Dearborn, MI

Posted September 10, 2013
Four years ago, i refused to send my kids to this school. Now i have 2 who graduated with good grades and knowledge and 2 are still in the school. The principal is very good she follows up with everything herself, the teachers and the staff are very good as well.

Posted June 02, 2010
I have 2 children at Maples (first year), and it is OUT OF CONTROL!!! Coming from Allen Park/Melvindale district, I have NEVER encountered any behavioral problems of any kind with my children. So that made me start visiting them in school a lot to see where the "all of a sudden" behavior problems were coming from. Whenever I visit one of my children's classrooms, I almost ALWAYS have to say something to the children. Whether it's "be quiet the teacher is talking", or "stop running in the hallway". There's no structure, no discipline, and no authority. And on top of all that, the curriculums are at least a year or two behind. Everyday I make my children work out of workbooks that are 2 years ahead of them. The reason that I'm on this site right now is because I need to find a better school for the fall.

Posted May 03, 2010
I have to agree with a previous post, this school is terrible. Students yelling at teachers, jumping on the desks and completely disobeying the teachers and principal. If you can't control your students you should not be teaching. I am definitely not sending my 3 children there this upcoming year. Let's just say that i would rather be home schooling them instead.

Posted August 22, 2009
Great school! Everyone knows the other and the teachers are great.

Posted June 10, 2009
Horrible school, The principal is very week. The school is out of control!

Maples Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2009
As a parent of two children in maples for the 08/09 year i am very disappointed witht this school. It has been a up hill battle to initate iep and getting the school to follow though with them. I would not recomend this school to anyone who has a child with a learning disablity

Posted February 09, 2008

Posted July 15, 2005
Well my son just entered into the Dearborn District last year. He is a POHI student. (Physically or Health Impaired.) I was looking for a school that would enhance his intellectual abilities while able to handle his physical limits. Maples definitly fit the bill. They have been nothing less then helpful and curtious and willing to go to any length to insure my child be treated as normal as possible. His teacher, Ms. Karen Restum, is a great asset to the district. She jumped in head first with everything making sure to stay involved with my son completely. I could not have asked for a better teacher. She made Kody love school which is great in itself. He was never one for school due to his differences and inablitiy to keep up with the others 110% of the time. Thank you.

Maples Elementary School
6801 Mead Street, Dearborn, MI  48126
Last modified Maples Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maples Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top