Dearborn, MI

Posted February 28, 2013
Not the best school ever, not the worst either. It has the worst students though. Kids in the school talk about killing. The kids there are uncaring, irresponsible, thinking their the best, only cares about them self, selfish, everything negative. You can only make 3 to 5 true friends there . One kid said if he had an AK-47, he'd shoot most people in the school. If you want to move your child to a school, do not choose this one. The teachers are not great as well, you do get good education, but the treatment, is not good at all. I only like 3 teachers there.

Posted July 26, 2012
I don't understand how someone can say the teachers are so great. Do you know all the teachers in the school? I doubt it. While there are some great teachers at Haigh there are also some not so great. Why arn't all the teachers at Haigh held to the same standard? One thing all teachers should be required to do is that teachers should read the test at least once so they would know what's on the test before the day of the test. It should not take a parent to tell a teacher that parts of the test were not covered in class. And one more thing. It seems like some teachers need to be reminded that school ends in june. I can't beleive how much stuff gets put off till the last couple of months then the race starts and in most cases we don't make it to the finish line. Don't forget there are some fantastic teachers at haigh I just wish they would rub off on the rest.

Posted May 01, 2011
I think Haigh is a great school. The teachers and Principal are both very dedicated.

Haigh Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2010
A personal issue kept the Principal out for the school year but I thought the replacements did a fine job filling in. The teachers do a fine job but have their hands tied by many of the restraints placed upon them. The class sizes are large due to Haigh being a school of choice . This has also led to teachers needing to spend exhorbitant amounts of time with students who don't have a good enough grasp of the English language. One final issue is there are numerous days given off (that other school districts don't require). I see all these issues as a detriment to the students - which diminish their chances of being competitive as they progress in their education. Due to this, we have had no choice but to remove our children from the Dearborn public schools.

Posted October 10, 2008
My review doesn't regard the teachers bu the administrative support and the principal. Always too busy to return phone calls from parents.

Haigh Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2007
My son has been at Haigh Elementary for two years now and so far so good. His first grade teacher was excellent. However, Haigh teachers need to be more technology savy. Also, introduction to a second language will be beneficial. Haigh Principal is very approachable and strives to make it a model school. Parent participation is low! Overall, Haigh may be the best elementary school in the district.

Posted May 29, 2007
The quality and diversity of Haigh Elementary are outstanding. The after school activities are superb! I feel that this school offers a well rounded curiculum.

Posted May 04, 2006
I think its an ok school.Nothing really to brag about.Yeah they offer some different activites there ok.They have some parent involment me being fairly new i never felt welcome to join in.As for academics theyr'e ok.This school is definately not one of the most diverse schools in dearborn.

Posted March 07, 2006
Haigh is a diverse school where differences are appreciated and embraced rather than glossed over. Teachers use a creative, nurturing approach with students and challenge them appropriately. Special interests -- for instance, my son's desire to play cello -- are acknowledged and supported. There is a ton of communication from the school to the parents, and it is clear that safety is a priority. I am extremely impressed by the caring staff, the extra-curricular activities, and the level of academic challenge my son gets while a student. I am very pleased with this school!

Haigh Elementary School
601 North Silvery Lane, Dearborn, MI  48128
Last modified Haigh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haigh Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top