Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

great school. Hard working teachers and principals. They all follow through. I am very happy with the school.

Four years ago, i refused to send my kids to this school. Now i have 2 who graduated with good grades and knowledge and 2 are still in the school. The principal is very good she follows up with everything herself, the teachers and the staff are very good as well.

I have 2 children at Maples (first year), and it is OUT OF CONTROL!!! Coming from Allen Park/Melvindale district, I have NEVER encountered any behavioral problems of any kind with my children. So that made me start visiting them in school a lot to see where the "all of a sudden" behavior problems were coming from. Whenever I visit one of my children's classrooms, I almost ALWAYS have to say something to the children. Whether it's "be quiet the teacher is talking", or "stop running in the hallway". There's no structure, no discipline, and no authority. And on top of all that, the curriculums are at least a year or two behind. Everyday I make my children work out of workbooks that are 2 years ahead of them. The reason that I'm on this site right now is because I need to find a better school for the fall.

I have to agree with a previous post, this school is terrible. Students yelling at teachers, jumping on the desks and completely disobeying the teachers and principal. If you can't control your students you should not be teaching. I am definitely not sending my 3 children there this upcoming year. Let's just say that i would rather be home schooling them instead.

Great school! Everyone knows the other and the teachers are great.

Horrible school, The principal is very week. The school is out of control!

As a parent of two children in maples for the 08/09 year i am very disappointed witht this school. It has been a up hill battle to initate iep and getting the school to follow though with them. I would not recomend this school to anyone who has a child with a learning disablity

Last modified Maples Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.