Colon, MI

Colon High School 3

Posted January 08, 2013
I am a student here and I have to say that I haven't been completely happy with what I have had to go through with this school. The office faculty and leadership isn't very professional. I have had numerous problems with communication with the office workers. I also seem to have problems with my schedule every year. Some of the workers are condescending. The school work isn't very hard and I have heard a lot of people say they go to college unprepared. On the brighter side, the school has just been renovated, so the building is very nice and also, the teachers are really nice. However, I would not recommend going to this school.

Posted August 26, 2011
I am a student and I LOVE it there! Amazing teachers, they care about us like we are their own children.

Posted July 30, 2010
I am a student at Colon High School. I believe that Colon is the best school I could have ever went to. I am in the eleventh grade for the 2010-2011 school year, and the teachers are AMAZING! They love us. And we create strong bonds amongst each other. The principal is alittle iffy right now, in my opinion, due to her calling the class of 2010s graduation, "her graduation." My fellow peers are pretty much what you would find at every school, except we know everything about everyone here. Im in an advanced placement math class, College Algebra, so I would say that they are challenging academic programs :) Please dont hate on Colon. Its an amazing school. I love it here.

Colon High School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
The teachers care about the kids like no other school

Colon High School 4

Posted January 13, 2010
Great teachers who care about the students.

Posted December 14, 2009

Colon High School 2

Posted September 06, 2009
This school has potential because of a couple of amazing teachers. However, the curriculum of this school is way below avreage. When the kids go to college, they will automatically be behind. It is way too easy, to be frank. Also, some of the people in the administration, should not be there. But keep it up! ;)

Colon High School 1

Posted September 02, 2009

Colon High School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
I believe the teachers and administration are trying to do their best at Colon Schools. The facilites are in great need of updates however the community consists of many retired people and, unfortunately, many with lackadaisical attitudes towards education. A bond issue needs to be supported by the community as a whole and there needs to be that recognition that improving your schools improves your entire community. With tightening budgets from the State it is difficult to spend money on bandaiding problems that really require quite a lot of money to fix. Our school could qualify for some technology grants so that, for instance, all students could have laptops for use but when the rooms have only one or two working outlets (the norm when the buildings were built) this just won't work. It's time for the residents of Colon to step up and support the kids of Colon Schools!

Colon High School 3

Posted December 05, 2008
As a graduate of Colon, I got to see the ups and down of living in a small town. Sure coming from a small school that offers no AP classes makes it hard in college, but hard work and working through adversity defines who we are. There are some pretty terrible teachers. But they are out weighed with some of the best teachers that have ever existed. A severe lack of funding plagues this school as the building falls apart and the great teachers leave to find a contract. I believe that this school is ok though. I was able to enter a large University's prestigious honors college and I am doing well. Success from Colon is possible.

Colon High School
400 Dallas Street, Colon, MI  49040
Last modified Colon High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top