PK-12 & Ungraded
Dearborn Heights, MI
Students enrolled: 1,530
After care: No

Posted June 07, 2015
I've been to five different schools and this is honestly the worst school I've ever been to. All of the work seems very easy and it's really easy to think that you're intelligent but when you leave you realize just how behind you are of everyone else in your grade. Standards are horrible and I pity everyone who eventually has to leave one day and is hit by the workload that normal high schoolers and college students get everywhere else but here. I got 100s across the board and never studied, did homework or tried on anything. Then I left and was so behind everyone else b/c I had no idea how to take tests or even manage time to do homework. Please do not enroll in this school if you care anything about getting a real education. If you want straight As but not develop a work ethic or study, this place is perfect.

Posted May 23, 2015
Worst school, ever. Period. No need to explain whatsoever. Books are second-hand and bought online for nothing. Students are misbehaved.

Star International Academy 5

Posted November 24, 2014
Congratulations to Star International Academy and to the HES Family for ranking as the top high school in the state of Michigan according to the Mackinac Center for Public Policy's Michigan Public High School Context and Performance Report Card.

Posted November 17, 2014
Little teaching, teachers are bad , all we do is sit. We are always behind

Posted August 16, 2014
I am a former teacher at SIA. Just FYI they tell their staff to post positive comments online... enough said. Parents PLEASE do your research before sending your child to one of Hamadeh's schools.

Star International Academy 4

Posted April 14, 2014
Star International Academy is a great school. My kids were there since kindergarten. In reply to all other parents I must say that it is the safest school for kids and I would never move my kids away because of the constant monitoring to the students. The staff are very responsible and they take safety of our kids seriously. The teachers are doing their best to provide students with the knowledge and information. They have to deal with the rude and disrespectful students everyday and nothing stops them from moving on. You know what let see when you move your kids to a different school how you are going to feel when they come home with drugs. Thank you very much Ms. Nawal Hamadeh for everything you do and to all other staff in all schools.

Posted February 10, 2014
Below average. Lacking leadership. Classrooms expanding every year and so are the prices. Sad as it was once a lovely little school.

Posted January 26, 2014
I was a student at sia for five years. the IB program isn't that special it's just a bunch of unnecessary work that students and teachers have to suffer through. Arabic class was the biggest joke ever. I didn't learn a thing the teacher spent the whole hour yelling at students for no apparent reason. there are no extracurricular activities. THE BULLYING IS TREATED LIKE A JOKE THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE THEY SAID THEY COULDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO Go THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH. at my new school I made plenty of friends and I signed up for ap and honors classes that STAR DOES NOT HAVE. as the year went on I realized I was very far behind in math and science I had to get special one on one time with teachers to get caught up with all the other students I had missed out on a year of material thanks to star. I also signed up for countless after school clubs that star DOES NOT HAVE INCLUDING AN ANTIBULLYING PROGRAM. the counselors at star were just there to get paid they didn't care about the students. the administrators were a joke all they did was walk around and yell at students for no reason. this school was very much like a prison do not send your child here.

Posted November 02, 2013
I worked at SIA for one year. I declined the next contract. After SIA, I decided I didn't want to be a teacher anymore at all. Soon I began to realize that not all schools are like this school, and found my passion for teaching again at a public school. Because of the administration and the way the teachers are dealt with by these administrators, it makes it impossible to attempt any creative teaching methods. Not only this, but there is an obvious mistreatment of teachers by way of paperwork and monthly hour long observations followed by lengthy conversations about everything that teacher is doing wrong, which in other schools would be celebrated (ie new teaching ideas/communication). My administrator had no knowledge of the subject she was observing and often made incorrect judgments. She was not qualified at all. The staff is forced to review the school positively online, and test their students so often that there is less time for teaching. Mtgs are lectures, and students are not held accountable for their actions. They were not allowed to get an F for missing work, so they never learned responsibility. Their behavior went without consequence when referred by the teacher.

Star International Academy 4

Posted June 14, 2013
As a staff member here at Star I know that the teachers are doing everything they can to see our students succeed. We are fully adopting the International Bachelorette program to teach our students skills they will need in the modern workplace. We are doing everything within our power to make this school and our students something to be proud of.

Star International Academy
24425 Hass St, Dearborn Heights, MI  48127
Last modified Star International Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Star International Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 95 reviews. Top