Caledonia, MI
Students enrolled: 1,358

Caledonia High School 3

Posted February 13, 2015
Caledonia School teachers do care about their students. So much so that they can retest on nearly everything until they get the grade they want! They do have a good sports program and are very competitive in the OK-Gold White despite regularly being up against two State powerhouses of East Grand Rapids and Lowell. The school does have some financial issues, primarily because of paying for the generous retirement benefits of prior administrations. They do have a poor Math program and they are real sensitive and vindictive about it. When a local University Professor was asked by them (on a unpaid basis) to review their Math program and pointed out its problems, the Administration & Teachers Union mailed dispute notices to everyone in the district and get the Professor fired. But as the Professor said, if your child is not going to college or not going to be majoring in the Sciences, their regular Math program is probably OK for you. However, if your Child is going into the sciences get them in the advance placement classes because the regular classes are too weak for your kid to survive College Math.

Posted January 09, 2015
This is a follow up to my review on December 3, 2012 My child would not let me pursue the bullying endured at Caledonia High School and I wish I had but, nonetheless; it wasn't only the kids that made my child feel unwelcome but also the coaches specifically one of the sports coaches last year. My child sustained an injury and decided to go out for the only sport left to avoid any more injuries. He/she was told by a coach who prefaced it with how much he liked our child that the athletic ability displayed was "sub-par" therefore my child should not plan on coming to the rest of tryouts. That was the last of many rejections and my child whose life revolved around sports was crushed. Two weeks later I got to pace the halls of DeVos Children's Hospital after friends called the local sheriff because our child had shared plans to take his/her life. I hope you and your child never experience this!!! I also hope someone who "cares" takes the time to read this. Sincerely a concerned Mom.

Posted January 18, 2014
This school does NOT except new comers....if you are planning on bringing your child to this school DON'T!! the kids bully each other like crazy!!

Posted January 01, 2012
My girls went to Caledonia from elementary through graduation and it was an excellent school system. One daughter struggled with her grades, and every single teacher of hers was willing to work with her and help her succeed. As my daughters went to college locally, their professors were able to tell that they graduated from a good school because of their excellent writing and presentation skills. Caledonia schools set kids up to succeed.

Caledonia High School 4

Posted March 09, 2011
As a student who's been going through the Caledonia school system since Kindergarten, Caledonia schools are great! The high school is great with a beautiful building that everyone takes care of. Academics are pretty good as well. 95% of the teachers are willing to put in an extra effort to help you if you'll do the work. There's a few teachers and staff throughout the school that aren't the most friendly, but almost everyone is. My peers are decent as well. There's cliques in Caledonia, but most people are friendly. Sports and smarts are big in this school, but if you aren't into that stuff, there's a lot of art options that are great as well!

Posted April 03, 2008
My experiences with Caledonia have been nothing short of phenominal. We relocated our kids here from a private Christian school two years ago and have been absolutely elated about how well they have adapted and the relationships they have built with their teachers. Those who call the school 'close- minded' propably mean 'morally strong' which is what we need more of these days. The emphasis on character is refreshing and, unlike some others, I do find that the K-12 website has been an extremely useful tool. We are now in the process of relocating again (out of state) and my kids are extremely sad to have to leave Cal. It has truly been a great place to attend.

Caledonia High School 2

Posted July 19, 2007
My daughter transferred to Caledonia two years ago as a Freshman. My daughter never had a problem with a teacher until starting Caledonia. She was put in a classroom with a teacher that would yell at her, absolutely no willingness to help my daughter if she were struggling and quite frankly the entire year continued that way. There were student teachers in every class. My daughters homework was literally lost and then found two months later after she received no credit for the homework and she received no apology from the teachers or student teachers, this happened too many times to count! Her sophomore year she had two 'temporary' teachers due to an overflow of students. This made it difficult to communicate with either teacher because they literally would leave immediately after their class was taught. Overall we have been less than happy with our experiences!

Caledonia High School 4

Posted February 12, 2007
I am a student at Caledonia High School. I am very pleased with the learning environment there. There are only a few things that I would change. I wish that our school focused some attention on the students who are heavily involved in art, theater, and music. We have some really talented kids here and they are pushed aside so that the athletes are put in front.

Posted September 24, 2006
Caledonia High School is a great school. This school has many different art programs and music programs. As far as music and art programs go there is many different sports to choose from as well.

Posted March 17, 2006
Caledonia is without a doubt the best school academically my kids have gone to and I'm glad they understand that. But it is a very close minded environment and while this may be a small town people have to understand that there's a lot more around them and theres way more to the world than Caledonia. I don't think they give the kids enough independance at school and they are the most immature kids I've ever heard of.

Caledonia High School
9050 Kraft Avenue Southeast, Caledonia, MI  49316
Last modified Caledonia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caledonia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top