PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

First of all, the school is not closing in the summer of 2015! Secondly, I have been part of the MAYA family for 12 years now. I call it this because that is the feeling I get every time I walk into the school; like I am going to see my family. My children have grown up in the school, and I would not have it any other way. The teachers are very caring and spend their time to help all students excel. If those of you who are writing negative reviews are so unhappy, then why are you will there? As for the homework, most parents complain of their children bringing too much home, so infuses you can't please them all. I will always support MAYA and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

it sucks I've seen my son coming back with no homework only 1 homework every week i recommend that we don't waste a lot of money on a school that doesn't teach them like other schools My son has said there aren't any learning and my son said learning isn't as fun as other schools

I've had my daughter at this school for 2 years. All what I've seen so far is lack of discipline and organization. They made me feel that they are only after the money, instead of raising the kids the proper way. I believe we pay to get the kids educated and not for the teacher to update their Facebook pages and twitter. I've seen the teachers on Facebook pages multiple times during teaching time... I love the fact that my daughter is learning Quran, but I believe everything else is worthless.

MAYA has created an atmosphere that is positive and fun for my child to learn and challenging. I thank the administration for having higher standards, values, and rules AND for implementing these values and rules and meeting those high standards. The teachers are role models in every sense of the word. I love the weekly newsletters that the teachers use to communicate to parents, it's a great way for the parents to know what the kids are doing in class. I love the MAYA monthly newsletter. I loved dress up day which conveyed the message to the kids that they are working towards a fulfilling and positive future. Although there is one thing that I would like to see being implemented more strictly, and that is the snacks. I have seen many parents bring EXTREMELY unhealthy snacks that have high calorie and very low nutritional value. MORE HEALTHY FOOD PLEASE

Great School and enviornment ! Great Teachers and staff....Need to be a little more organized but I highly recommend this school!!!

As far as academics, I have been very satisfied with the education. I feel that the teaching style should improve a little in that there is not so much paperwork and other teaching methodologies are applied. I am very satisfied with the Arabic and Islamic program. I am still bothered by what seems to be a lack of organization. Newsletters are sometimes sent home with only days notices of events which makes it difficult for working parents or when you have younger children at home. I also am disappointed that a library has not opened at the school. I was especially disappointed when last year a field trip was not organized to any local libray. I hope these things will improve soon, but I still recommend this school.

This school makes me so happy. Even though it is pretty expensive, it is quite worth all the money. THe children are sweet, the tecahers are well educated. Some remarkable teachers: the 8th grade teacher who brings islam into every subject, and the 7th grade teacher who is an amazing woman who teaches art as well as social stufieds. i highly reccomend this school!

My family has also been with MAYA for many years now. My children have not only excelled in the academics of the school, but also in the Arabic and Islamic perspective as well. The wonderful, respectful environment that my children are part of makes it worth every penny. I don't think I can think of the words to express the teachers and how wonderful they are with the students. If you are looking for quality academics, Islamic environment, and teacher friendly atmosphere, then look no more...MAYA School is the choice for you!

Last modified Muslim American Youth Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.