Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Every since my child started going to this school it's been problem after problem. I should have paid attention to the warning signs at the initial open house when I met his teacher. She was very abrasive and would cut you off mid-sentence. As the year went on I was never informed on current events such as picture day, I even checked the website. I could never get ahold of her if I had questions about his assignments or anything. The office staff are the rudest people I've ever had to deal with!!! Worst than Secretary of State! I hate to say this but my son will not be returning.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My son's teacher is very abrasive and does not individualize lesson plans. She may have years of experience but perhaps she is burnt out.

As a substitute teacher, I thoroughly enjoy this school. The staff are great from the second you enter this school. The secretary, Annie, is one of the only secretaries in the district who smiles when she greets you. The principal, Mr. Learned, is outstanding. He really cares about the kids and is always smiling and ready to say hi when you make eye contact. He sets the tone for the whole school. I have been and continue to be very impressed.

We moved to Canton from Redford. I'm so glad we did this is an excellent school. One of my children has a learning disability they tested him and he is finally getting the help he needs. Both of my children are excelling this year. I am one happy parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My kids reading is at very good levels. She is constantly trying to write her thoughts down too, and is curious about reading more

My kid is reading very well. She started this school year, and is consistently happy to go to school. That is important for me, and was not the case in her pre-school. The comments in my kid's report cards reflect my understanding of my kid, and thus indicate to me that the teachers are spending time with her, and actively listening too.

My experience with Eriksson squarely balanced to average. There is nothing extraordinary, but neither was it abyssmal. My child's very high test scores did decline during the school year. Discipline and structure are placed above innovation and attendance to individual needs, but I don't single this school out for that. It's common. There is strong school spirit. The focus on the 7 habits of highly effective people (leader in me) is typical of preparation for a highly average life... which for the vast majority of people is a-okay.

Absolutely awesome school. Both of my children attended this school. I loved the warm environment and professional staff. The environment listed in the previous post did not exist. The children are challenged and the school promotes and great learning environment. I would recommend it to anyone.

I absolutely despised this school. My daughter attended for 3 years, K-2 and transferred to Miller for 3-5 for the TAG program. At Eriksson, she was taught at a below average level and was neglected by her teachers and students because of her race and intelligence level. Jealously and racism is spotted easily here.

My son is in first grade here and we could not be happier with the school. The entire staff is great and always willing to help. Mr. Learned is an amazing principal who truly cares about every student. We have a new PTO board this year and so far so good. They are very plesant and really strive to make Eriksson a great place for students. It is sad to see that we were only ranked a 7, In my opinion this school should be a 10.

Last modified Eriksson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.