Clawson, MI

Posted January 06, 2012
My son loves this school! The teachers are great and take their time with each student. I was a little hesitant at first about the 2 grades in each class, but it has worked out very well. I highly recommend!

Posted January 07, 2011
Very impressed with Kenwood. Love the multi-grade learning concept. Seems like the kids gets to dig deeper into subjects, as they have 2 years to complete studies for required grade levels. Don't worry if your child doesn't completely connect with his teacher, it's not absolute that you're stuck with that teacher for 2 years. But I do find that most parents want their child to be with the same teacher for 2 years. The Principal is very approachable and works with students, parents and staff to make the environment and open and positive environment. It's nice to see a school take a different approach to a learning environment. I would highly recommend you taking the time to explore Kenwood and meet their team. It's worth it!

Posted February 10, 2010
I absolutely love this school! I was impressed with the principal's progressive way of thinking and approach before my son started K last fall. She also gave me a complete tour explaining everything with lots of details before I chose Kenwood. His teacher is warm, charismatic, strict, and has great teaching methods. My son is making progress everyday, enjoys going to school, and absolutely loves his homework. Although in K, he is at a higher level in both reading and math. Therefore, his teacher makes sure he works in groups according to his level and not his age in his mixed K-1 class. I think this way of teaching encourages progress and makes kids more attentive in class. I am sure he will enjoy mentoring kindergarten kids next year in his mixed K-1 class!

Posted July 13, 2008
My son older son went to schalm for most of his elementary year. His fifth grade year we switched schools. His grades went up and He loved his teacher. My sons class sat at tables , and worked as a team. He was in a spilt classroom. which I think is a great. The kids learn how to help one another. All I can tell you is that my son enjoyed going to school. His test scores and grades went up. Kenwood has alot of family events. My five year old is starting in the fall.

Posted February 06, 2008
Kenwood is a great school. I bring my kids from a diffrent city just so they can get all the benifets. My middle child is very over active and her teacher is great. Discourging me for right now, of having her take medicine. Instead, teaching her and me of other ways to over come it. I love Kenwood every one is so careing!

Posted September 19, 2006
Apparently the parent below must have had some issues as happens with all schools. Not every school is going to work for every student or parent. This school wants parent involvement more than anything the problem is not enough parents are involved due to work schedules and it ends up being the same parents doing everything. They offer lots of specials including Spanish. We came from a district that has a lot more funding but offers so much less. As for outdated teaching I find that almost laughable. This principle goes out of her way to keep up to date and offer everything she possibly can, you couldn't find a woman who has a bigger heart for all of her students, though she does expect them to be responsible. They are really pushing family and school working together to teach kids life lessons now similar to ethics. Great Teachers and School!

Kenwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2006
This school wants no parent involvement. Poor leadership and old school ways reflecting the outdated way of teaching.

Posted May 31, 2006
Kenwood is a great school in a small community. It has an excellent academic program with split classes. My daughter loved her first grade teacher. Parent involvment seemed to be so-so but they have started to offer spanish.

Posted October 26, 2005
This is our 1st year at Kenwood we came from one of the Catholic schools in the city, our son is in the 5th grade. After 10 weeks we are impressed with the quality of the school. So far the staff has been excellent. The teachers are still 'fresh' (which is one big reason we left the other schoo). The teachers we have had contact with still seem to enjoy teaching and strive to create a curriculum that challenges and engages the students. Our teachers seem very open to parent communication and have a willingness to work with each student to try and best meet their needs. We had heard good things, but now we see first hand they are true!

Kenwood Elementary School
240 Nahma Avenue, Clawson, MI  48017
Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top