All Saints Catholic School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
I was a student here for seven long years. After pleading my parents to let me switch to a public for several years, my wish was granted. During my time at ASCS, I found my creativity stifled and my individuality being stripped away. When I was there the school didn't want individuals. They wanted a school of robots. My grandmother passed away when I was in the third grade. During choir class we began to sing a song that my grandmother loved. I was crying silent tears but was swiftly removed from class and told that I was a distraction. I got yelled at for creating a scene when I had done exactly what the teacher said without any fight, and was told to only return back when I "pulled myself together." When I finally went to a public school, even though I was ahead academically, I was terrified to ask questions in class because the teachers at ASCS made it near impossible to feel comfortable in their classes. There is not a single good thing I have to say about the school from a student's standpoint. My parents say that the school is great, but the administration was always very good at appeasing the parents. The school teaches discipline, but at what price?

Posted December 05, 2013
This is my children's 2nd year at All Saints. They absolutely love it there! We transferred from Our Lady of Good Counsel and they have been thrilled ever since. The building itself is warm and welcoming, very bright and inviting. The staff is excellent and the administration is very accessible. My kids have had nothing but wonderful experiences at All Saints. The class size is "just right" at about 20-24 kids, whereas OLGC has 36 to a classroom starting in 3rd grade (way too many) and the OLGC building is ancient. The curriculum at All Saints is wonderful; both academically challenging and interesting. My kids are excited to learn! The Catholic faith is evident in every classroom and throughout the school. My kids attend mass weekly and are learning values and teachings of the church throughout all of their subjects. I've read the 1 star ratings on this site and wonder if our kids are at the same school....I, and everyone I know, have had nothing but a wonderful experience at All Saints and would recommend it highly to anyone interested in a faith-based, top-notch education for their children.

Posted December 04, 2013
This is our family's third year at All Saints Catholic School and we consider it a true blessing. Not only are our children receiving strong Catholic specific catechism in their religion classes with program they are now using, but our children are able to share with us regularly how our faith ties into what they are learning in reading, science, and social studies. The academic expectations are rigorous at All Saints Catholic School, but we have been thrilled to see what our children are exposed to and are mastering. In our experience, the teachers and administration have always been very knowledgeable, personable, and helpful to our entire family.

Posted December 04, 2013
This is our daughter's second year at All Saints and we could not be happier! As a public school teacher, we struggled with deciding where to send our children. We chose All Saints after visiting several schools including our local public school. We have been very impressed with the dedication of all staff members and their devotion to the school. We are very happy with the Core Knowledge curriculum and are amazed at the level of learning happening and how motivated our daughter is. It is obvious that the staff keeps current with research based best teaching practices. The small class size allows for children to get the attention they need to be successful and fosters a warm community feeling. Our daughter enjoys going to mass with the whole school and comes home telling stories of what she has learned about our faith There are extra curricular activities for all ages and interests as well. All Saints has our highest recommendation!

All Saints Catholic School 1

Posted November 16, 2013
We have been at All Saints Catholic School for 12 years and the quality of the school has declined significantly in the past several years. They do a good job with the younger grades, but when the children reach middle school it is another story. The 7th and 8th grade children are treated horribly and are miserable. Our daughter is an excellent student, has been an altar server at our church for the past 5 years, in the children's choir for 6 years, and spends much of her free time volunteering at and raising money for local charities. This year she has had a teacher curse at her while reprimanding her for a ridiculous infraction. Another time, she was so strongly reprimanded for nervous laughing when a lunch monitor was telling some students to "look her in the eye when she yells at them" that she had to be picked up early because she was crying so hard. For all the parents of young children at All Saints: beware what the future will bring! If you are a parent trying to decide where to send your child, go to Our Lady of Good Council, St. Mike's or Our Lady of Victory. From our perspective, even the public schools model Christian values more effectively than All Saints.

Posted November 11, 2013
We have two students at All Saints and have been very happy with the quality of the education. Over our 4 years at All Saints, I feel that the curriculum changes have just been fantastic. The material the kids are exposed to is starting earlier, is more challenging and they are handling it well. Very impressed with the direction ASCS is heading in and I look forward to future improvements. Also regarding the one star review post October 4, 2013, I think that poster was confused with All Saints in Canton Michigan and All Saints in Grand Rapids Michigan.

Posted June 03, 2013
This is our 3rd year with All Saints and we couldn't be happier. The kids love the school. We love the small class room sizes and teacher involvement with their students. From the start, discipline and structure are reinforced which we believe is the foundation to a good education.

Posted April 28, 2013
We are very happy with our choice to enroll our child at All Saints. The faculty is engaged and enthusiastic about the job they do. The school is clean, bright, and has a positive feel. All Saints is a great community as well. Parental support is outstanding as well.

Posted April 15, 2013
I am pleased with the education that my children are getting at All Saints Catholic School. I like the direction that the school is heading and feel fortunate that my children are getting a good education. Class sizes are small and the teacher aides and coaches really add to the teacher involvement..

Posted January 24, 2013
We are very happy with the quality of the academic and religious education our child is receiving here. We also like the fact that parents are encouraged to be very involved.

All Saints Catholic School
48735 Warren Rd, Canton, MI  48187
Last modified All Saints Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
All Saints Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top