Canton, MI
Students enrolled: 2,062

Canton High School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
I am a former student and now a parent in the PCCS district. My elementary and middle school years were spent in the TAG program and in high school we were really cut loose- in a good way! This high school prepares you for college, no question. I came to my university with 12 credit hours from AP courses taken at Canton High School. It allowed me to graduate college in 3.5 years instead of 4 years and saved me a semesters tuition. As a parent, I now realize it can be a little scary for your child to have that much freedom in high school. I was a motivated kid who did not need a lot of supervision to succeed, and I hope my son is the same way. However, it is easy for students to become distracted at this giant campus the same way it is in college. In making a choice for your family, think about your child's personality and whether or not they can thrive in a mini college environment. If your child is independent and takes initiative, there are way more opportunities at PCEP than any other high school.

Canton High School 1

Posted June 08, 2012
Canton is not the school they say it is. It is the typical warehouse school. thousands of students and no where near enough staff to engage students. They teach to the few and leave behind the rest. My student was thriving until he started at Canton this last year. When staff call they are reading from a file not able to know the students names let alone their needs or history. If you have the choice, go elsewhere for your child's sake. They do however have an amazing choir and choir leader. Truly a special teacher who loves and cares for her team. she is truly inspirational and a shining light in a dark dingy tunnel of a school. The senior staff including the principals are not interested in student growth. They are obsessed with their record, stats and anything that makes peers think it is a wonderful school. The end result is a staff that does not care about the students. The counselors are equally oblivious to student needs. they are focused on stats too. they want every child to apply to many colleges so they can show the numbers. They don't care if they are prepared for the colleges they apply too. Try and change a class the first day of school. It won't happen

Canton High School 2

Posted June 12, 2011
In hindsight, I must say that my years at Canton High School and P-CEP as a whole were insufficient in preparing me for college. More than half of the teachers are mediocre at best, with several being overtly inconsiderate or just plain incompetent. Of course, there are exceptions. I had two or three teacher whom I enjoyed very much and with whom I am still in contact. The administration is absolutely abhorring. Students are treated like small children and must follow rules that are stricter than those at most mental institutions and prisons. I graduated in 2009, and since then things have become even worse. I firmly believe that the Plymouth-Canton High Schools are not focused on a quality education, but rather on imposing power-hungry ideals onto students. If you want your child to be successful and content, avoid P-CEP at ALL costs.

Posted January 31, 2011
This is a 5-star school. I am a transplant for the East Coast- the Philadelphia area-to be specific. My 16 year old granddaughter attends Canton High and she loves it. The teachers and counselors are truly qualified and caring and encouraging to her. Even though there was a period of adjustment for her(and our family), She has greatly improved in her academics, even math. She gets all the help she needs to take her to the next level in her learning. I am sooooo impressed with her improvement and she had made great friends by singing in the choir and taking advantage of the many extra-curricular activities. I can't say enough wonderful things about this school!!!!!!

Posted January 25, 2011
The PCEP campus offers students a wide variety of classes and an excellent opportunity to be better prepared for college and life affer High School. The facilities and staff are superb.

Canton High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Canton is part of the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park, a complex of three high schools with 6200 kids on campus. The park has great staff, superior educational opportunities and we have a great football team. Go Chiefs!

Posted August 01, 2009

Canton High School 1

Posted May 07, 2009

Canton High School 2

Posted April 20, 2009
We moved here from Florida in 2007. I am very disappointed in the PCEP school system and the board. They can't keep a band director because nobody meets their qualifications! What are they looking for. All four bands at the school received 'One' ratings at District. The first time in years. Also, they think Marching Band is a Parent activity and not a student activity. Parents run the program. The kids practice M-F 3pm - 6pm and then on Sat from 9am-9pm. This is high school. There is more to life than band and winning the BOA competition. What about memories of playing in parades and on football fields. We knew our transfer here was temporary and we can't wait until we leave next year and move to a more traditional school environment.

Posted October 30, 2008
As a former student, and now a parent, I love what Plymouth-Canton Schools have to offer students. There is a wide variety of classes to choose from and many extracurricular activities. I also like how big the campus is because I never experienced having a 'popular' crowd--in fact seven years after I graduated, I still encountered people in my graduating class whom I've never met (and I was not a 'jock'). My half-sisters attend a very small high school and are very miserable there--they don't offer as many classes to choose from or as many teachers to work with. I hope one day that my son will be able to attend a high school like Canton.

Canton High School
8415 North Canton Center Rd, Canton, MI  48187
Last modified Canton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top