Charter Township of Clinton, MI
Students enrolled: 2,447

Posted July 11, 2014
Chippewa is like all schools, where you can't keep all bad out, like pot. But the majority are great kids and they have great education. Both my girls went there and are now Doctors. They are a BLUE RIBBON school, meaning great programs. They have a great medical and IT program, great college prep and advanced courses. Wonderful teachers, and great security (cameras and great police and fire response close.) I find it hard to believe this high school is not rated 8 or higher too...you were wrong to rate lower! This school is also located around a growing community with new homes, no slums, and middle class life style. It should be rated at least a 8.

Posted January 04, 2014
Before I begin, I would like to point out that parents who think they know what they are talking about because they are adults are wrong(I'm referring,to the ones with bad things to say). To say that this school has a HUGE drug problem is completely false. However, there are people who smoke, but it doesn't affect my education or anyone else's, which I would hope is the main concern. The second problem parents addressed was about the staff. This kind of stuff bothers me. I guarentee the kids that go home and complain to their so easily deceived parents about how they don't understand any of the homework were on their phones the entire class period. The teachers that I have do an excellent job of teaching, however I have more excellerated classes which require more independent work, especially my AP college course class. Students that are convinced their teachers hate them and aren't good at teaching usually approach their education as if it were a punishment and put forth little to no effort. The whole expensive sports thing, that might be true, I dont know, but that can be easily looked up. I recommend taking challenging classes to achieve the best education at Chippewa.

Posted November 30, 2013
Eminem's daughter goes here. That is soooo coool !! Saw him at parent-teacher conferences and nearly sh*t my pants.

Posted August 12, 2013
I go there and I absolutely love it. For patents say that teachers don't teach or care, then don't take the stupid classes. If your child wants to be there you'll realize that most teachers care. Take difficult classes and get involved. As for students starting the 9th grade center it's great because I would have been so lost without it. I love it there's lots of activities and things to be involved in.

Posted August 07, 2013
I was surprised to see this was rated 7 out of 10. My daughter has gone to CV for one year and we are really happy. It is a big school so your child can feel quite lost if they don't get involved. I think they could work a bit harder to make the school more welcoming because it is so big. I was also surprised how few parents are directly involved considering its size.

Posted July 13, 2012
My child has not even gone to this school yet, the child will start at the 9th grade center in the fall of 2012 and I already cringe at the thought of her going there. I've tried to talk my child into going to a different school but the child doesn't want to because of friends. Had contact with counselor and social worker already, boy did they definitely rub me the wrong way on first meeting. I want to stay away from them as far as possible. I read the reviews below and can tell the teachers don't teach just like at Wyandot MS, no communication, all responsibility on child and parent. If something goes wrong, OH WELL, not their fault. Gut feeling tells me to just run away from this district...................As for sports, yeah well if you can afford the high fees and everything that goes with it, good for you, you must be in one of those "cliques" then because that seems to be the only thing that helps a student get along well with the staff, the pets, otherwise you're a looser and not worth the staffs time, priorities are definitely in place all over Chippewa Valley.

Posted April 04, 2012
Chippewa is a very good school for athletics and sports. You will receive about 4-5 hours of homework a night including studying for tests. I currently have a 3.0 gpa

Posted September 20, 2011
CVHS is Actually not anywhere close to being one of the best schools in the state, it is actually ranked at 168 in the state, just so the facts are known, and are correct.

Posted August 04, 2011
Terrible school with a huge drug problem and principal could care less about student safety!

Posted July 21, 2010
Chippewa (9th grade center) is terrible! Straight-up. Most of the teachers DO NOT teach you. They give you an assignment and expect YOU to figure out everything for yourself. Finals and mid-terms count for too much of your overall grade. There is an OVERWHELMING amount of homework in every class (every day!). I have personally stayed up until 3am many-a-night, and I know other students who have done the same. This is an UNWELCOMING, unfriendly school. The students are overly preoccupied with sex. I was a victim of CONSTANT sexual harassment, and the administration did NOTHING about it. The male students definitely objectify certain females. If this sounds good to you, then CVHS/Chippewa Valley is your school.

Chippewa Valley High School
18300 19 Mile Road, Charter Township of Clinton, MI  48038
Last modified Chippewa Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chippewa Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top