Caledonia High School 1

Posted January 18, 2014
This school does NOT except new comers....if you are planning on bringing your child to this school DON'T!! the kids bully each other like crazy!!

Caledonia High School 1

Posted December 03, 2012
When we found out that we were going to relocate to the area, we toured several high schools and felt pretty confident that the ones we picked were all somewhat comparable. When I saw the community feedback for CHS, I immediately crossed it off my list because I was worried that the community was not very accepting of new comers and could potentially be cliquish. However, when it came to finding a house that met all our criteria it just happened to land in the area. I can honestly say I wish I had gone with my instincts. We came from a community where we were respected and felt a sense of belonging; I must say as a family we have never felt so unwelcome. Our student participates in sports and we were at almost all the games. We didn t know until the end of the season that afterwards most of the players/families got together at a local venue. Our student has been bullied, called names by large groups, invited to several group activities, then quickly uninvited because other students didn t want them there and sadly they are not shy as to tell why. Thank goodness for one student who must feel a bit of empathy for ours otherwise lunch time would feel awfully lonely.

Posted January 01, 2012
My girls went to Caledonia from elementary through graduation and it was an excellent school system. One daughter struggled with her grades, and every single teacher of hers was willing to work with her and help her succeed. As my daughters went to college locally, their professors were able to tell that they graduated from a good school because of their excellent writing and presentation skills. Caledonia schools set kids up to succeed.

Caledonia High School 4

Posted March 09, 2011
As a student who's been going through the Caledonia school system since Kindergarten, Caledonia schools are great! The high school is great with a beautiful building that everyone takes care of. Academics are pretty good as well. 95% of the teachers are willing to put in an extra effort to help you if you'll do the work. There's a few teachers and staff throughout the school that aren't the most friendly, but almost everyone is. My peers are decent as well. There's cliques in Caledonia, but most people are friendly. Sports and smarts are big in this school, but if you aren't into that stuff, there's a lot of art options that are great as well!

Posted February 14, 2010

Posted March 27, 2009

Posted September 29, 2008

Posted May 07, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008
My experiences with Caledonia have been nothing short of phenominal. We relocated our kids here from a private Christian school two years ago and have been absolutely elated about how well they have adapted and the relationships they have built with their teachers. Those who call the school 'close- minded' propably mean 'morally strong' which is what we need more of these days. The emphasis on character is refreshing and, unlike some others, I do find that the K-12 website has been an extremely useful tool. We are now in the process of relocating again (out of state) and my kids are extremely sad to have to leave Cal. It has truly been a great place to attend.

Caledonia High School 2

Posted July 19, 2007
My daughter transferred to Caledonia two years ago as a Freshman. My daughter never had a problem with a teacher until starting Caledonia. She was put in a classroom with a teacher that would yell at her, absolutely no willingness to help my daughter if she were struggling and quite frankly the entire year continued that way. There were student teachers in every class. My daughters homework was literally lost and then found two months later after she received no credit for the homework and she received no apology from the teachers or student teachers, this happened too many times to count! Her sophomore year she had two 'temporary' teachers due to an overflow of students. This made it difficult to communicate with either teacher because they literally would leave immediately after their class was taught. Overall we have been less than happy with our experiences!

Caledonia High School
9050 Kraft Avenue Southeast, Caledonia, MI  49316
Last modified Caledonia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caledonia High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top