Bad
Good

Posted February 02, 2014
As a parent of a middle school child I am extremely disappointed in the principal and the way that she handles situations. She is very biased. She will punish and suspend a student for something, but if a student she likes does the same infraction they dont get any punishment at all. She loves to twist your childs words and make it so they say exactly what she wants them to and admit to things that they didnt do. In this school if you get into trouble once you are from then on guilty until proven innocent. and this principal loves to suspend kids for just about anything and for the maximum amount of time. I do have to say that I love all of the coaches for the athletic programs at the middle school and some of the teachers are great as well. Some of the secretaries are nice too.

Posted February 17, 2013
I have been very unhappy with the middle school and the principal as well. She will suspend a kid for any reason at all and the assistant principal has threatened my child that if he continues getting suspensions they will pull him out of the middle school and send him to a school in saginaw made for kids with "problems" like his. I am very dissapointed in the teachers as well. they dont seem to want to help my child at all or let me know if there is an issue with him getting bad grades. overall If I could, I wouldn't even give this school one star and am currently looking into moving to another school district.

Chesaning Middle School 5

Posted February 04, 2010
I have two children in the Chesaning school system. My oldest is attends Middle schools and I have been very happy. She enjoys all of her teachers and they are all very helpful. She also enjoys all of the sports that they offer. She is happy to go to school. I also have a child at Big Rock elementary and he is a special needs child. I have had the greatest support that a parent could ever hope for. With such great teachers and help that we have received within this school district I could never imagine ever leaving it. Good job Chesaning Union Schools!!!

Posted July 27, 2005
I strongly agree with the comment about special needs children in this school system... I too have a special needs child and trying to get the help he needed was compairable to pulling the teeth on a lion. Even after I obtained all of the documentation that the school asked for, I continued to experience great difficulties in getting my child the additional services that were available to him. I feel that the teachers are generally very good at the job that they do, but only if your child is not considered to be a special needs child.

Posted October 19, 2004
This is one of the worst schools I have been involved with. I have a child with special needs and can't get any help at all. They also have a high percent of suspensions for any reason. When your child is suspended don't try to talk to anyone about it because they don't return your phone calls and the principal is always out of the office.

Chesaning Middle School 3

Posted July 18, 2004
This school is very bad at solving grade difficulties. I wil never send my kids there again!

Chesaning Middle School
431 North 4th Street, Chesaning, MI  48616
Last modified Chesaning Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.