Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

They focus on minor things, and forget the main goal of schools. Their teachers are below average but their office staff and administration are terrible. I won't recommend it,

I'm a student at TDA and I love it the kids are very nice and smart 2 in particular are extraordinary. The teachers are great they even stay after school to help those who are struggling, I am very happy with the decisions they make like fireing a unhelpful teacher which many students didn't like. Overall the school is great and the teachers are awesome consider yourself lucky to have found this school in 2015 or even later because I'm sure it will improve later in the future.

The schools has new changes introduced to its functional activities and this makes it look good to the community. More programs, like sports, have been introduced and the students enjoy attending. Go Dolphins!

I dislike one of the middle school teacher , I'm not a fan of her because she has her favorites, its not fair to the students.

My 3 kids go here, I love the ethnicity factor. A+ on that. Most teachers are great however there are bad apples that do not belong! My son was doing great until middle school, he is special needs and had issues with bullying and was even called a lost dog by a teacher! Unbelievable. I want to pull my kids out but worry they won't do will in a larger school.... I don't blame the principle and office workers for the mishap with the bullying teacher, I'm one to focus in weeding out the bad apples (teachers) so a Huge turn over doesn't bother me as long as they keep working to get it right!

I love this school, family based, small and friendly- staff is great hardworking and care! I have 3 kids that go here and do exceptional! Just wish we didn't have to but their uniform shirts :-(

I am a student who attended TDA for 3 years 6-8. Even though its a small school there are many talented students. The teachers are like the students best friends they are very caring and push you to the fullest. Teachers also stay after school for those who need help which is very helpful. The staff is very organized. I seen some reviews and was disappointed, BUT notice the years those reviews were written today is August 31st 2013. TDA has improved alot over the years. I would gladly recommend this school to anyone a friend relative the neighbors. The teachers and staff work very hard to see these students improve and go all the way out just to see them succeed. Not one year I have had in TDA that I don't regret. One Wish I do have is that they make a high school.

they discriminate against kids with special needs the teachers are extremely rude when speaking with the students

Fabulous Staff, Teachers, Administration and children. They are always working on improvements, and I feel they really care.

Last modified The Dearborn Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.