Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Bedford School 1

Posted January 06, 2016
I can't stand this school. My daughter went here for Kindergarten & 1st grade. I will say her 1st grade teacher was good. I did like her. She gave out just enough amount of homework that I thought was appropriate for a 1st grader. She is missed. She is the only person that is missed in this school by us. I truly cannot stand the principle & her Kindergarten teacher. That teacher had a serious problem handling her students. She does not need to be in this profession. She treats them more as soldiers than children. The behavior program that I believe a lot of districts use I do believe is understandable. But my gosh! Every month my daughter was not allowed to go to a PBS party due to her card being flipped too much. Now I'm not saying my daughter is perfect.-no kid is! But I seriously do not believe that my daughter is this bad either. This teacher seemed to flip a child's card for the smallest things. It was absolutely ridiculous. First of all, they are kindergarteners. For a lot of them it was the first yr of being in school all day long. SI I think she needed more patience. She never seemed to have any. I had heard many stories from other parents on her teaching & was told she had 10 kids she was failing. So a few of us mothers were discussing it & one of the mothers went back to the teacher & told her what I said only.-not what she or the other mothers said. This mother was one of those mothers that was constantly up at the school volunteering in the class.-basically an adult teacher's pet. So the teacher ran to the principle & cried to him about all of this. And the next thing I know is I'm getting a phone call from the principle being asked to come in his office for a discussion. So I go in there & basically I'm being talked down to like a child. First of all, I'm an adult. I am not a student here. Do not summons me to your office. I have a lot more to say but I can't say it all.

Posted September 25, 2015
I have a 1st grader here..She loves it & so far i am pleased with this school.

Bedford School 2

Posted February 12, 2013
Our child started K here w/ a fantastic teacher who went aboe and beyond ((Mrs D.) but Ms. D went to 5th grade this year and the teacher she has now in 2nd grade (Ms H-K) has all but destroyed her education. She is terrified of her and dreads learning now - except at home. We are pulling her and going to a better school who follows through on conference recommendations and doesnt feel so overwhelmed as this teacher seems to be. Also, ive had to break up fights outside while the teachers watched after school was out!

Posted August 26, 2008
Bedford is a great school my child attened 5 yrs and loved everything about it. I do think they should have more after school programs i know there would be alot of support for them

Posted March 27, 2008
I think that Bedford over time is a really nice school. However since they are an open doors or school of choice I think that they need to refelct that by opening their doors to tearchers that are as diverse culturally as their students. I believe that their staff is either woman or caucasion. Their are so many diverse children that attend this school and I worry that they will not be embraced as they should if only one group of teachers is represented. I am accuratley speaking as a former student in a similar setting during elementary school.

Posted April 26, 2006
Hello all, I am a former permanent substitute/student teacher of Bedford Elementary. Additionally, I had three students that attended the school. I can't speak enough about the great education that my children received while attending this school. We changed schools because two of my children graduated and because we moved. My children had no problem transitioning (academically) to their new school due to the high quality academic programs there. I personally received great mentoring from the teachers and secretary (who is absolutely wonderful!), which has positively impacted my current teaching.

Bedford School 5

Posted January 10, 2006
I have two children who attend Bedford. This is our first year and my girls love the school and the teaching staff. My children attended two other schools before Bedford in search of a place that would challenge them and take care of their gifted abilities without pushing them aside. Bedford is the first school to do that. I could not be more pleased. A special thanks to Mrs. Leblanc for seeing the potential in my daughter, and to Mrs. Nichols for seeing it through to where it is today. I cannot express my gratitude enough! We all love Bedford thanks to the wonderful and caring staff. Anyone looking for a A+ school should come to Bedford Elementary. Go Bears!

Posted August 22, 2005
I too have a child at Bedford I cannot say enough about how well the staff and students adjusted to the TWO principals that were there in '04-'05. One was a former district teacher; the other was a retired principal from a local and much larger district. They were both wonderful! The school had interim principals because the previous principal took another position right before the new year began! While many schools go through teachers like water, Bedford has had a steady and well-respected group in place for many years now. They work together amazingly well and it shows - they have higher MEAP scores than nearby schools and more support staff than any other I know of! Children who are struggling receive a huge amount of individualized attention and care. My child and her friends love it there. Overall, a friendly staff who does a stellar job!

Bedford School 2

Posted June 10, 2005
Basing this opinion on the 2004-2005 school year, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with this school. This school has gone through three principals this school year, each one getting worse. The last principal was not interested in helping my child when her teacher was bullying her even though I had proof of this and witnesses. The lack of her teacher involvement communicating with the parents was horrible! Lesson plans are forced onto children despite if you have parental objections or not. This school lacks buses and the parking is awful and unsafe for kids. Not wanting to leave this review on a sour note; I will say the technology is current and the secretary is very sweet and helpful. Thank you.

Bedford School