Dearborn, MI
Before care: Yes

Divine Child High School 2

Posted October 27, 2014
Interesting! I wrote a negative review of the school earlier this year and surprisingly it has disappeared. I guess someone flagged it because they didn't like the truth about Divine Child and how horrible it can be for most stuedents. It makes me wonder how many other negative reviews have been deleted.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 26, 2014
Wow...the two negative reviews from 2014 are way off base and sound like someone with a grudge! My daughter is just finishing her freshmen year at DCHS and she LOVES it. We are far from wealthy, she isn't in any of the popular cliques, and she is involved in sports without us having to donate anything. She had been going to DC since 1st grade and the education is current and top notch. They are even implementing iPads next year. The environment at DC is exactly what we wanted for our daughter. This is a college prep school and can be tough at times. My older two children went to Crestwood high school. HUGE difference in atmosphere and the care the administration gives the kids. Do yourself a favor if you're considering this high school, talk to several parents of the students who go here. I can you from experience that DCHS far outweighs our area public high school. The negative reviews sound like someone with an agenda.

Posted April 26, 2014
I stumbled upon these reviews when searching DC for another purpose and felt I needed to weigh in. I attended DC for high school and enjoyed every minute of it. I never found that there were many (if any) cliques. Academically, I felt challenged and found that I could tailor my classes and extracurriculars to my interests. I found that generally anyone who was dissatisfied with their experience were people who either wanted to be spoon fed an education, or felt their money entitled them to good grades. The school is challenging and will prepare your children for college. My siblings and I all grauated from DC and now all have advanced degrees from some of the most prestigius universities in the country. Athletically, they try to field the best team possible, which by definition will exclude some students. DC is rigorous, while extremely supportive, and they will prepare your children for success all with a basis in Catholic teachings.!

Posted March 12, 2014
I graduated from DC, along with my brother and sister. I received a wonderful education there and would probably send my kids there when they are old enough. I was well-prepared for college (and far ahead of most of my college peers). The school is small enough that everyone in your class (and the classes above and below you) will know who you are. Obviously, that can be a plus or a minus depending on the particular student. I find the comments about sports being political by some reviewers odd -- are you sending a child to a school for an education or to play sports? And is it bad that the school picks the best athletes for a particular team?

Divine Child High School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
One word: horrible. Very out-dated curriculum that doesn't help students seek actual knowledge, no learning is provided through this lacking curriculum. Students are basically supposed to memories things by wrote and no hands-on or any beneficial teaching methods are used. Teachers play favorites, administration plays favorites. Disciplinary system is a flat out joke, it all depends on who your family is. Teachers label students and trash them and tarnish their reputation with other teachers. If one teacher has a problem with a student, all the teachers do and they hold the student accountable for that reputation they have.. but who gave them that reputation?The teachers try & make the school life like a soap opera or a reality show and continually gossip about students at the teachers lunch table.. Which is in the middle of the cafeteria, everyone's hears it. Most sports are jokes and whether or not you make the team is determined by who your family is and how much money you donate. The student body is very sneaky and superficial, everybody copies one another. Really not a good environment to put yourself or your child in unless you enjoy being miserable and labeled.

Divine Child High School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
I really do hate it here but I don't know where else to go so

Posted August 17, 2013
All three of my children attended and graduated from DC. All three were accepted at one of the top public universities in the State of Michigan. Each child had different strengths and needs, and the faculty and staff nurtured and encouraged each of to excel. The discipline and Catholic teaching were also important factor and DC was able to provide a safe, stable and academically challenging environment. Another important aspect is the diversity of clubs, activities and athletics offered at DC. Because there is a relatively small student population, "making the team" is more often the case than having to sit in the bleachers. The athletic department and coaches are an integral part of the overall development and growth of the students from young teens to young adults. DC also stresses parental involvement. This is such an important part of education and the staff and educators recognize and emphasize keeping parents on track.

Divine Child High School 4

Posted March 15, 2011
I highly recommend this school because first of all i am a student and i really think divine child is hard but to be completely honest i think it is better for it to be hard. you need to be challenged in order to learn. this school is a college prep school and trust me it will help you get to college. there are so many counselors that are willing to answer any of the questions you have or any problems you have. the academics and athletics are both great qualities of this school.

Divine Child High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
The atmosphere at Divine Child is creative, spiritual and academically motivated by the wonderful students and faculty.

Divine Child High School 4

Posted August 31, 2010
DC has suited my son well socially and academically....in the two areas where parent connections do not matter. However, we have found that it is EXTREMELY difficult for the parents from outside parishes to break into the DC social scene. The attention by the Administration to athletics is subpar. Many coaches are underqualified and ignorant to proper conditioning and nutritional support for athletes. Unless your child is the "Annointed One," he will struggle in athletics. Late Bloomers (esp. boys), avoid the frustration of pining away on the bench and stick to sports of individual merit like wrestling, CC and tennis. Those sports have excellent coaches and prior DC connections don't matter so everyone gets a fair shake. Academics are very good and will prepare the students well for college. Teachers are very involved and easy to approach. Counseling Staff has been cordial as well. Overall, great school but parents are very

Divine Child High School
1001 North Silvery Lane, Dearborn, MI  48128
(313) 562-1990
Last modified Divine Child High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Divine Child High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top