Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
My kid, consistently, was happy to go to school everyday. This was not the case with her preschool program at a private school. When I volunteered at my kid's class, I saw her engaged and active, which was also not the case earlier. She has started reading very well. One more thing I observed was that the comments in her report cards made me feel like the teachers are spending time with her: the comments reflect my personal understanding of my kid. Her test scores on the "state" level tests could probably be bettered, and I am not sure how the staff go about that. But when I sit down with my kids with some online samples of how the tests look, my kid did much better than her "recorded scores" indicate. Since she is still in kindergarten, I would choose better "teaching" over "scores", and I think I see that in her current class - I am very happy with the "team" of teachers in Mrs. Laycock's class.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 23, 2016
My kids reading is at very good levels. She is constantly trying to write her thoughts down too, and is curious about reading more

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 23, 2016
My kid says her teachers tell them "to be kind". I can see my kid getting along with others, and feel the same about other kids wr.t their behavior to my kid

Eriksson Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2016
My kid is reading very well. She started this school year, and is consistently happy to go to school. That is important for me, and was not the case in her pre-school. The comments in my kid's report cards reflect my understanding of my kid, and thus indicate to me that the teachers are spending time with her, and actively listening too.

Eriksson Elementary School 3

Posted July 21, 2015
My experience with Eriksson squarely balanced to average. There is nothing extraordinary, but neither was it abyssmal. My child's very high test scores did decline during the school year. Discipline and structure are placed above innovation and attendance to individual needs, but I don't single this school out for that. It's common. There is strong school spirit. The focus on the 7 habits of highly effective people (leader in me) is typical of preparation for a highly average life... which for the vast majority of people is a-okay.

Eriksson Elementary School 5

Posted February 08, 2013
Absolutely awesome school. Both of my children attended this school. I loved the warm environment and professional staff. The environment listed in the previous post did not exist. The children are challenged and the school promotes and great learning environment. I would recommend it to anyone.

Eriksson Elementary School 1

Posted July 20, 2011
I absolutely despised this school. My daughter attended for 3 years, K-2 and transferred to Miller for 3-5 for the TAG program. At Eriksson, she was taught at a below average level and was neglected by her teachers and students because of her race and intelligence level. Jealously and racism is spotted easily here.

Posted November 11, 2009
My son is in first grade here and we could not be happier with the school. The entire staff is great and always willing to help. Mr. Learned is an amazing principal who truly cares about every student. We have a new PTO board this year and so far so good. They are very plesant and really strive to make Eriksson a great place for students. It is sad to see that we were only ranked a 7, In my opinion this school should be a 10.

Posted September 17, 2009
This is the school my nephew attends

Eriksson Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2009
So far our experience with this school is terrific! The kids have been there for three years, and all of their teachers have been extremely involved and keep the parents involved with the day to day progress of the kids. Mr. Learned is the new principal (as of this year), and he is a great asset to the school, as well. The PTO is great, there are many fundraising opportunities, but without being pushy :) The speech and language, as well as reading programs offered have worked wonders for the kids, and all of the office staff has always been nothing but courteous and extremely helpful.

1275 North Haggerty Road, Canton, MI  48187
Last modified Eriksson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.