Clawson, MI

Clawson High School 2

Posted May 28, 2012
The school is small and everybody knows each other which is great. Teachers know their students and the principal knows everyone too which is rare these days. The technology is right up there but not used to its full potential. The biggest problem? Poor class selection. No options and no diversity Have to go off campus to get AP, foreign language, upper math and science classes that are standard in most other schools. Example? They have the basic english class for each year that you need to graduate. But no english electives. Creative writing, Composition - nada. They really are unable to fully provide preparation for a good college. You need to be self driven and find it yourself.

Clawson High School 3

Posted January 07, 2009
School seems to be very community bases, where everyone knows everyone. The lack of diversity in presence and curriculum hurts to prepare students for the real world outside the sheltered suburban Detroit community.

Posted August 11, 2008
Clawson is one of the GREATEST Schools in Oakland County. Yes it is small however for the kids I think it is nice. Each teacher knows most of the kids by their first name and they are not just a number in a sea of kids. Because it is small our kids cannot get away with to much because you are sure to hear about it. They do a great job making our kids have a decent self esteem. They are encouraging and sincere. I could not ask for a better environment for my children to be in. I choose to not move into a larger house because I love the schools and the close nit community. It is a modern day Little house on the prairie.

Clawson High School 2

Posted September 18, 2007
The problem with Clawson schools is poor curriculum.

Posted September 05, 2007
Clawson is a small school district where teachers, parents and school adminisrators alike work together to graduate exceptionally bright and eager young adults. Clawson graduates are ready to take on college or trade schools with a vengeance.Students throughout high school take an active part in providing any necessary help to underclassmen.Clawson has a program to aid children with Autism and is supported not only by professionals but also cared for by our students.

Posted August 11, 2005
I would like to address two issues here. My name is Kevin E. Phillips and although I am flattered that someone would take the time to post in my name I must point out that there is one simple discrepancy between the post from October of 2004 and today s post. Those of you who know me know that I always sign with my middle initial. I am also flattered that whomever post earlier must have been listening to me quite intently. They reflected my sentiments and opinions quite well. The school is in good shape. My colleagues are very skilled and they do care about the kids. I know this because my son attends as a school of choice student. He likes his teachers, the administration, the physical plant and most importantly the other students. All the test scores in the world can t measure the wonderful environment that Clawson has provided. And yes, we do have one of the most successful band programs in the state. Sorry, I m not bragging, just being truthful. -Kevin E. Phillips

Clawson High School 4

Posted June 24, 2005
My daughter is in CHS. She is in band, the Optimist Club and on Student Senate. If your child applies him/herself they will succeed. The school is great. I also have 2 other children currently enrolled. I'm not moving simply because I don't want them in another school. Stop blaming the school because your child is not doing well.

Clawson High School 1

Posted April 12, 2005
Students have NO options at Clawson High School. There is one teacher per subject... and that's your only choice! If a student is struggling the majority of teachers will do NOTHING to assist. Many of these teachers have lost their ability to connect and do their jobs properly and effectively. Time to retire and let in the 'new blood'.

Posted February 23, 2005
I have nothing but good to say about this school district. My (2) children attended schools in this district for almost 3 years. The schools not only provided a good education, but made the extra effort to address the issues that many children face today. We have been out of the district for almost 3 years and are in the process of relocating back to that area so that my youngest can attend Clawson school district again. I, as a parent of 5, have dealt with MANY school districts (in state and out) and Clawson is BY FAR the BEST district I've come across. 'School' is about more than education; Clawson DEFINATELY recognizes that.

Clawson High School

Posted February 21, 2005
Clawson High School is one of the smallest schools in Oakland County. If offers quality programs and extracurricular programs. Students have options, if they choose to take them. It is a safe place for any student. The administration and teachers help all students. No school is perfect. The parent involvement is the highest at sporting events and performing arts performances. Hopefully, it will increase at parent conferences and PTSA meetings in the future. I plan to attend the next PTSA meeting. As a parent, I haven't had any problems with the administration or teachers that weren't solved. For my child, the high school seems to be suitable and I know that it is working for many others. I would think that anyone that thinks the school is really bad, then they would not send their child to school there. Most people I know are satisfied.

Clawson High School
101 John M Avenue, Clawson, MI  48017
Last modified Clawson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clawson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top