Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love that many of the teachers are younger in their tenure so they are very enthusiastic as well as current on the latest effective teaching styles.

Amount of homework: Agree

The only homework that makes it home is work not finished during the allotted class time. This instantly lets the parent know that their child may need some additional help in an area if they consistently can't complete a lesson in class. Special projects are the exception.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have seen the attention that goes into children that are above average, at level, at risk and special needs. They do an amazing job. The only time you see any issues is when there is a non involved parent who expects the school to do all of the work, but even then they go above and beyond.

We have been going to Miami and made it our school of choice in the district. Get involved and watch your child flourish. The staff, teachers and students are all top notch. Looking forward to our last child finishing out their elementary years at Miami.

I love my child's teacher. She is great about addressing concerns and communicates with me often. I feel that most of the teachers are very caring. The principal is very nice, however, having a child with special needs has become quite challenging at this school. They have had quite a few changes in the position of social worker over the last two years and things were communicated at all between the replacements. The lady that is there now is quite opinionated and not very helpful.

Anyone who has a child that needs special help in certain areas should consider this school their first choice. I speak from experience on behalf of my daughter.

My child is a Miami Elementary student . She has gone to this school since preschool and she is in the 3 rd grade now. I love this school and all the teachers are great also. Miami elementary does so much for the kids, and parents to help with the childrens education durning the school year.

My grandson has flourished at this school. His teachers have been given him good instruction and have taught him to be an independent learner. They have been caring and good role models.

I see a parent doesn't like the homework-hotline. The students are held responsible for the link between the teacher/parent' I have a student in the 5th grade. The student also use daiky agendas. Your kid can t fill that out? If they're in 5th grade they need to deal with it. I like making my son responsible for what he need to do. I don t enable him, and I don t want the teacher enabling him. I think if I was seen by a Dr. when I was a kid they would say I had ADD too. I learned to deal with it. Get your kids off the couch, out from in front of the computer and have them take responsibility. 6th grade is coming soon and they need to get with the program. That s just the beginning, life on their own is right around the corner.

What can I say, it's a school. Not impressed at all. No parent / teacher communication. Most of the teacher's don't use email as communication, no classroom letters or notes to parents about what is going on in class. All there is for real communication is 'call the homework hotline'. The studenst are held responsible for the link between the teacher / parent which is great but when you have a child that is ADHD, that doesn't work out so well. Not much help for special students. I wouldn't recommend this school at all.

Last modified Miami Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.