Bad
Good

This school has been AMAZING! The leadership, staff and parental involvement is top notch! They place a huge emphasis on developing strong character and the importance of health and fitness. We also love the balanced calendar school schedule.

The education at this school is A-1 however my child was bullied on many occasions. I kept wondering why she hated to go to school and finally she told me. Come to find out there was a boy who chocked her, banged her head against the locker, threw her on the floor and kicked her and she'd told the teachers and I was never notified. I called the school principle, thinking that she was lying and it turns out that she was telling the truth and that it had in fact been documented but they never though it was serious enough to let me know. I should have reported them to someone but I didn't want to start a fuss. Instead I just took my daughter out of that school and put her back into East Lansing. The kids there are very nice and much better behaved.

My son is enrolled in this school for school-of-choice and I could not be more impressed. Everyone wants to give their children the best and having them attend Horizon delivers! Principal Hornak knows what is important, leads by example and has shown so much compassion. My son, a 1st grader now would not blossoming as he is without the great school experiences he has had. Mrs. Smith is absolutely the BEST kindergarten teacher ever. My son's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Knob, has him literally singing lessons every day that he comes home and he loves school. I could not ask for a better beginning. Thank you Horizon!!!. The only disappointment I have is with HOPS (Horizon Organization of Parents and Staff). I attempt to participate and became so upset with how things were ran that I just quit. I can expend my energy in more meaningful ways such as helping the teachers and coaching team sports than trying to interact with the leadership in this group.

My son goes to this school. The teachers are fabulous, nice building, good environment for kids. The daycare could be better, but is not run by the school staff.

Last modified Horizon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.