Dearborn, MI

Posted March 11, 2015
i agree with the many other reviewers. The school is very cliquey. They will do special needs for some students and not others and find excuses on why that is or just out and out lie about it. The school is good in the younger grades but it gets worse. It seems year over year it has gotten more and more unaccommodating.

Posted February 27, 2015
Very Very cliquey. If you are not a member of the clique you are nothing. The Principal and staff are not up to the most recent education trend and standards. They are well behind. If your child doesn't fit into the preconceived are they think they should be in they are labeled as such and offered no additional help. Very poor.

Guardian Lutheran School 2

Posted February 18, 2015
I attended Guardian myself in the 80's and had chose to send mg kids there as well. I really liked in in the younger grades, but once they hit 5th grade its all downhill. The school is very cliquish and hyper focused on sports. If your child isn't involved in sports you are looking on the outside in. Also, if your child as ADD/ADHD this is not the school for you. They do not understand the disability nor do they want to understand. They are not very accommodating. Don't get me wrong, there are a few teachers there that are, but as a whole they don't want to bend.

Posted October 25, 2014
I attended this school in the 70's and it was very cliquish even back then as another poster mentioned. The teachers at that time did seem to care however, the church was another story. Back then my parents gave as much as they could to the church but the church (like many churches are) sent my parents a letter stating that they were not giving enought money to them. That's what they cared about most, getting your money. Snobs were also a problem. Many families that attend(ed) this school and church (one very well known family I won't mention by name) looked down on others and acted as if they were better then everyone else. Bullying was also a BIG problem in the classroom but at that time bullying was just something kids had to deal with themselves. Today the bully would get in big trouble. Few good memories I had attending, I would not recommend it but that's just my hones opinion.

Guardian Lutheran School 5

Posted September 07, 2014
My daughter attended this school from preschool through 8th grade. The school is phenomenal. The teachers are welcoming and caring. My daughter is now attending a parochial high school in the area and tested into honors math and biology. I believe Guardian Lutheran School has prepared her well for high school and beyond!

Posted August 18, 2014
The fact that I took the time to actually sign-up just to write this review should tell you something. Our child went there for one year and halfway through the school year we were already looking for somewhere else to enroll her. Our 2nd grader was coming from a different private school and the curriculum throughout the year at Guardian was basically a review of things she had already learned. She was not academically challenged at all. As a new family, hoping to come into a warm, welcoming, Christian environment, I have to tell you-Ive been in more inviting DMV lines. Frosty, cliquish, rude people. Our daughter even said that chapel was always more like a funeral service. Granted; we come from a pretty charismatic church. Bottom line:nothing outstanding or impressive about this school and for the money-there are a lot of other better options out there. Attendance will start to be affected and only then will they take a step back and review what they can do to make their school a viable option for those of us who want more for our kids: It should be evident to all that a school bares the fruit of a Christ centered education.

Posted August 12, 2014
We chose Guardian, as we wanted our children to be in a environment where they could not just get an education, but grow in Christ. Let me say that from the beginning I have never felt welcomed, nor would I say did it feel like a body of believers :( We will NOT re enroll our children, and have after much prayer and research found that thankfully we live in a very good public school district :) Was greatly disappointed by the way not all are treated the same, as believers this should NEVER be the case. I would not, and do not recommend this school!

Guardian Lutheran School 5

Posted November 07, 2013
Guardian Lutheran School is a really amazing school! I have three children attending this school and find that they are challenged in all their subjects. Being a Christian school, the teachers and staff believe that all children are gifts from God and treat all with love and respect. I would suggest that you call Guardian and meet with the principal (Matthew Dummann) to find out more about the school (he's available all the time, even during the summer months). Then, if you're interested, have your child shadow at the school to see if it is the right fit.

Posted September 13, 2013
Horrible the teachers can't teach, and the curriculum Is behind a couple years. The environment is not at all friendly. 0 Stars If I could

Posted August 03, 2013
This is a horrible school, I hated it. The teachers don't teach properly, therefore when I went into high school I had trouble in classes I already took in middle school. The teachers gossip a lot. Honestly, I would have preferred to go to a public school... IN INKSTER

Guardian Lutheran School
24544 Cherry Hill Street, Dearborn, MI  48124
Last modified Guardian Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Guardian Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top