Delhi Charter Township, MI

Posted August 23, 2013
as eighth grade student there, I don't really appreciate this school, of course because I'm a kid and every kid hates school but let me tell you why I hate it. at this school the teachers yell at you for how you're dressing when you aren't breaking any rules, they just want to yell at someone so they yell at us for no reason. this school is not my school of choice that's for sure. and that was one example of why I hate this school.

Posted February 07, 2013
I have had 2 of my 3 kids go through this school so far. I will send my 3rd one without any hesitation! Only things I can "complain" about is that some of the math teachers are rude and don't seem to want to help the kids when they need it (not all, some), and there is 1 lady in the main office (out of several that work in there) that NEVER smiles, NEVER makes you feel welcome, and always makes you feel like you are a horrible human being for coming in there! If it wasn't for the other ladies....I don't think anyone would go in there. Love the principal! Love all the other teachers and staff. :)

Posted January 21, 2011
I think holt schools are good schools. my older children went there in the early 80's, and the wrer more advanced, then other school's.

Holt Junior High School 5

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted November 05, 2009
I do not agree with the quality this school seems to show on these ratings. 1. Nothing offered for above average students. We were told our daughter would have to wait until Senior High... but they do have 6 football teams. And a socially competitive environment if you think junior high isn't hard enough.

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted September 16, 2008
Well, this is mostly a very good school. I do like how most of the teachers can relate well to all the students. One of the major problems though is that security gaurds and office workers are not very kind to students or parents.

Holt Junior High School 5

Posted November 19, 2007

Posted August 15, 2007
I'd like to see Holt implement letter grades earlier than 7th grade. The new experience of combining two middle schools to become a class of 500 students, juggling 5-6 classes/teachers, and getting letter grades for the first time is too much change at once...implementing letter grades at the middle school would be better for the students. Holt also needs more emphasis on fine arts...we have no elementary art program and no strings program at all in the district, compared to our neighbors in East Lansing and Okemos. Dr. Scott, the principal, is outstanding...he is always in the halls interacting with students. He knows what's going on and is very communicative and proactive.

Posted February 20, 2007
- a former student
I was just at the Jr High for 8th and 7th grade. It's a pretty good school. The prinicipal was really great. He was on the anouncements a lot nad i saw him in the hallways every day. I don't even really know what my principal looks like up-close at the 9th grade campus. One thing though is that the staff in the office or the security guards were never really nice to any of the kids and even to my parents. I also had some not so great teachers and some great ones at the same time

Holt Junior High School
1784 Aurelius Road, Delhi Charter Township, MI  48842
Last modified Holt Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holt Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top