Washington Woods Middle School 5

Posted February 07, 2013
I have had all 3 of my kids go through this school. My last one is currently in 5th grade. I have had no issues at all. The staff is all friendly, nice, and caring. I just don't understand the bad reviews on this school. I have nothing but good to say about them! :)

Washington Woods Middle School 1

Posted September 12, 2011
Beware of this school. There is an enormous problem with discipline and bullying and the staff is unwilling and/or unable to handle it. The principal does not answer his phone, nor does he return messages. If you want to speak with him, you have to actually GO to the school and wait for him to come out of his office. The lack of communication between the staff members is concerning. This has been a terrible experience for my student and our family, and I encourage ANYONE who considers this school to find an alternative.

Washington Woods Middle School 2

Posted June 22, 2010
my daughter just completed 6th grade at washington woods, and we were very disappointed this year. I have had other children attend school here, but things seem to be getting worse. Class sizes are getting bigger and teachers not as willing to work with students who need more than the average time to learn a subject. I for the first time am considering going out of our district to attend a school. Holts focus has gone from quality education to athletics.

Posted May 17, 2010
Extremely high quality teaching staff, far above average, all things considered the best we have encountered in public schools. Principal leadership is well below average. Parents seem well involved and strong showing at parent teacher conferences, student activity nights, extracurricular events, etc. School could achieve a 5 star rating with new principal leadership.

Washington Woods Middle School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
Discipline is a big issue at Washington Woods. My child has been harassed and provoked on several occasions and yet the principal does nothing to support me or the teachers who are dealing with disruptive students. I try to reach him after school, when I pick up my son and the principal has already left the building. He does not return calls or answer emails. Moreover, this school's extracurricular focus is entirely on sports. Music and arts are given little thought. In fact, there has not been a steady choir teacher since school began in the 2009-2010 school year. The jock attitude--might makes right--is prevalent. Culture is wanting and it breaks my heart to send my son to this school day after day. Some teachers care and are wonderful. I don't mean to be unfair to them. But this school has been an awful experience for my son and my family.

Posted January 26, 2010
The teachers in my 6th grade daughters Pod are amazing. Mr. Buckley goes above and beyond to keep these kids interested with hands on projects and age appropriate humor.

Washington Woods Middle School 3

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted July 25, 2009
this school is very good I was a student here in the years 2008/2009 and it was good mr.buckley is an awesome teacher and so is mrs.martin your child will really like this school

Washington Woods Middle School 5

Posted May 19, 2009
This school is great. WW DOES have yearbooks, some people may have started a school newspaper, field days, and extra learning activites. I am a student here and I think its really great.

Washington Woods Middle School 2

Posted January 19, 2009
I've had some pretty bad exsperiences at this school. We are not treated with respect and about 1/4 of the students at WWMS are self absorbed kids and and focus mainly on making other students feel bad.(trust me i've been through it)

Washington Woods Middle School
2055 South Washington Road, Delhi Charter Township, MI  48842
Last modified Washington Woods Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Woods Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top