Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We have not even started here yet and I haven't had nothing but amazing greets every time I spoke with them on the phone, or the four times we have already visited.

great school !!! Love the principal Mrs. Mair. My sons just loves his teachers. Everyone is just so nice.

Our family LOVES Cherokee!!! What an amazing school!! Our principal Mrs. Mair is absolutely amazing! She truly cares about all of the students and goes above and beyond the call of duty. She is very engaged, loving and kind. She builds the students up and leads with great example. The teachers are nothing short of wonderful!! They are extremely caring and truly enjoy their job. The office staff is very friendly and always offers a warm hello and a friendly smile. The PTO is amazing at Cherokee, they provide numerous family fun activities thought the year and are a very welcoming. I give Cherokee a BIG Thumbs up and 5 out of 5 stars!

I have two kids at Cherokee and I could not be happier with our experience here. The principal Mrs. Mair has turned our school into a welcoming warm place for my kids to be. She is hands on with the kids and when you walk thru the halls you can just tell how much the kids love her!! The Teachers my children have had, I can't say enough good things about them. The PTO have fun and exciting events all year round for the kids. The parent volunteers work hard to make Cherokee a great place to be. Cherokee is also a leader in me school, which just within the first year you can tell the difference in the kids confidence, decision making and over all attitude in becoming a leader. My family is very happy to be here!!

I feel this is a good school. The principle has no direct contact with the parents. the teacher's are great expecially the kindergarten teachers. homework assignments are given weekly for the k class.the teacher interacts well with me as a parent. I have been very pleased.

I love the principal at this school. Mrs. Jones is so kind and fair to all the students and helped my son a lot when he really needed it. She always looks out for the needs of the students and tries to make this school the best it can be. I wouldn't take my son anywhere else.

Principal is phony and runs the school without uniformity. She has her staff all under her spell as she does not truly do things that are best for students. 1. Shuts down library a month before school is over. That promotes reading? 2. Closes the school doors to Park and Rec. That promotes community? 3. Clueless in what is best for students with needs. 4. Negative, negative school newsletters. Give me a break. Is life so dismal? 5. She will make something difficult for you if you let her. If she can make some red tape appear "just because" look out. It's all about her showing her power. Guess she gets off on that. Sad. Chippewa Schools are great but choose a different elementary if you can. Right next door at Erie is run by a fabulous Principal who is very involved and gets what it means to be a parent. The principal at Cherokee has got to be an awful mother in regards to caring and support.

This school is fantastic! I have attended this school for 7 years including preschool. The staff is amazing and there way of teaching and connecting with their students are very unique. They use alot of great technology that allows the kids to interact with the lesson. On the other hand i do agree the principal is a little phony and trys to make situations better by 'smiling.' Overall this is a terrific school to put your kids in.

I don't believe the school treats all students the same. Some get away with the same things that other students are punished for. Lack of uniformity and concrete consequences for 'all' students. Principal seems phony and more interested in smiling than getting to the root of problems.

Great school and teachers. As a teacher as well as a parent I want to add that schools do not pick and choose what curriculum to offer. Michigan has specific Grade Level Content Expectations to follow and the district adheres to it. It is often difficult to fit in ALL of the expectations in a school year. If parents want to enhance their child's education with outside language, dance, drama, or other classes ~ fabulous.

Last modified Cherokee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.