Charter Township of Clinton, MI

Posted May 24, 2014
Anyone who has a child that needs special help in certain areas should consider this school their first choice. I speak from experience on behalf of my daughter.

Posted May 27, 2009
My grandson has flourished at this school. His teachers have been given him good instruction and have taught him to be an independent learner. They have been caring and good role models.

Miami Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2009
I see a parent doesn't like the homework-hotline. The students are held responsible for the link between the teacher/parent' I have a student in the 5th grade. The student also use daiky agendas. Your kid can t fill that out? If they're in 5th grade they need to deal with it. I like making my son responsible for what he need to do. I don t enable him, and I don t want the teacher enabling him. I think if I was seen by a Dr. when I was a kid they would say I had ADD too. I learned to deal with it. Get your kids off the couch, out from in front of the computer and have them take responsibility. 6th grade is coming soon and they need to get with the program. That s just the beginning, life on their own is right around the corner.

Miami Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2009
What can I say, it's a school. Not impressed at all. No parent / teacher communication. Most of the teacher's don't use email as communication, no classroom letters or notes to parents about what is going on in class. All there is for real communication is 'call the homework hotline'. The studenst are held responsible for the link between the teacher / parent which is great but when you have a child that is ADHD, that doesn't work out so well. Not much help for special students. I wouldn't recommend this school at all.

Miami Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2009
My daughter transferred from another chippewa valley school, to Miami. And since our last expereince, I can honestly say my daughter loves the school. She is in the fourth grade. And her class size is 27. I consider that better than the 34 kids in the other school. She likes her new teacher, and enjoys being in school. Yes, there is a lot of parent involvement. The PTO is very active, and I think that is great. I can tell the difference this school has made in just the month we have been there. And I would recommend this school to others.

Miami Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2008
My daughter goes to this school, and I think it's wonderful. Miami does have very full classes, but the teachers do get a lot of help. They have student teachers, co-op students, par-professionals and a great principal who is always willing to help out any student at any time. The have excellent MEAP scores and strive every year to improve where it is needed most. They also have an excellent PTO that is always trying to keep the kids busy with fun activities throughout the year.

Posted April 05, 2008
I student taught at Miami and was exceedingly happy with the leadership and innovated practices I witnessed during my stay there. I would have no qualms about sending my own children to Miami.

Miami Elementary School 0

Posted January 21, 2008
My grandson is doing well in this school after coming from Warren. It took him a month or so to settle in. The large class size leaves much to be desired, his teacher really has her hands full, but things seem to be working out okay.

Miami Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2008
I am very dissapointed in this school. My sons teacher does not know what she's doing, the class sizes are much too large, and the fundraisers! Theres like 6 fundraisers going on each month, its ridiculous. The principal should spend less time trying to rake in money and more time focusing on the needs of the students. I am currently searching for another school for my child.

Posted December 11, 2007

Miami Elementary School
41290 Kentvale Drive, Charter Township of Clinton, MI  48038
Last modified Miami Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top