Dearborn Heights, MI
Students enrolled: 1,049

Riverside Middle School 2

Posted October 31, 2013
-Staff unprofessional and uncaring,some are rude! -Bullies everywhere and out of hand and staff does not do much about it -Courses and materials does not yield in the advancement of the students I feel like the student takes the same thing for two years. I have two children in Riverside and they come home with mispelled work, wrong work, missing work and I later find out that the teacher looked over them!! This happens all the time!!

Riverside Middle School 5

Posted September 05, 2013
riverside is a very good school. I loved it. the diversity is amazing, and the students make you feel welcomed. the teachers are excellent. they have this program called student to student., it is when a student helps a special education student. the special education students understand the students more than the teachers because they pick well students who are able to help and motivate the student to learn. the teachers are very good and teach well.

Riverside Middle School 2

Posted December 17, 2012
this is very good school to go to although bullies are very much out of hand you will do good class wise but to make friends and get to know anyone is a constant struggle do to the ignorance!

Posted April 17, 2012
Riverside Middle School is a D rated school. The staff are not held accountable and seem unmotivated, the principal is not an effective leader and makes excuses, and parent volunteers are not encouraged nor welcomed. I am an involved parent with high expectations of my children first, staff second. I've tried to be communicative with my child's teachers and have gotten resistance & even attitude. I've had issues with teachers marking assignments as missing, however the assignment would have a red check mark across the top. The few times I've come into the office, I was not greeted warmly. I've offered to volunteer on my few days off, and no one seemed eager to find anything for me. I don't take it personally, because the staff doesn't know me; it's pretty much the culture of the school. Dry, cold, and unfriendly. I've expressed concerns to the principal regarding my child possibly needing help in areas of reading/writing and he stated all the kids are struggling at the school and that's something they're trying to work on. Well, I can only speak for my child, not an entire school. I'm disappointed with Riverside and have ALREADY paid the full tuition for private school this fall.

Riverside Middle School 5

Posted November 01, 2011
This school is AMAZING! Coming to this school as a 5th grader you are really welcomed into the wonderful atmosphere. The teachers there actually cafe for you opinion and do not discriminate. Academicly this school suceeds in giving advanced clases and remedial classes for those who need it. The princepal there is strong, strict, but has an approchable side. He will take care of the students and will do anything to protect them. This school is a multiracial school, it has a varity of Arabs, Whites, Africans and Asians! Letting your child go to this school gives them an advanage in life and in education!

Riverside Middle School 3

Posted March 20, 2011
So far so good. I was extremely worried to place my child in this school but there was a change of principal this year, to the best. He is tough but I want tough, kids these days are hard to deal with. Academics seem right on spot but kids could use more homework at home. True that kids correct tests and homework sometimes and that can be not a good thing for mediocre students but it is a good lesson if not abused. Parents involvement is low. I guess the grade of 5 should be improved...maybe next year.

Riverside Middle School 4

Posted November 27, 2010
I went to this school from 5th-8th grade, and it wasn't that bad. Like all schools, there are always those few teachers that no one likes, but there were a lot of nice ones too. Also, that person was right about lost assignments. They do seem to do that a lot. But all in all, this was a good school and i have a lot of good and fun memories from it. Each year there is a class field trip for each grade and they are very fun. I enjoyed going here.

Posted November 03, 2010
As a former student of this school, I have mixed feelings about Riverside. While the atmosphere and a few of the teachers were great, many of the teachers were very rude, never gave after-school help, and on many cases - went through student's belongings. I personally had a notebook taken from me and went through by one of the teachers, without reason. She highlighted anything she found unsatisfactory, and threatened to search the rest of my things. We also had teachers search through our bags and purses during "bomb scares." Students were forced to go out and purchase clear backpacks or carry all of their belongings by hand. I would never send my child to this school.

Posted January 07, 2010

Riverside Middle School 3

Posted April 17, 2009
This school is nice but has harsh teachers. For example they seem to lose assiments and dont give one on one time with the student, out of that it is a pretty nice school.

Riverside Middle School
25900 West Warren Street, Dearborn Heights, MI  48127
Last modified Riverside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top