Public charter
Dearborn, MI

West Village Academy
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 27, 2015
I believe this school practices diversity amongst faculty and student body. They believe in treating each student the same regardless of race,gender,etc.

West Village Academy 5

Posted July 27, 2015
I feel the staff take interest in motivating the students to exceed expectations. One issue I have though is with the prices they charge for various activities and what is charged for students breakfasts and lunches.

Posted October 20, 2014
My daughter has gone to this school since kindergarten and now she's in the 4th grade. I love this school. Yes they are strict on uniform policy but it is for good reasons. If every child is wearing the same thing that is less chance for children to be bullied about there clothing. This school is huge on education that's why they changed the classes to be more focused on the education of the student. Ms. White is the most caring principal I know. So for someone to come on here and talk down about WVA is not cool because this school strives to do everything they can for the student's education. My daughter and I love WVA.
2 people found this helpful

West Village Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2014
I would like to say that if you are not a quick learn than it is not for you. I have to constantly pop up or call. My son has been there since Kindergarten and I can say this is his last year. I live in Wayne Westland district now and he has to catch up. I have to pay for outside tutoring so he can try to keep up. Please don't send your children here.

West Village Academy 5

Posted February 23, 2014
I've been here for years! Seen lots of good kids graduate and become successful! It's small and staff works well... I heart WVA!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2013
My oldest son attended this school from K-8. The entire staff is wonderful! The afterschool program/staff is awesome! Parents should get more involved in their child or children's education within the school ie: volunteering at the school, attending parent teacher conferences, PIC meetings, etc.. As a parent, it is one of my top priorities to be involved in both of my sons' schools & the relationships I've developed with the staff & other parents is great. I have a 4th grader attending WVA & look forward to sending my youngest son here next year for Kindergarten. Keep up the good work staff & parents! TOGETHER, we can make WVA an even better school! ~ Mrs. Robinson, VP, PIC Committee 2013-2014 #GottaLoveThoseWildcats!

West Village Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2013
My son has attended WVA since 2ng grade and at first the school and the staff were all wonderful. I dont know what happened between 2nd and 5th, but somewhere in between this school lost its compassion, great teachers left leaving my son with 2 subs and finally a teacher. Now dont get me wrong there are some faculty that has been there for a long time who still care but as for the new teachers and staff they are horrible. My son is not perfect but it seems as if the kids who they did not want to put up with got expelled for silly reasons etc. Also the after school program for tutoring is NOT helpful at all. They rarely work on things that help them and its more of a babysitter program. I fell in Love with this school from the beginning and now I feel as though its going down hill. My son is going to the 6th and he will not be returning to WVA.

West Village Academy 1

Posted May 08, 2013
This school is terrible. It use to be a really nice, I been there since kindergarten, but now the students are out of control. There are so many fights everyday in the middle school. The teachers are really good but the students are terrible. I would not recommend your kid to go to this school.

West Village Academy 2

Posted September 18, 2012
This school is over bearing ! Do not send any child under 3 rd grade their .Ive had the worst experience , The staff does not like you to check on your child you almost wonder what are they hiding?This school is for older kids that can take care of themselves! Do not send any little people there! Save yourself the stress parents!

Posted August 28, 2012
This is my son's 2nd year at WVA, & I love it! The teachers are wonderful, caring and educated in their fields. The administration is great! Any problems, concerns or issues are addressed and everyone is like Family!!! My son comes home happy everyday and hardly has anything bad to say. Congratulations on all the improvements & I look forward to another great year at WVA.

West Village Academy
3530 Westwood Street, Dearborn, MI  48124
Last modified West Village Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Village Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top