Public charter
Dearborn, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
My daughter has gone to this school since kindergarten and now she's in the 4th grade. I love this school. Yes they are strict on uniform policy but it is for good reasons. If every child is wearing the same thing that is less chance for children to be bullied about there clothing. This school is huge on education that's why they changed the classes to be more focused on the education of the student. Ms. White is the most caring principal I know. So for someone to come on here and talk down about WVA is not cool because this school strives to do everything they can for the student's education. My daughter and I love WVA.

West Village Academy 5

Posted February 23, 2014
I've been here for years! Seen lots of good kids graduate and become successful! It's small and staff works well... I heart WVA!

Posted September 10, 2013
My oldest son attended this school from K-8. The entire staff is wonderful! The afterschool program/staff is awesome! Parents should get more involved in their child or children's education within the school ie: volunteering at the school, attending parent teacher conferences, PIC meetings, etc.. As a parent, it is one of my top priorities to be involved in both of my sons' schools & the relationships I've developed with the staff & other parents is great. I have a 4th grader attending WVA & look forward to sending my youngest son here next year for Kindergarten. Keep up the good work staff & parents! TOGETHER, we can make WVA an even better school! ~ Mrs. Robinson, VP, PIC Committee 2013-2014 #GottaLoveThoseWildcats!

West Village Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2013
My son has attended WVA since 2ng grade and at first the school and the staff were all wonderful. I dont know what happened between 2nd and 5th, but somewhere in between this school lost its compassion, great teachers left leaving my son with 2 subs and finally a teacher. Now dont get me wrong there are some faculty that has been there for a long time who still care but as for the new teachers and staff they are horrible. My son is not perfect but it seems as if the kids who they did not want to put up with got expelled for silly reasons etc. Also the after school program for tutoring is NOT helpful at all. They rarely work on things that help them and its more of a babysitter program. I fell in Love with this school from the beginning and now I feel as though its going down hill. My son is going to the 6th and he will not be returning to WVA.

Posted May 08, 2013
This school is terrible. It use to be a really nice, I been there since kindergarten, but now the students are out of control. There are so many fights everyday in the middle school. The teachers are really good but the students are terrible. I would not recommend your kid to go to this school.

West Village Academy 2

Posted September 18, 2012
This school is over bearing ! Do not send any child under 3 rd grade their .Ive had the worst experience , The staff does not like you to check on your child you almost wonder what are they hiding?This school is for older kids that can take care of themselves! Do not send any little people there! Save yourself the stress parents!

Posted August 28, 2012
This is my son's 2nd year at WVA, & I love it! The teachers are wonderful, caring and educated in their fields. The administration is great! Any problems, concerns or issues are addressed and everyone is like Family!!! My son comes home happy everyday and hardly has anything bad to say. Congratulations on all the improvements & I look forward to another great year at WVA.

Posted August 09, 2012
my daughter went to school here for two years and I have to say that she fell behind during her time here. When ever she turned in projects i would'nt know her grade on them. Once she turned in a research paper and it was returned to her without a grade. I took it up to the school and asked what the grade was and the principle had to call the teacher. His response was if there was no grade on it then it was a 100%. I know for a fact that there were some grammer errors and missing punctuation marks. There was no feed back on the paper. When I spoke to her teachers in regards to her grades and missing assignments, I was told that she wasn't missing anything or failing any classes, but when I got her report card days later. She was failing a class and missing assignments. I'm not sure what is going on at this school, but I do know that there needs to be a major improvement at this school.

West Village Academy 5

Posted June 07, 2012
The sentence was incorrect. Mrs Willus not only taught my son,but she taught him how to be responsible for his own education. To not depend on his parents but himself. She made him accountable with no excuses. Thanks Mrs.Tarver

Posted July 06, 2011
This school prepare your children for nothing. I am so glad my mother took me out in 7th grade and enrolled me in a public school. Now that I have graduated high school & off to college, I'm happy I have the chance to rate this school from a couple years back. I have witnessed myself a teacher choking a child in the classroom. The students are undisciplined. I remember a couple of students in the morning class started throwing shoes at each other. I suspect nothing has changed due to some comments i have already read. Oh and by the way, when my mom moved me to a public school i was very much behind the other kids and had to work extra. WORST SCHOOL EVER.

West Village Academy
3530 Westwood Street, Dearborn, MI  48124
Last modified West Village Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Village Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top