PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I graduated 8th grade from here. So many positives, but yet there are so many negatives. The curriculum is rigorous; however, if you want your child to be more than a year ahead in mathematics, you will have to look elsewhere or consider another school or after school math such as Kumon. The Arabic is strong, but many seem to not pay attention in class. The Arabic program may seem strange but it is very review-heavy. English and science here are very good. Some of the mathematics teachers are significantly better than others. There is limited after-school opportunities, at least when I attended, but it seems to be growing. The problem is the administration. It has dwindled in quality severely since the new principal was hired. The middle school teachers have also seemed to dwindle in quality, but they seem to be getting back on track. Also, the honors program is very strange. There is no student body type-things such as class president or student council. Also, there is no grass on the soccer field. The field really isn't good at all. I learned a lot here and it prepared me very well for high school. Would I send my kids here? I cannot say. It's a mixed bag. The true benefit of this school is that you are constantly being reminded about Islam and it instills a positive notion about Islam in you. This review was mainly on the middle school because that is all I can remember.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Math homework is on par with Advanced Algebra 1.

This is my daughter's fourth year at Crescent, and I cannot understand how anyone would not LOVE this school. Our experience has been phenomenal! She is the youngest of all my children and I have seen many a school in my day. At an Administrative level, they are extremely organized. At a professional level, I feel they they have created an atmosphere that reconciles our American culture with a very clear, firm and deep understanding of the unshakable tenets of our faith. This is just what I have wanted to find in a school my whole life.

A great balance of Islamic education and academic achievement. It is the best way to build a child's personality from an early age.

I spent 11 years at this school (day care till 8th), and I can say nothing but great things about this school. The family environment is something I will always miss. The school gives more than the standard education of any public school. They give the vital education, but use that to connect to more global concepts, such as giving back, our connection to God, and our role in society as American Muslims. The teachers care about the education as well as the well being of each student. Unlike other Islamic Schools, the school provides art and gym classes, many extracurricular activities, and clubs. Overall, I am proud I am part of the Crescent family.

It's an okay school, nothing over the top however. The school can be improved in a varied amount of circumstances, however it seems as if the Administration is not willing to take any risks with the current state of the school. The teachers are knowledgeable enough to determine them capable enough to teach, from what I can see at the least. My only complain would be the lack of recess materials and equipment withheld in the school, as there is barely any grass on the soccer field, the fences barricading from the nearby neighborhood are breaking, and overall the school is not upholding the responsibility they have of inducing a safe and calm place for the children to enjoy. Many hazards can be located in the play areas, and I would strongly recommend any sort of make-over to acknowledge and assure the safety and quality assurance Crescent is sought to be known for.

I enrolled my child at Crescent Academy, and I would like to put up a fair warning to any parents who wish to enroll their children. This school is greatly distressing. The school is unable to manage their expenses. The teachers can be quite conceited and somewhat unclear. This website tells me a helpful review should tell parents what I think they should know, which I have done. It also tells me to say what I like about the school, and I would like to say that there is nothing good about this school. It simply lacks the capability to maintain an advanced education and has poor commitment socially. Also, the website tells me to say how the school improve. The school has crossed the line. It cannot improve. When the last principal left us, I saw a significant drop in school quality. I would like to end by saying: Don't enroll. This school isn't the right school for you. It isn't good for anyone.

Amazing teachers. Great learning environment. Special focus on basic skills like reading.curricula is at/ above grade level & NWEA testing scores prove that. Students learn respect, care and gratitude as a person and values that are important for their survival as a good human being. The one thing i think school can incorporate to become even better is probably introduction of more extra curricular activities and encourage students to participate in them. For new parents: in addition to regular curriculum, school has a special focus on Arabic language and its teaching starts from preschool.

Crescent Academy International is an amazing school! The teachers are wonderful and i've seen a lot of growth in both my children not just in their islamic studies but also academically. My children have exceeded beyond my expectations. This institution is a wonderful environment for any child to grow and prosper and i recommend it highly to all parents.

Low budget school, has no extra activities, education is mediocre. Uniform makes no sense and there are many hidden fees. Teachers are barley know how to speak english.

Last modified Crescent Academy International is a Private school that serves grades PK-8