No rating

International Academy Of Macomb

Public | 9-12

Posted June 12, 2014

This school is one of the scariest but one of the best decisions I have ever made. The curriculum is hard I will admit, but it challenges you in a way that makes you interested and work twice as hard as you would at your home school. I am only a freshman but I have already made the decision to return again next year. I truly believe if you are looking for a good school with a challenging curriculum this is an amazing place to go, the atmosphere is so welcoming and the teachers really do care.

Posted March 17, 2014

I attend the International Academy of Macomb and I do think that it is a great school that provides a great education. I am currently a senior and do not think that I would ever be as prepared for college as I am now. The main problem that I have with the school is the lack of organization, the school is new and is trying its best to fit the IB curriculum and to develop ways which the students will benefit from. However, they are implementing different policies and teaching things, to me, out of order. In my opinion, our school needs to reassess their priorities and what they assess students by before they can be considered one of the best schools in Michigan. Much like other schools, a lot of our staff believes that every student learns the same and that the teachers way is the only way, but a lot of times their teaching tactics only make the students struggle. Some of the staff likes to assign "busy work" which only puts more homework on the students and gets the teacher out of teaching, leaving the students confused (History dep.). I think that the curriculum will get student's on the path to success, but the student has to be willing and devoted to their education to succeed.

Posted January 16, 2014

i hate attending this school the staff is not very well, and if you have to see a teacher after school to make up a test and dont have a ride home your kinda messed up. if you miss a day you cant get your work untill the next time you see time which is every other day.

Posted October 16, 2012

As a parent of an IAM student I am very satisfied and pleased with the curriculum my student is partaking in. My student is well prepared for college and the challenges that will be presented. This school is not for everyone. A student must be driven and not into all the extra activities that a regular high school offers.Do not expect perfection and straight A's but expect the best education an honor student/high achiever can obtain. Now the MISD needs to develop a middle and elementary IB school.

Posted March 1, 2012

The International Academy of Macomb is a great place for a student that is motivated and willing to put in a lot of effort. I am currently a freshman at the IAM. I love this school; although its VERY stressful at times and can be very frustrating. The teachers are the best teachers i have ever had in my 9 years of school. They care and are always willing to help you. The IAM has high expectations of its students. The principal is great along with the counselor and all of the teachers. At times you may feel like you hate the place and you want to go back to your home school, but in the long run the IAM wont do anything BUT benefit you. Colleges will pick you first, and you'll get many scholarships. I know a good number of juniors and seniors, and most of them are getting full scholarships to their University of Choice. If you're looking into sending your child here, definitely go for it. It is a great opportunity and will make things much easier for you in college.

Posted October 16, 2011

I want some information about the admission in International academy. How is the entry test? Also my kids attend Iroquis middle school., Will they be able to attend IAM? Most of the kids in our school go to Dakota Thanks

Posted September 6, 2011

The best decision we have made for our 2 sons was to send them to the I.A.M. Are oldest was at a good school, but still wasn't being challenged to his potential. We checked out the I.A.M. and there happened to be an opening for him in the middle of his sophomore year. My youngest tested into the program and started as a freshman. The curriculum, environment, staff, is all top notch. We couldn't be happier. The boys will reep the rewards after graduation ten-fold.

Posted November 11, 2009

i am a studant at the IAM. i am a freshman and its realy scary to be entering a new school, only knowing 2 or 3 kids (since i come from a smalle ristrict). i was amazed by how kind the students and staff were, and by how i felt welcomed almost imedietly by my fellow students. at my old school i had lower than a 3.5, i didnt turn all my work in, and i had a horrible disciplinary record, but the IAM gave me a chance and now i am doing great and i am happier than i ever was before.

Posted September 17, 2009

I am a student at the International Academy of Macomb, and I love my school! While the academic benefits are great and really open up a lot of doors for my future, the atmoshpere is the best aspect to me. I love that there is a small amount of students because I have made the best friends and I know everyone. I have my choir class in the highschool and I see all of the kids that are crammed into the school. They don't know half of the people they see everyday, and they are constantly being disciplined and directed because their are so many of them. We have a lot more freedom at the IAM, and I don't think I could go back to a huge school system if I wanted too! I LOVE the IAM.

Posted September 13, 2009

I am at student at the International Academy of Macomb and it is an amazing school! I absolutely love it. It is very hard adapting to the challenging academic environment at first although you'll get used to it very quickly. The teachers are great and I can honestly say that they really want us to succeed - the teachers at my old school really didn't seem to care that much. The teachers are a great asset as they try to make themselves available as much as possible to help. At the IAM, you are given a ton of freedom although that freedom comes with a lot of responsibility. I would definitely recommend this school to those who are motivated and have academic drive. This rigorous school is definitely worth the challenge it puts its students through!

Posted August 25, 2009

I attend the International Academy of Macomb (IAM), and I love it. Yeah, the work can be really difficult and challenging most of the time, but it is worth it. Not only am i challenging myself now, but i am preparing for a better future. Also, the friends i have made are amazing; the classes are so small that i know everybody in my grade, and we are all really good friends. We get to meet kids from all over Macomb that we have never met before- the diversity is really nice.

Posted August 11, 2009

this is a great school and the courses really required hard work. I don't sugest this school for anyone with a GPA lower than 3.5 because it'll get really hard for them. Even w/ ppl with a GPA of a 4.0 will have trouble adapting. I suggest this school for ppl who wants to challenge themselves to their limits

Posted May 27, 2009

I attend the IAM and am completely happy with my choice of testing last year. Its a great school fulled with excellent teachers , and Mrs. Demas is simply amazing. They take their time to discuss problems and situations with each student to help us understand things more. I will surely miss them when its time for me to graduate . If you are motivated and like to learn the IAM is the place for you .

Posted April 7, 2009

My daughter attends this school and it is wonderful! Finally to have a program that caters to the top acheivers. Mrs. Demas and her staff are a tremendous asset to this school and its' sucess. If your student is motivated, organized and wants more out of their education, the IAM is the place. My daughter is also an athlete at her home high school, which allows her to stay in touch with her friends.

Posted April 2, 2009

The International Academy harbors the top 1-2% of students in Macomb County, and the top percents of the state. It is rigorous, with about 5 hours of homework a night, and its' sister campus which it bases its curriculum off of is constantly one of the top 10 schools in the USA. It offers the rigorous IB Diploma Programme.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 26% in 2014.

139 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 29% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 28% in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 44% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Michigan used the Michigan Merit Examination (MME) to assess students in grade 11 in reading, writing, math, science and social studies. The MME is a standards-based test, which measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Michigan. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Beginning in the 2011-2012 school year, the Michigan State Board of Education implemented new definitions of what it means to be proficient on the MME test. In addition, they have recalculated past years' results using these new standards for proficiency, making the above year-over-year results comparable.

Math

White96%
Economically disadvantaged93%
Students without disabilities97%

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

• Eric Sturm

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

42755 Romeo Plank Road
Charter Township of Clinton, MI 48038

Chippewa Valley High School
Charter Township of Clinton, MI

Chippewa Valley Adult And Mohegan Alt. Educ.

Macomb Academy