Posted March 08, 2014
My son transfer to this school in 2013 and is currently in second grade. Since attending Field Elementary School his reading has greatly improved. My wife and I are very happy with this school.

Field Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
Love this school. Amazing teachers, supportive staff. Very concerned for student safety and achievement .

Field Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
The school has a very inviting atmosphere. The teachers are interested in the students.

Posted March 01, 2010
Field school is an excellent school. All of my two children teacher are/were wonderful.

Posted February 15, 2010
I have three children, my youngest is still at Field in 5th grade. We have had a great experience there. All the teachers I have come in contact with there over the years have been wonderful. Even the office staff, kitchen people, and extended day staff I have dealt with over the years have been helpful and kind.

Posted December 09, 2009
I have to disagree with a lot of the reviews on here. The principal has always gotten back to me in a timley matter and has always treated my kids like they were wanted there and made them feel comfortable. All of the teachers my kids have had have really tuned in to who they are and have taught them a lot. I love Field.

Posted October 29, 2009
The principal has no interpersonal skills. He is rude and forgets who the taxpayer base is.

Posted July 17, 2009
So disappointed!!!! Had a child in 3rd grade and 1st. We were rezoned 2 years ago from Erickson to Field Elementary. Some of the teachers were excellent but overall I was disappointed. I have a College degree and have sub taught. Anyway, we are moving due to schooling (and taking a big loss on our house)!! Beware of buying a home with Field as its elementary!!!!

Field Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2009
I have been reading the past couple of posts and I absolutlely agree with the both of you. I have been so patient with the school and it has not gotten me anywhere. I am very disappointed with the school. If I could send my child somewhere else I would. My daughter is very quiet and well behaved and it has gotten us no where. The principal puts all concerns off on other people but really he is the one not doing his job.

Posted March 24, 2009
I agree with the last post. The administrator is unproffesional, condescending and lacks leadership. He doesn't hold teachers accountable for their grading criteria or ensure they are even teaching the GLCE'S. Don't plan on getting any issue resolved because the administrator only knows how to give excuses and hind the truth.

Field Elementary School
1000 South Haggerty Road, Canton, MI  48188
Last modified Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Field Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top