Clio, MI
Students enrolled: 1,022

Posted January 06, 2015
We had a great experience with our kids at the elementary level- we were understandably nervous when it came to middle school. Both the age in general- and I had heard some bad experiences of others at Carter. We enrolled our kids there hesitantly- watching closely- with a mentality that we'd transfer them quickly if need be. Our experience has been GREAT! We have truly been pleasantly surprised- and that shouldn't speak poorly to the faculty and staff but to our own hesitations. We've loved the academic challenges and creative teaching that our kids have experienced. The teachers are engaged and helpful- at parent teacher conferences- they have given us helpful next steps. We had some health concerns with one of our kids. They needed a special plan- but of course, no middle school student wants to stand out as 'different'. The principal was quick to respond, meet with us, and set up a meeting with teachers, counselor, and us just to make sure we could all be on the same page. We left HIGHLY impressed. Carter has steadily been making GREAT progress on an annual basis as a school and staff and as a parents we are grateful for our kids education and experience there!

Posted August 24, 2014
This school is great. I loved it there and Im really gonna miss it when I go to the high school

Posted September 24, 2013
Carter Middle School is teaching our kids how to think for themselves. Their homework often has questions that students need to use reference materials, including computers, to find the answers. This will prove to be a great asset as they move toward college.

Posted August 22, 2013
George R. Carter Middle School is a great school, I have grandkids that attend there as so did my children.

George R. Carter Middle School 4

Posted January 20, 2011
My son has attended Carter for five months now and so far I am pleased. The teachers seem very interested in the kids and are pretty accessible. Progress reports (for 5th graders, at least) are sent home weekly and they also use a website where you can monitor your child's grades and homework assignments. They seem to have a great band program and many other extra curricular activities and after school clubs - from writing to Webkinz. My biggest concern is that middle school starts in the fifth grade and, although they are pretty segregated from the older kids and the faculty seems to understand that fifth grade is light years from seventh grade maturity-wise, it is a difficult transition for kids that are slower to mature. My son has always gotten A's and B's but has really struggled this year due to having to juggle multiple teachers, assignments, new routines, etc. I think he would have handled it better if he were a year older but the teachers have been great in working with him and us to get him back on track.

George R. Carter Middle School

Posted April 19, 2010
Staff is very helpful. Student's seem to strive.

Posted October 04, 2009
Carter has a great faculty and is always putting the kids first. They care about their education. They also keep the parents involved and up to date on information.

George R. Carter Middle School
300 Upland Drive, Clio, MI  48420
Last modified George R. Carter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George R. Carter Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top