Charter Township of Clinton, MI

Tenniswood Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2014
A staff dedicated to building positive relationships with every child and family. A beautiful science lab, Smartboards in every classroom...students get an education that is second to none.

Posted April 19, 2013
If you want your child to bullied, then send them to Tenniswood elementary. My son was bullied on the bus, so I put him in sacc. Today my thrid grader was pinned down by 3 fifth graders and the principal sends me a note saying he will be suspended. There is a month left of school and I am switching.

Posted October 02, 2011
I love Tenniswood Elementary... My husband & I went there. We were in the same Kindergarten class! Now I am happy to share the school with my children. I love the Teachers, the Principal... Overall, Love it..

Posted October 01, 2011
I love Tenniswood school.. the staff is wonderful and the teachers are great so the Principal! My Daughter is in second grade and she has attended Tenniswood since kindergarten!!!!!

Posted December 17, 2009
My son is in third grade and has attended Tenniswood since kindergarten. I absolutely love this school. Wonderful office staff, and the teachers are to be highly commended. Lisa N

Posted August 29, 2009
I absolutely despise Tenniswood. The class sizes are unacceptable. If your child is disruptive to the class in anyway the teachers and I do mean all of the teachers, label your child ADHD and want them medicated. Complain to the principal and she's right there singing the praises of medication and doesn't care whether or not ADHD is the real issue. Bullies are not handled appropriately and I just love the early dismissal every Wednesday.

Tenniswood Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2008
My child has attended Tenniswood for a few years, I am very disappointed with the way the principle handles issues that may arise. I wish the staff would be more helpful in giving my son the direction he needs. He does not like this school and cries everyday about going to school. My sons admiration for overall learning has dropped considerably. He will definately not be returnig next year.

Posted September 17, 2008
My children have been attending Tenniswood for 5 years. Pro's---The teachers with a couple of exceptions wonderful !! The new construction and remodeling inside and out are great!! High parent involvement. Cons---Class sizes are too big, which puts both teachers and students at a huge disadvantage (30 kids on avg). It has become overwhelmingly obvious that Image and the mighty dollar are far more important to the principle than the actual success of the children. There are many clicks among the staff that have yet to be broken up. I find not enough help offered to children who really need it..whether it be socially or academically. Over all a great school...Needs new leadership!!

Posted September 15, 2008
My children have attended Tenniswood for the past 3 years. The teachers are excellent as is the learning environment. My children love to go to school everyday and the improvements to the school make them even more excited about going. The only thing I am not impressed with is the principal, she needs to focus more on helping the children and less on the financial cost for proper testing and help to the children succeed.

Posted January 28, 2008
Tenniswood has a core group of exemplary teachers. However, there are some that do not have the basic skill set needed to work with children.

23450 Glenwood Street, Charter Township of Clinton, MI  48035
Last modified Tenniswood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tenniswood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top