Dearborn Heights, MI
Before care: Yes

Annapolis High School 3

Posted November 24, 2014
I graduated from Annapolis in 2013, and it was a bitter sweet experience. I enjoyed all the teachers and the extra curricular activities (Student Council, Quiz Bowl, Drama Club and French Club) were fun and were a great way for me to meet new people. The only thing I wish were different were more AP classes offered. It was offered to take AP classes at Crestwood High School, but I did not have a car so I was unable to do that and was stuck taking AP English (which was at Annapolis) and that was it. Also, I do not feel that Annapolis prepared me for College. I am currently enrolled at Eastern Michigan University, and my first semester was rough and I had no idea what I was doing. To conclude, Annapolis is a great school to get know other students and be involved with after school activities. The teachers care about the students progression but there is a lack the resources to better prepare their students for life after high school. To reiderrate, the main issue I had with Annapolis is that AP classes (other than AP English) is only offered to students with vehicles due to the classes being held at a different high school.

Posted April 11, 2014
As a student, I can honestly say that Annapolis is one of the best schools around. We have great music & art programs, our business and classes to help you with life are really helpful and worthwhile. The curriculum is really good too. The history classes are really interesting, along with the English. There's AP classes in multiple subjects. Not only does the school offer all of that, but the teacher's and staff are some of the coolest, most helpful people I've been around. They care about you as an individual, where you're going in life, and if you're going to make it. The school is honestly the best & I hope it stays that way for another 50 years.

Posted April 09, 2014
Before I enrolled my kids in District #7 in 2010 their grades were poor. They came to the district and arisen academically, both of my kids were in NJHS, which at their old school this was not even an option. After attending OW Best, they went to Annapolis and got Silver & Gold Honor Roll each trimester. The teachers are very supportive, are good with one on one time, and actually care about the grades. I'm glad to say that my children are going to the district that I attended and excelled in. I love Annapolis & it forever has a good reputation in my book.

Annapolis High School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
This school is honestly the best, the staff tries so hard to help the students learn, as long as the students try & learn themselves and that's what I love.

Posted June 08, 2013
I am currently attending Annapolis High School. When I first came to the school, due to outside issues, my grades were not the best. The staff thankfully understood and helped me, if I needed it. As of now, I am on the Honors track, in programs, and, in my opinion, I am successful. The teachers are very caring, and they wish for the best for their students. Some students (not including myself) find that some of the teachers grade on a harder level, but they only wish to prepare their students for what lies ahead of them. The school dress code is a bit extreme, but it is well manageable by students willing to listen. The principal is more than willing to help, should a problem occur. The activities that the school runs is quite impressive and appreciated. The only flaws that can be seen as a problem are the strictness of the dress code and the students who are unwilling to put in their full effort.

Posted June 02, 2013
This school is horrible. The teachers only care about getting paid and themselves. As a student at AHS I struggled, I was always asking for help from the teachers but they would never help. They would say look it up in your book or ask a student. I would ask to come before school or skip lunch for extra help but they would say they were busy. when I would go late to practice after school to get help they always rushed me out of the classroom and barley helped me. I would stay up past midnight struggling with homework almost every night. I had friends who were scared to go to school because of the way they were treated by other students The students had to do everything on their own. We helped each other learn and stood up for the students that were getting picked on by others. We knew we couldn't depend on staff and teachers who would just stand around and watch kids be bullied. I ended up transferring schools in the middle of my junior year. I was sad to leave all my friends but excited to get out of that school. If you are thinking of placing your child in Annapolis I strongly advise you to do otherwise nothing good will come of it.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have had the horrific experience to have to talk with Mr. Brown. I have only talked to him a couple times about my child at Annapolis High on a couple different occasions.. Mr Brown would not let me even speak or finish my sentence. He is very unprofessional. He defended the teachers before I could even finish my sentence, He is only for the teachers and not the kids, I had to ask him nicely can I please finish, I was not done talking. He again interrupted me and said WELL I AM NOT FINISHED TALKING, when he was not even talking at the time. UNBELIEVABLE, CHILDISH, AND SAD! Mr. Brown must have been socially unaccepted as a child or a teen, they tend to be bullies as adults and Mr. Brown is definitely a adult bully. He should be another profession, and not working with children. And my child is in fear of me asking for a meeting knowing after we leave she will be singled out by Mr. brown and Ms. Pat. NO CHILD SHOULD FEEL LIKE THAT PERIOD!!! Mr. Brown should be ashamed of himself but bullies usually have little self confidence so they tend to take it out on the kids. Annapolis staff especially Mr. Brown treats all kids guilty by association, just because they are a child. sick

Posted October 13, 2010
Great school for those students that are disadvantage, prides itself with an excellent academic curriculum and overall great teacher involovement regarding the students work performance standards.

Posted June 01, 2010
I would not recommend this school if your child has any disabilities or mental illness as they will do more harm than good for the child. Also, they do not want these types of children in their school-they only want perfect little angels. They make it very difficult on the parent, too, are very judgmental, and even cruel if you are a Christian. It has been impossible for me to get any cooperation from these people.

Annapolis High School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I have a niece that goes to this school as I have went to this district many years ago. I am concern with the education and policies that the district has set forth for children in the education. I thought that the policies for dress code, absentees, and cheating was not allowed however, It has. I did not know that you can mis most of the year and still pass on the next grade. I also did not know that we as parents can do our childrens work and they get the credit for it. I did not know that your child can dress without a dress code in place. I have thought highly of the school district until my niece can not spell, missed half of the year of school because she don't like school, and time and time again getting her to do her own work instead of her

Annapolis High School
4650 Clippert Street, Dearborn Heights, MI  48125
Last modified Annapolis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Annapolis High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top