Dearborn Heights, MI

Hillcrest Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2011
Kids get rated and are informally tier into two groups, second group has questionable educators. Of the three years my son was enrolled two of the teacher attended part time. The first took time off to continue her education during the day while she was supposed to be teaching. The principal called it a special program (two days a week?) She should have been part time. Get your masters on your own time like the rest of us! The second and worst teacher bounced around the district and landed here for a year. Between being out sick she would also be on a special program. She was not attentive to children and we couldn t get any real understanding of what the expectation and assignments were. My wife has asked to volunteer a couple of time and the teacher would never set a date for her to help. The Principal make excuse about absent teacher issue and she has nothing to say. It has been two years now since we pull our son out of this school and have never been happier he is starting to excel and is becoming a leader in his class despite what his former elementary teacher has said!

Hillcrest Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2010
My daughter is in the third grade and currently enrolled at Hillcrest as part of the CAP (Crestwood Accelerated Program) . She has a wonderful teacher who (in my opinion) is wholly committed to happiness and success of her students. My daughter loves attending school at Hillcrest, and has LOVED every teacher she has had thus far. In our experience, the principle is quick to resolve any issues with a fair but no-nonsense approach, that as a parent, I totally appreciate! I couldn't feel more confident about my childs' well being and safety when sending her off to school in the morning!!! Also, they have a wonderful parent group (PACT) that is constantly providing new programs and events to offer ways to further enhance the kids school experience, as well as organizing interesting fund-raising events for the school.

Hillcrest Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2005
Apryl's mom here again, I also did forget to mention the great before and after day care programs at this school, they are very organized, nice, and always greet the children, we will miss this school by far,to those entering this school you will be pleased.

Hillcrest Elementary School
7500 North Vernon Street, Dearborn Heights, MI  48127
Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top