PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 02, 2014
My children have attended St. Linus since kindergarten, and we couldn't be happier. My children are greeted by name and my daughter runs into school to hug her teacher every morning. The middle school teachers stay after school several times a week FOR FREE to help with homework. Teachers are also available at seven in the morning for homework/tutoring. The teachers and staff go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that all kids are learning. This school has become our second family. As a working mom, i love kniwing that my kids are being so well taken care of when they are away from me. The staff is incredibly dedicated and their love for students is obvious. I highly recommend St. Linus.

St. Linus School 2

Posted January 20, 2014
There are hardly any boys that attend this school. 20 girls, 5 boys in one class. Very clicky with the parents, and the kids. Its was my childs second year there, and one parent thought we were newly enrolled. I replied it was our 2nd year, and I have been @ many of the social functions, as well As attended mass. Mind you, I' ve seen this person many times. You are basically tranparent to most of the people there. We have never felt welcomed. If you don't fall in line with the stay at home mom approach, most moms won't Even talk to you. We will finish this year out, and look else where for our childs education. A real disappointment.

St. Linus School 3

Posted June 12, 2013
Everyone's heard the saying, 'one bad apple spoils the bunch', well this is truly the case with St. Linus. The 7th gr teacher is in the wrong field and clearly has no idea the impression & influence she has on her students. She throws temper tantrums in front of the class when upset (throwing things, slamming books), calls the class names, (example: "you guys are a bunch of 'derelicts' and if you don't know what it means, look it up"), and clearly goes out of her way to be petty. She called my child a "heathen" because during a lesson the word came up (my daughter happens to be the only non catholic student in the class). She said it several times and even in front of another teacher and laughed about it. The problem you have with small schools can sometimes be less professionalism and accountability; which I expected upon enrollment. However, I never expected anything of this nature. On to the positive...the tuition is low, everyone else was pleasant, I loved the afterschool program. My daughter has a bubbly personality and sweet spirit, so thank GOD she was not affected by her belittling teacher. I'm glad we're leaving the state next month. It's true, you get what you pay for.

Posted December 13, 2012
I attended this school for grade school and now my daughter is in the 3 year old preschool program. Ms. Cathy & Ms. Debbie are AMAZING with the kids. They work daily on projects, learning to write, learning their letters and numbers, ect. They also give them so many unique experiences by bringing different animals into the classroom along with other great educational and amazing things for them to observe that are so unique. This program absolutely exceeds my expectations. They also have a small class size which is so important and it's a great price as well. I could never recommend this program enough.

Posted December 06, 2011
We are very happy that we are sending our two children to StLinus. Our oldest did attend a public school and we pulled him after the 2nd grade. The 3rd grade teacher at StLinus worked with him now he is in the 5th grade and really starting to excel. Our second child started in kindergarten and his education has been great. When we had the 1st parent teacher conferences with Mr.Dorey it was as if he know our son for years. He spoke of details that showed me that he really cares about his students. The school pushes reading early and with my youngest it really shows. The school does both Iowa and MEAP testing; I really like the transparence with the MEAP testing not all private schools stay current or follow MEAP. Socially both kids are getting along well with their classmates both with older and younger kids. However my oldest who is a little bit quieter did take the first year to adjust to the school. The 3rd grade teacher Mrs.Rivard was the right teacher for his transition. My son is now in CYO sports and the coaches seem to be an extension of their education by keeping the kids disciplined. The school has a lot to offer and my kids couldn t be happier.

Posted October 06, 2009
The ratio of students to teacher is by far above state standards and is conducive for an above average education! The ratio of students to teacher is spectacular!

Posted October 03, 2009
My grandson goes there and gets a terrific education

St. Linus School 3

Posted August 31, 2009
I sent my daughter to St Linus for kinderg. I needed an all day program and planned on sending her to another school the following year. I should have never let the staff there know that. Her male teacher was fabulous, but the principal, office staff and most of the parents were rude and cliquish If you are not planning on staying or belong to the parish, I would try another school.

Posted June 02, 2008
My daughter is finishing her 3rd year with St.Linus.Starting in pre school and now finishing K.I love our family orientated environment that we strive for at our school.The teachers are very are top quality in educating our children in academics,as well as manners,and religion,I work as many hours of over time that I can to keep my daughter in this private school because of its individual ,one on one ,expierience that they offer at St.Linus .The parental involvment get's better every year.The more Parents involvement the better for our school.Personally I feel there is no other school I would want my daughter to attend .She is very well protected and VERY well educated.

Posted May 21, 2007
My son Jacob is in the pre-K. I know that this is the best school. They have done so many activities its unbelievable. The teachers are great with the students and with the parents. I will say, if anyone is still considering this school, go for it! You will not be sorry! Its number #1 all the way!

6466 North Evangeline Street, Dearborn Heights, MI  48127