Posted March 15, 2014
Great School! So many opportunities for my kids in this school district! Teachers and administration are amazing and truly put the students first and go above and beyond for them! I highly recommend enrolling your kids in this school! You won't regret it!

Posted March 12, 2014
I enrolled my son and daughter at O.W. Best Middle School last year and I have nothing but great things to say about this school! The teachers are beyond amazing and they all do everything in their power to make the students at Best successful and go above and beyond what any teacher in the past has done for my kids. My kids tell me everyday how each and every teacher at Best makes learning fun! Best offers so many things for students to do after school from sports, clubs, and dances to tutoring & open gym. Moving my kids to O.W. Best was honestly the best decision I could have made.

Posted March 10, 2014
I am a student in O.W Best and let me just say o.w. best is the best thing that ever happened to me! There's rarely any drama, the lunch is awesome, and the teachers offer anything to help others to understand. Their sports are so fun they give us so much! Then the electives are amazing everything's all brand new. Words cannot describe how much I have learned in there. The best thing is that you'll never EVER get judged there you're always treated as an equal! We always do these stop bullying programs and we have peer mediation. Every morning when i wake up I always have a smile on my face when i say time for school!!! (: So I seriously recommend you put your kids in here and you WILL NOT regret it. - A.K. (student at O.W. Best <3

Oakley W. Best Middle School 4

Posted February 22, 2014
The teachers are good and know what they're doing, the school has strict rules which is kind of unbelievable at times, but this is when children experience things, so in my opinion it's good to have the rules. I think it's a great school all around.

Oakley W. Best Middle School 4

Posted January 20, 2012
I am a student from Best, and I have had I son transfer there from a private school and currently have one in 6th grade. I have nothing bad to say about Best. Heck, some of the teachers that are there are students that my wife and I went to school with. Most of the stuff that happens in Best, comes down to what is happening in the home. My kids are taught to respect others, we are an open talk family that no matter what we will talk about anything. Also, when it comes to parenting I become a drill instructor when I have to.

Oakley W. Best Middle School 1

Posted January 19, 2012
This school has a policy of no fighting and is quick to suspend, but has no anti bullying policy which would help prevent the fights that seem to be a daily occurance. My child was only at this school for 3 months and was harrassed by other students on a daily basis. When she reached out for help from the principle, she was told to get out of the office and threatened to be suspended if she returned with "her drama". I find it quite disturbing that my child has never showed or been involved in these behavioral problems at any other schools she has attended.

Oakley W. Best Middle School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
I am a parent and would not recommend sending you kid here. The school principal is a bully himself, his fundamental belief seems to be that pushing kids around is how to improve their academics. The school is so focused on discipline that the will call the parents because a kid ran to lunch but will not contact you if the kid if failing academically. We don't care if you kid passes, only if they follow every rule we have seems to be their Motto

Posted October 14, 2010
OW Best has the best Principal, Vice Principal and awesome teachers. It is a good learning environment with diversity of students. The school is well organized down to the principal making sure no kids are hurt when being picked up from school. I can't say enough good things about this school and the entire staff.

Oakley W. Best Middle School 2

Posted May 12, 2010
My student has been there for 3 years and currently I would not reccomend sending your child there because the school is not focused on the learning as much as it is focused on the discipline. Also there is way to many drug problems. so far this year their has been at least 5 incidents where a student has brung grugs to school and at least 3 when students have brung alcohol. Also the school does have some race problems because some of the teachers do discriminate.

Oakley W. Best Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
If you ask me, the school's primary focus is not academics, but behavior. They spend too much time taking from the good kids and making incentives for the bad kids to behave themselves. The problem, however, is that they lack discipline. Basically, sports and behavior plans for bad students come before academics and art and music programs. The teachers are great, but the school is not run very well because they have no bullying policy, and they let the kids get too out of control. I am an eighth grader there, and watching my peers take advantage of their lenience is completely disgusting,

Oakley W. Best Middle School
22201 Powers Avenue, Dearborn Heights, MI  48125
Last modified Oakley W. Best Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakley W. Best Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top