K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I couldn't agree more. A wonderful community at both the elementary school and the high school level!!

DCES is first and foremost a Catholic community of dedicated and caring administrators and staff who, backed by an impressive array of parents and parishioners, promote faith, education and compassion. Our children love the school and are Falcons for life!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Being a Catholic school, these traits are part of the bedrock of our faith. The atmosphere and activities at the school provide ample opportunity to teach and positively enforce these values.

You won't find a more caring community. The teachers and staff live their faith. Parent involvement is great, it's an extension of a strong Catholic parish. Academically DC stands out as a leader in education. The curriculum is current and strong. The teaching staff, in every grade has a wonderful understanding of their students development. I have a child that if gifted and one that struggles they are both doing very well. They are constantly being challenged to succeed. This is a wonderful school, we have been very blessed to be welcomed into the community.

I'm a DC alumni and my son attends this school! I LOVE IT!!! I could not be happier the teachers and principal go way above and behind. My son got extra help all the time. Teachers are amazing and do everything to help the students. Anyone in 6th grade would be lucky to get Mrs.Prevost as a teacher. She is so dedicated to her students and help them with their needs.. Teacher of the year. I would recommend to everyone. Sister Cecil is amazing, so welcoming and help the student feel comfortable there! Love this school. Parents are welcoming too!!

I love Divine Child for many reasons. First of all, if you are considering this school for your child, consider the decision made. This school is such a great environment for you student. I love DC so much. The teachers here are amazing, enouraging and supportive of all students, even the rowdy ones. I was bored in math all year, and my teacher noticed this. The math teacher created and individualized program. Then, at the end of the year, this teacher, while signing my yearbook, spoke to me and said she would recommend to the next math teacher that I would be in advanced math, which actually does not exist in my grade. They are going to make it work for me so I can learn at a better pace and skip the boring stuff! The curriculum is great. There are so many sports and programs you can do. I have won school, district, regional, and state titles through one little competition in the school, so it can obviously take your child quite far. I am very involved within the school and parish. There is NO bullying and NO peanuts! If there is bullying going on, it is nowhere near the school, and if taken to an adult, will be taken care of. http://divinechildelementaryschool.org

I graduated from DCES last year, and I can honestly say that getting out of that school is the best thing that's happened to me. There are literally no words to describe how much I hate this school and everyone in it. The high school is even worse. I'm transferring to Stevenson next year, I can't take it any more.

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!! It's not what it used to be. I HAD 2 children enrolled for a total of 11 yrs and was very involved in the school. The principal and assistant principle don't seem to care anymore. In the last 3-4 yrs, there has been a high "retirement rate" of teachers who were replaced with young college graduates. They "retired" because enough parents complained. You think that would be a good thing but not at DCES. You would expect that bullying would not be tolerated in a Christian school, but their response is that they can't do anything about it. That is what my son heard a school administrator tell a parent whose child was being bullied. It's not just the students that bully either. Yet this is a Catholic school with an anti-bully policy. As for academics, the junior high math dept is laging. The English Dept is another bust. They rarely do lab in science class. Computer and Art are fair at best. Social Studies, Religion and Gym are the best. The others don't teach in a manner that the kids understand. My child and many of his friends failed English and had to take summer school. He learned more from the tutor in 3 months than the teacher all year.

So I hate this school so much. Please don't out your kids through it. The teachers are sooooo lazy. They expect kids to already know everything. They don't want to teach!! They are just there to fill the time. They give no time to study for tests and rigorous tests on nothing they talked about. They don't care about kids. One teacher swore at the class and said shut up. Don't come here beware!!!

The faith formation is outstanding. It is a wonderful, loving faith filled school. We have children in 1st, 3rd and 4th grade. The teachers are great. They work well with children that struggle as well as the gifted. The principle is a wonderful leader and sets a sound Catholic foundation for the school. submitted by parent.

Last modified Divine Child Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8