Elliott Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 356 students

Posted January 19, 2013

We have been apart of Elliott Elementary consecutively since 2003. I have to say that we are fortunate to be apart of this wonderful school. The teachers and staff are phenominal and I would recommend this school to any parent looking for caring, enthusiastic teachers and staff who are always looking for new ways to enhance your childs education so that your child may succeed!

Posted June 7, 2011

Elliott is an amazing school with an even more Amazing staff!! We have been part of the Elliott family for a while since I have a daughter finishing 6th grade and one finishing 2nd. We Love Elliott!!!!

Posted May 12, 2008

My daughter started at this elementary at the beginning if the 07-08 school year. The transitionfrom a small town to whta I thought would be a larger one loomed over this new entry. I was very unsure how my third grader would adapt to the new surroundings. The staff at Elliott is incredible. From teacher's to recess monitors you couldn't ask for more involvement. Mr. Malatinsky has been an amazing teacher to my daughter. She has excelled in this classroom and thrived on the hands on approach they foster.

Posted February 27, 2008

I have a a daughter in the 2nd grade, and one in the 5th grade. They both went to Elliot,until we had to move down south a little over a year ago.My girls still talk about Elliot and how much they miss it,and all the great teachers and staff.Being minorities my daughters had a hard time being accepted in school down here.But what they were thaught at Elliott helped them over come this. They are both on the honor roll and my 2nd grader is going into the gifted program.I believe because of the great start they had at Elliot it made them the great students they are,they have never forgotten their C.A.R.E.S. Elliott Elementary is a great school , with a great staff.

Posted January 30, 2008

I don't believe Elliot is very good if your child is challenged. I am very unhappy with the level of education my son is recieving. He recieved more services in a smaller school district up north.

Posted January 29, 2008

The best place to send your kid. The principal, teachers, and staff are very caring, and rewards accordingly. My daughter moves here from VA a year ago and came in as a 3rd Grader. She was able to fit in and make friends inspite of the fact that she's a minority. She's now in 4th Grade and loving every minute of it. She's also considered a highly gifted kid but she's very happy in Elliott. She learns from her classmates, teachers, staff, and the library. She is well behave and respectful because she said, Eagles CARES (Cooperation, Achievement, Respect, Effort and Safety). The best thing she learns from Elliott Elementary School. To the Principal, teachers, and all the staff, thank you for everything you have done for Melinda. We are very grateful.

Posted January 18, 2008

I can't imagine a group of teachers, principals and staff that care more about the kids - and are truly dedicated to their motto that 'all kids can learn'

Posted January 11, 2008

My child is academically advanced and I have suggested many times that she be skipped ahead to first grade. She is the only child in her class that reads and does addition and subtraction. The school's suggestion was that she do work from first grade, the catch? I HAVE TO SEND IN THE CURRICULUM! Um, isn't curriculum the SCHOOL'S job, not mine?! I am appauled. If they can not provide curriculum for gifted children, then they should state that and let the parents know ahead of time, or grant my request to put her in a higher grade level. My child is bored at school and showing behavioral issues. I have been instructed to talk to her and fix these problems. The only problem that I have found is that she is not being challenged, gets bored, and becomes disruptive. My solution...find a better school that can keep her challenged.

Posted October 26, 2007

After a 'bad' experience in kindergarten at a charter school, I placed my son at Elliott thru school of choice. The staff and teachers welcomed him and not once made us feel like outsiders. He is now in 3rd grade and reading at a 6th grade level! I know this is due to the work and care of the teachers.

Posted October 25, 2007

This is our second year at Elliott Elementary, I transfered my daughter from a private school where she had been in since kindergarten. My then, 7 year old, determined it was not a good fit, and we started the search. We applied to the Holt S.D. as a school of choice and got accepted into Elliot Elem. It was a great move! My daughter is happy and so am I. Both faculty and staff welcomed us with open arms and made us feel at home. I only regret not having started my daughter there since grade K.

Posted October 30, 2005

Meap scores continue to improve and I can't say enough good things about the teachers, principal, and staff at Elliott. They strive to help each child be the best they can be. Thank you!

Posted March 1, 2005

Our son has gone to this school since kidnegarden and he has excelled and now our daughter is going there to. I can not say enough about Mrs Minnick and Judy they are really good people. And all the teachers are wonderful.

Posted June 8, 2004

My daughter goes to resource center for reading comprehension. Last year was very wonderful, they brought her up 2 years reading level in one. This year has not been as sucessful as we have a new resource teacher. I just met her resource teacher for the 5th grade at Hope Middle School and she seems excited and 'fresh' to teach. We look forward to next year. We started Elliott Elem. transfering from a 'public school academy'. We received very little help at the academy for special education. I give Elliott many thumbs up. The wait list for school choice was very much worth it!

Posted June 2, 2004

I school of choice my son to Elliott. Removing him from the Lansing school district was the best thing I ever did! This is his 3rd year at Elliott and the improvement is remarkable. Lansing schools barely taught him his alphabet and I was concerned he would lag behind in reading and writing skills. My son came to Elliott with a speech impediment, couldn't read and writing was poor at best. It has taken time but the staff at Elliott has been wonderful and he is right where he should be skill wise. The extra efforts that are put forth are amazing, after school reading programs, speech program and wonderful teachers for the most part! Sad that we have to even review schools at all. All schools should use Elliott's example to set the standard. School of choice has provided my son the chance at the best education!

Posted March 12, 2004

They brought my child up 3 1/2 reading levels in 2 years. Most teachers are very involved. They care how a child is surviving mentally as well as physically and work hard with the kids to keep them caught up.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 40% in 2014.

80 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

80 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Michigan Department of Education

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2014.

76 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MEAP results from the state of Michigan.

2 This rating is based on 2012-13 net growth (significant improvement/improvement - significant decrease/decrease) according to Performance Level Changes from the state of Michigan.

African-American 12% 18%

• (517) 699-3409

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now