Bad
Good

My son is currently enrolled in one of the pre-k classes here. He loves going to school and looks forward to it every day! At his other school, he would cry when I dropped him and picked him up. His teacher is very sweet and makes sure to keep us updated on all things going on. He’s learned so many new things since he’s been here! It’s a great place to learn!

Sadly, Gallimore has declined over the years. There is a complete lack of leadership, and the principal is inept. She clearly favors certain families, and she treats others badly. The morale in the building is low, from staff to families. Parties and celebrations have been elimnated. Enrollment is down around 100 students in less than 10 years. Many families have requested a transfer within the district or have left for charters and private schools. The review (May 19, 2012) praising the principal is a complete joke. She could not have written it better herself. Oh wait, maybe she did.

I share the sentiments of the reviewers praising the teaching and support staff of Gallimore Elementary. My two kids attend Gallimore and as a parent, I've worked in all of their classrooms since Kindergarten. I've come away with a great deal of respect for the teachers that I've encountered. It is obvious they truly care about their students and work hard to provide all of them with a first rate education. Also, as a family we have had our share of interaction with Ms. May, Gallimore's principal. I have always found her to be a strong leader and extremely balanced - both fair and firm. During the time I've spent in the school, when students are sent to her office she consistently uses those disciplinary interactions as additional teaching opportunities with the kids rather than just punishment time. While I agree that every administrator or teacher's style doesn't suit every person's taste, no one will ever be able to convince me that Ms. May isn't dedicated to the education and well-being our students. Bottom line, Gallimore is a great school and it is an even better school with Ms. May as it's principal.

So blessed to be part of such a caring, knowledgeable, and dedicated teaching staff. Gallimore teachers work diligently to ensure that the needs of all students are met. Kids are at the heart of everything we do!

Happy to have a school like Gallimore where I feel confident that children will be loved and cared for by dedicated, competent teachers. A truly top-notch educational experience!

Gallimore has an excellent staff and a wonderful community of parents. The program at Gallimore is rigorous and there is awesome progress evident!

This school has issues stemming from leadership. Over the last 20 yrs years we have moved among several locations in the Ply-Canton community, and had our kids in several different elementaries--all very good, except this one. In our short-time there we've experienced several bullying problems, poor teacher performance (not all, just the couple we've had), and the principal is completely missing-in-action. When you do see her she'll tell you what you want to hear, then dissappears again and nothing changes. Eventually she just wears you down with incompetence / lip service and you give-up. My advice, make sure your comfortable with your child's teacher early on, and document everything when dealing with the principal.

We have had a wonderful experience (so far) at Gallimore. The teachers have been great. My daughter has really excelled since attending Gallimore.

Gallimore has the nations best kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Miller! She has technique, style, wit, humor, patience and principal! The kids love her and the parents admire her!

Gallimore is a wonderful school where kids can feel safe and successful. Kind and caring staff.

Last modified Gallimore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.