PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Dearborn Christian School 1

Posted September 02, 2013
I think the closing of this school was justified because there was little to no learning going on. My child did poorly on the MEAP and asked his teacher what was being done to help him improve and she just shrugged her shoulder and said,"Well", No homework ever, even though he was in 5th grade. No worksheets or textbooks either. No makeup work was assigned when school was missed due to illness. Many families left after it was announced that the school was closing. I wished we had too but it was our first year at the school and thought it would be too much change for my child to start all over again.

Posted October 24, 2012
This is our fourth year at Dearborn Christian, and we couldn't be happier. I have two daughters - one in Kindergarten and another in 2nd grade. The Preschool program is what brought us to the school initially, but it was the academic excellence and individualized education mixed with a Christ-centered environment that kept us coming back. My girls are treated like family, and I love knowing they are loved and not just taught.

Posted October 11, 2012
We currently have two of our three children enrolled at Dearborn Christian School; we have a daughter in Kindergarten and a son in Preschool. We are very impressed with the school's approach to nurturing the whole child: academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. All of these elements are essential to raise good and academically sound children in today's challenging social environment. The teachers receive excellent ongoing training and regard each student as a special collection of blessings and challenges rather than a problem or a number. This is a very close knit community of families from all backgrounds. All of us have developed some lifelong friendships at DCS.

Posted October 09, 2012
My son attends the school. It is a great place; love the teachers and other parents. My son is doing very well and enjoying it. I would recommend checking it out to anyone that is looking for a great alternative to Public schooling.

Posted January 24, 2011
My three girls all attended DCS for grades K-8. My wife and I were very happy with the caliber of teachers and students. After graduating from DCS, all three girls went on to the local public high school where they were very successful academically, socially, musically and athletically. We appreciate the fine Christian education the girls received at DCS.

Posted November 23, 2008
This is a wonderful Christian and family friendly school. It is a parent-run school and has pre-school through eighth grade. The smaller class sizes allow the excellent teachers to give students individualized attention, as needed. It is a place to receive a great education and to become part of close-knit, faith-based community!

Posted October 01, 2008
Dearborn Christian has a great curriculum and high standards for education. They have small classrooms with a great student to teacher ratio. It is also parent run with a board elected by parents. Parents can be invovled in their childerens education.

Posted August 26, 2004
With both of our children going through DCS - we have been with the school for 11 years now. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience it has been. Dearborn Christian provides an excellent academic curriculum along with a Christ-centered environment. It offers a sweetly nurturing atmosphere, tempered with Christ's grace. The children know what is socially, morally and biblically right and wrong - through Godly role models, the Word, and daily opportunities to encourage and enlighten them in the ways of the Lord. It provides excellent training and preparation for high school and college prep classes. The students form tight and lasting bonds with one another. And I don't think you will find more dedicated teachers anywhere. Dearborn Christian is truly a great school.

Posted June 17, 2004
I have 2 sons at DCS. This school is awesome! If you want dedicated christian teachers and an excellant academic program, this is it! Also, this school is parent run. All board members are parents of students elected by the parents.

Dearborn Christian School
21360 Donaldson Street, Dearborn, MI  48124
Last modified Dearborn Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Dearborn Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top