Dearborn Heights, MI

Bedford School 2

Posted February 12, 2013
Our child started K here w/ a fantastic teacher who went aboe and beyond ((Mrs D.) but Ms. D went to 5th grade this year and the teacher she has now in 2nd grade (Ms H-K) has all but destroyed her education. She is terrified of her and dreads learning now - except at home. We are pulling her and going to a better school who follows through on conference recommendations and doesnt feel so overwhelmed as this teacher seems to be. Also, ive had to break up fights outside while the teachers watched after school was out!

Posted August 26, 2008
Bedford is a great school my child attened 5 yrs and loved everything about it. I do think they should have more after school programs i know there would be alot of support for them

Posted March 27, 2008
I think that Bedford over time is a really nice school. However since they are an open doors or school of choice I think that they need to refelct that by opening their doors to tearchers that are as diverse culturally as their students. I believe that their staff is either woman or caucasion. Their are so many diverse children that attend this school and I worry that they will not be embraced as they should if only one group of teachers is represented. I am accuratley speaking as a former student in a similar setting during elementary school.

Bedford School 3

Posted January 06, 2007

Posted April 26, 2006
Hello all, I am a former permanent substitute/student teacher of Bedford Elementary. Additionally, I had three students that attended the school. I can't speak enough about the great education that my children received while attending this school. We changed schools because two of my children graduated and because we moved. My children had no problem transitioning (academically) to their new school due to the high quality academic programs there. I personally received great mentoring from the teachers and secretary (who is absolutely wonderful!), which has positively impacted my current teaching.

Bedford School 5

Posted January 10, 2006
I have two children who attend Bedford. This is our first year and my girls love the school and the teaching staff. My children attended two other schools before Bedford in search of a place that would challenge them and take care of their gifted abilities without pushing them aside. Bedford is the first school to do that. I could not be more pleased. A special thanks to Mrs. Leblanc for seeing the potential in my daughter, and to Mrs. Nichols for seeing it through to where it is today. I cannot express my gratitude enough! We all love Bedford thanks to the wonderful and caring staff. Anyone looking for a A+ school should come to Bedford Elementary. Go Bears!

Posted August 22, 2005
I too have a child at Bedford I cannot say enough about how well the staff and students adjusted to the TWO principals that were there in '04-'05. One was a former district teacher; the other was a retired principal from a local and much larger district. They were both wonderful! The school had interim principals because the previous principal took another position right before the new year began! While many schools go through teachers like water, Bedford has had a steady and well-respected group in place for many years now. They work together amazingly well and it shows - they have higher MEAP scores than nearby schools and more support staff than any other I know of! Children who are struggling receive a huge amount of individualized attention and care. My child and her friends love it there. Overall, a friendly staff who does a stellar job!

Bedford School 2

Posted June 10, 2005
Basing this opinion on the 2004-2005 school year, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with this school. This school has gone through three principals this school year, each one getting worse. The last principal was not interested in helping my child when her teacher was bullying her even though I had proof of this and witnesses. The lack of her teacher involvement communicating with the parents was horrible! Lesson plans are forced onto children despite if you have parental objections or not. This school lacks buses and the parking is awful and unsafe for kids. Not wanting to leave this review on a sour note; I will say the technology is current and the secretary is very sweet and helpful. Thank you.

Bedford School