Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My kids reading is at very good levels. She is constantly trying to write her thoughts down too, and is curious about reading more

My kid is reading very well. She started this school year, and is consistently happy to go to school. That is important for me, and was not the case in her pre-school. The comments in my kid's report cards reflect my understanding of my kid, and thus indicate to me that the teachers are spending time with her, and actively listening too.

My experience with Eriksson squarely balanced to average. There is nothing extraordinary, but neither was it abyssmal. My child's very high test scores did decline during the school year. Discipline and structure are placed above innovation and attendance to individual needs, but I don't single this school out for that. It's common. There is strong school spirit. The focus on the 7 habits of highly effective people (leader in me) is typical of preparation for a highly average life... which for the vast majority of people is a-okay.

Absolutely awesome school. Both of my children attended this school. I loved the warm environment and professional staff. The environment listed in the previous post did not exist. The children are challenged and the school promotes and great learning environment. I would recommend it to anyone.

I absolutely despised this school. My daughter attended for 3 years, K-2 and transferred to Miller for 3-5 for the TAG program. At Eriksson, she was taught at a below average level and was neglected by her teachers and students because of her race and intelligence level. Jealously and racism is spotted easily here.

My son is in first grade here and we could not be happier with the school. The entire staff is great and always willing to help. Mr. Learned is an amazing principal who truly cares about every student. We have a new PTO board this year and so far so good. They are very plesant and really strive to make Eriksson a great place for students. It is sad to see that we were only ranked a 7, In my opinion this school should be a 10.

This is the school my nephew attends

So far our experience with this school is terrific! The kids have been there for three years, and all of their teachers have been extremely involved and keep the parents involved with the day to day progress of the kids. Mr. Learned is the new principal (as of this year), and he is a great asset to the school, as well. The PTO is great, there are many fundraising opportunities, but without being pushy :) The speech and language, as well as reading programs offered have worked wonders for the kids, and all of the office staff has always been nothing but courteous and extremely helpful.

Last modified Eriksson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.