Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

If teachers spent less time crying and yelling at students, maybe more work could get done in class and children wouldn't have to take home unfinished class work AND homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It's heartbreaking to see a teacher demonstrate such blatant dislike for a child to their face, children are young and inexperienced but not stupid. Showing impatience and dislike for a student openly isn't fair to the CHILD. This school does not foster or encourage respect for one another and being friendly to everyone.

Nightmare of a school. It's apparent that the teachers at this school are unhappy and several of the teachers have a very difficult time talking to children without showing their impatience and in some cases their dislike of the student they're talking to. The secretaries in the office are exceptionally rude. The principal spends far too much time playing detective with the kids like he's Matlock trying to figure out who did what wrong rather than acting like authority figure and taking charge of situations teachers can't handle (which is a surprising number of situations at this school). The great teachers don't stay, they move on quickly. My favorite part of this school was leaving.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My son's teachers were cited as a major reason he did not receive testing, because they did not feel there was a significant issue.

My kids went to Kenwood, and as long as you don't require an IEP, it's fine. However, dispute me repeatedly requesting my son be tested the school refused even though they continually complained about his behavior. I finally took him for private testing and he received multiple diagnoses. We have since left this district and we couldn't be happier.

My son loves this school! The teachers are great and take their time with each student. I was a little hesitant at first about the 2 grades in each class, but it has worked out very well. I highly recommend!

Very impressed with Kenwood. Love the multi-grade learning concept. Seems like the kids gets to dig deeper into subjects, as they have 2 years to complete studies for required grade levels. Don't worry if your child doesn't completely connect with his teacher, it's not absolute that you're stuck with that teacher for 2 years. But I do find that most parents want their child to be with the same teacher for 2 years. The Principal is very approachable and works with students, parents and staff to make the environment and open and positive environment. It's nice to see a school take a different approach to a learning environment. I would highly recommend you taking the time to explore Kenwood and meet their team. It's worth it!

I absolutely love this school! I was impressed with the principal's progressive way of thinking and approach before my son started K last fall. She also gave me a complete tour explaining everything with lots of details before I chose Kenwood. His teacher is warm, charismatic, strict, and has great teaching methods. My son is making progress everyday, enjoys going to school, and absolutely loves his homework. Although in K, he is at a higher level in both reading and math. Therefore, his teacher makes sure he works in groups according to his level and not his age in his mixed K-1 class. I think this way of teaching encourages progress and makes kids more attentive in class. I am sure he will enjoy mentoring kindergarten kids next year in his mixed K-1 class!

My son older son went to schalm for most of his elementary year. His fifth grade year we switched schools. His grades went up and He loved his teacher. My sons class sat at tables , and worked as a team. He was in a spilt classroom. which I think is a great. The kids learn how to help one another. All I can tell you is that my son enjoyed going to school. His test scores and grades went up. Kenwood has alot of family events. My five year old is starting in the fall.

Kenwood is a great school. I bring my kids from a diffrent city just so they can get all the benifets. My middle child is very over active and her teacher is great. Discourging me for right now, of having her take medicine. Instead, teaching her and me of other ways to over come it. I love Kenwood every one is so careing!

Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.