Montessori Childrens Academy 1

Posted August 05, 2014
Our child was in the toddler program and was bitten on two occasions and we were notified via a note in a bag to read at home. My child had a complete bite mark bruise for over a week. As weeks progressed, I received a call in the middle of the day from the instructor that my child had been needy. It was not clear if they wanted me to pick up my child. They called on another day with this open-ended statement, so I cancelled meetings and left work to get my child who was happily playing when I arrived. Long story short, they called a meeting to advise us that my child was nearing the age of 3 years and would need to leave, because the lack of potty training. They also tried to insinuate autism as a reason, along with other disabilities by way of having a class aide in our meeting to share her story of her autistic son with MS. THIS was our meeting to inform us of the dismissal. As we moved to transition out, our child became more and more upset & refused to go in; an indication that the treatment had changed. On our last day, the aide said nothing to me or my child as we left.

Posted September 10, 2013
i went here until second grade and enjoyed this school. Its been years since i left but i miss the school and the teachers i had they were all great. i started to dislike the school after i changed schools but after a while realized what they did for me and cant thank them enough for the education i received here. i would recommend at least considering this school for your child.

Posted January 28, 2012
This Montessori school has the reputation of strictly sticking to the Montessori philosophy. The facility is beautiful and the staff is caring. If you are in this school building and observe, you have a sense of satisfaction of sending your child here.

Posted February 12, 2011
All of my children have attended the school. I have not found another school, public or private, which is so attentive to the individual needs of children. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a young child.

Montessori Childrens Academy 1

Posted March 16, 2010
Not very happy with this school. First concern is safety: in the morning the back door is open for anybody to come in. When I brought this to the director's attention, she said there is a teacher at the door all the time. Well, the teacher is not at the door all the time. Besides, if something would happen, my question is: what can a woman and a few small kids can do to defend themselves???? Another concern: well being of the child. Per school rules, I brought doctor's note for my child to be kept inside. But, they don't respect their own rules. I was told by the director to come and get the child home, because she is not going to honor doctor's note. And I am paying for before & after hours, so I can work. And there is a lot more to say, but not enough space.

Montessori Childrens Academy 0

Posted March 15, 2010
Safety:0 It's there rules or nothing else. 100% babysitting.

Posted December 01, 2009
My 3 year old is in the Primary Class at Montessori Children's Academy. He absolutely loves it! The school follows a strict Montessori curriculum, which is exactly what I was looking for. It is amazing to see thirty 3-6 year olds in one classroom working in small groups or on their own with only 1 teacher and 1-2 assistants. It is like a well oiled machine! You can tell that the Head of School and the teachers are very dedicated to the school and the students. They encourage parents to be involved by observing the classroom. I plan on keeping my child in the school for the entire Primary Curriculum, and possibly into the Elementary Curriculum.

Posted October 16, 2008

Montessori Childrens Academy
43521 Romeo Plank Road, Charter Township of Clinton, MI  48038
Last modified Montessori Childrens Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Montessori Childrens Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top