PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. Anselm school has Good Academics but not a very good environment . The teachers are not highly qualified !

Highly recommended. There is nothing this school lacks - great academics, high standardized test scores, well-rounded athletic program (CYO & Instructional), and a multitude of extra-curricular activities for students. The parish support is amazing. The new principal has really energized the school. Really, really great things happening. Wouldn't have my children anywhere else. Currently have Pre K- 8th Grade, but looking into full day kindergarten as well as the 1/2 day option. Their website is www.saintanselmschool.org check it out.

My husband and I looked all over the Archdiocese of Detroit looking for a school with solid academics and diverse extracurricular programs until we found St. Anselm. Both of our children have attended the school since the beginning of their academic education, and I can only say great things about their experience. The teachers are caring, helpful, and creative. We love the diversity of the student population. The sports program is all inclusive, including instructional soccer, and basketball, and summer baseball for the younger grades. The CYO boys & girls program sports (soccer, basketball, softball, and baseball) are open to grades 5-8. There is strong parent participation, which makes the school feels more like an extended family.

My children have attended St. anselm for the past 8 years. Our children's upbringing, moral character and education are of utmost importance to us. I stress this point because we are critical of academic programs, sports, peer groups, adult interactions whether other parents, teachers or administration, etc..We are happy with this school and grateful to the staff for providing such a high quality education at a reasonable cost. Also the academics are good enough for most graduates to qualify for entry to U of D Academy, CC, DC, and Ladywood, where they regularly receive honors as is posted in our parish circular. The diversity between ethnic and socio-economic groups is also very refreshing. Take it from a parent that does the research, St. anselm is the best kept secret of the archdiocese in metro Detroit.

I rate this school 5 stars. For it's overall well rounded education, to it's excellent diverse teaching staff. St Anslem's also is one of the few elemetary schools with superb baseball and soccer fields and gym.

St. Anselm offers Pre K - 8th Grade with a broad curriculum that includes Spanish (starting in Kindergarten), Music, Art & Gym. A fantastic sports program is available for grades 5-8, an instructional sports program for grades K-4 and a great summer baseball program. St. Anselm is blessed to have a staff and parent community that truly rallies around the children. It really does live up to it's Motto: Education. Catholic Values. Proud Tradition of Excellence. See for yourself at www.saintanselmschool.org or drop by the office for a vist...you'll be glad you did!

Whatever you do , do not send you child to this school. They will be at a disadvantage when entering high school in all the core subjects of math, english and science. The teachers are not helpful, will not do anything extra to help your child succeed. They work eight houts get their paychecks and the heck with you kid if they need it. I have to get an outside tutor to help my child be prepared for 9th grade math and I am not the only one. The principle lets the teachers run the school and you better hope your child iis one they like. They bully the kids and put them down for the smallest of mistakes If you have to drive out of your way to take your child somewhere else then do it!!!! Steer clear of this school.

Awesome school! Middle school science program is excellent.

This school definitely prepared me for high school. The teachers are kind and are always ready to help. The curriculum prepared me well, and I often found that I was learning more than in a public school in higher grades, even in the lower grades. As an honor student, the teachers always convinced me to achieve more and more, and I am forever grateful. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to have their child succeed.

If being an unhappy 'robot ' is your goal for your child then this school is the one for you! My child has never been happier since leaving this school .It's over structure and never allow a child to smile attitude is sure to break the spirit in any child! I thought teachers and principles got into the teaching profession because they loved children; here in this school were the average teacher should have retired 10 years ago do not!!It was so refreshing to leave a school filled with so much anger and anmosity with all ! The grass is truley greener on the other side!!!

Last modified St Anselm Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8