Bad
Good

Sycamore Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2012
II think that Sycamore is an awful school. My son is in special ed and he os an easy target for other students to pick on. My husband and I have had to speak with the principal several times about our son being bullied by other kids and my son has come home crying several times because of this I think they need to get their heads out of their butts and start dealing with the bullies in schools. Our son is going to Elliot ne t year.

Sycamore Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2011
I have very intelligent kids, so they do well in school in spite of the teachers and type of education they're getting at Sycamore. Almost every letter that comes home from the teachers has spelling and grammatical errors in it, which drives me crazy! The curriculum is also very "left-wing" slanted. My kids get more than enough diversity training, global warming, recycling, and green propaganda. I am constantly having to correct the indoctrination that is occurring with my kids. Fortunately the boys are very smart and can understand reason. There are two specific exceptions to the rule: Mrs. Steere (2nd Grade Teacher) and Mrs. Usiak (Principal) are both incredible. They're both tremendous assets to the school.

Posted April 07, 2008
We transferred my son here after a bad Young-5s experience at a nearby charter school. Mr. Hornak worked with our son and was a fantastic influence in getting him started at school again. Now our son has Mr. Strong for Kindergarten, and he has also been a positive influence. I wouldn't recommend the childcare, but the school has provided understanding, help and a positive atmosphere for our son.

Posted April 06, 2008
Staff genuinely care about students and families. They are learning to work with a broader range of students academically and emotionally.

Posted September 18, 2007
As a former student of Sycamore and now the parent of a Sycamore Superstar I can truthfully say that Sycamore is the best of the best! The teachers truly care and go above and beyond to help kids!

Posted August 15, 2007
The teachers at Sycamore are very caring and communicate well with parents. They have a strong math and reading emphasis, but need to focus more on writing. Their MEAP scores are consistently low in this area and my children left Sycamore with weak writing skills. Mrs. Reynolds, in child care, is outstanding. Sycamore provides a warm and positive environment for kids.

Posted February 09, 2007
Sycamore school was a great school. I went there for four years and was sad to leave to go to Hope and then the Holt Jr.High. I still come to visit teachers there now and then. all my teachers were wonderful and nice to every there. I'm am now in the Jr.High building next to Sycamore the whole Holt district is very good. they have a great gym and music class. all the people at daycare are nice and all the teachers are to. some of my favorite teachers are at that school.

Posted April 25, 2006
Hello, I have a daughter who goes to Sycamore currently as a school of choice student from Lansing. She is now in second grade, after her kindergaten year she was diagnosed with diabetes and has continued to go to Sycamore. The office staff and teachers have treated her wonderfully, and never made her or our family feel like an inconvenience. She bagan to have some learning glitches this year and her teacher ms. Mckay got with us and acted on them quickly and things have came around beautifully. I feel they are working well over there under Ms. Lattin's guidance. They have all been very involved and I would reccomend this school above any in the area, I feel fortunate that my daughter has been able to attend, and am pleased with her learning at the school.

Posted August 25, 2005
I also agree that Mrs. Lattin could do more to create a warmer environment at Sycamore School. The teachers though are fantastic and I look forward to working with them each year. I currently have 3 children enrolled at Sycamore and one who has just left Sycamore for the middle school.

Posted June 16, 2005
I agree with Susan, Mrs. Lattin needs to improve on her personal skills both with parents and students. This was my childs last year at Sycamore, it will be sad to not see the teachers and the day care staff that has been apart of our family's life for the past 8 years. Thank's Sysamore you have done well.

Sycamore Elementary School
4429 Sycamore Street, Delhi Charter Township, MI  48842
Last modified Sycamore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.