Delhi Charter Township, MI

Horizon Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
The education at this school is A-1 however my child was bullied on many occasions. I kept wondering why she hated to go to school and finally she told me. Come to find out there was a boy who chocked her, banged her head against the locker, threw her on the floor and kicked her and she'd told the teachers and I was never notified. I called the school principle, thinking that she was lying and it turns out that she was telling the truth and that it had in fact been documented but they never though it was serious enough to let me know. I should have reported them to someone but I didn't want to start a fuss. Instead I just took my daughter out of that school and put her back into East Lansing. The kids there are very nice and much better behaved.

Posted October 20, 2012
My son is enrolled in this school for school-of-choice and I could not be more impressed. Everyone wants to give their children the best and having them attend Horizon delivers! Principal Hornak knows what is important, leads by example and has shown so much compassion. My son, a 1st grader now would not blossoming as he is without the great school experiences he has had. Mrs. Smith is absolutely the BEST kindergarten teacher ever. My son's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Knob, has him literally singing lessons every day that he comes home and he loves school. I could not ask for a better beginning. Thank you Horizon!!!. The only disappointment I have is with HOPS (Horizon Organization of Parents and Staff). I attempt to participate and became so upset with how things were ran that I just quit. I can expend my energy in more meaningful ways such as helping the teachers and coaching team sports than trying to interact with the leadership in this group.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted July 17, 2008
My son goes to this school. The teachers are fabulous, nice building, good environment for kids. The daycare could be better, but is not run by the school staff.

Horizon Elementary School 1

Posted April 04, 2008

Posted October 11, 2006
- a former student

Posted July 26, 2006
My husband and I have 3 daughters. Our middle daughter, who is now 15, went to Horizon and now our 8 year old daughter attends Horizon currently. We have been highly impressed with the school the staff and the parents. This school seems to take great pride in their pupils. Our children are bi-racial and have had a very positive experience at Horizon. Our oldest daughter went to Kendon, in Lansing, and we were happy with her experience as well, but Horizon has the total package. This school goes above and behind in all areas and has fun doing it. The extracurricular activities they organize are very unique and well thought out. I understand that my comments may seem too good to be true. I would encourage anyone to send their children to Horizon and experience the difference for themselves.

Posted May 14, 2006
A fabulous school! The teachers are superb and the parent community is fantastic. The teachers are always available for phone calls, emails and personal conferences. The city of Holt has its 'gold standard' with Horizon Elementary. Security is an ever changing facet of the great 'hamlet' called Horizon. (Due to our ever changing world.) It changes and grows as needed. The welcome feeling that every parent feels as they enter the building will be lessened, but completely understood and encouraged. Bravo Horizon!

Horizon Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2006
Nice new building. A huge amount of push for meap scores. I think it should be easier for parents to speak with teachers...It's a pain...They don't even have email that we can easily contact them with! i haven't seen that in any other school my kids have attended! the security could be improved also. I can walk right in, through the halls, and back out with out a word from anyone.

Horizon Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2004
- a former student

Horizon Elementary School
5776 Holt Road, Delhi Charter Township, MI  48842
Last modified Horizon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top