Delhi Charter Township, MI

Holt Junior High School 2

Posted August 23, 2013
as eighth grade student there, I don't really appreciate this school, of course because I'm a kid and every kid hates school but let me tell you why I hate it. at this school the teachers yell at you for how you're dressing when you aren't breaking any rules, they just want to yell at someone so they yell at us for no reason. this school is not my school of choice that's for sure. and that was one example of why I hate this school.

Posted February 07, 2013
I have had 2 of my 3 kids go through this school so far. I will send my 3rd one without any hesitation! Only things I can "complain" about is that some of the math teachers are rude and don't seem to want to help the kids when they need it (not all, some), and there is 1 lady in the main office (out of several that work in there) that NEVER smiles, NEVER makes you feel welcome, and always makes you feel like you are a horrible human being for coming in there! If it wasn't for the other ladies....I don't think anyone would go in there. Love the principal! Love all the other teachers and staff. :)

Posted January 21, 2011
I think holt schools are good schools. my older children went there in the early 80's, and the wrer more advanced, then other school's.

Holt Junior High School 2

Posted November 05, 2009
I do not agree with the quality this school seems to show on these ratings. 1. Nothing offered for above average students. We were told our daughter would have to wait until Senior High... but they do have 6 football teams. And a socially competitive environment if you think junior high isn't hard enough.

Posted September 16, 2008
Well, this is mostly a very good school. I do like how most of the teachers can relate well to all the students. One of the major problems though is that security gaurds and office workers are not very kind to students or parents.

Posted August 15, 2007
I'd like to see Holt implement letter grades earlier than 7th grade. The new experience of combining two middle schools to become a class of 500 students, juggling 5-6 classes/teachers, and getting letter grades for the first time is too much change at once...implementing letter grades at the middle school would be better for the students. Holt also needs more emphasis on fine arts...we have no elementary art program and no strings program at all in the district, compared to our neighbors in East Lansing and Okemos. Dr. Scott, the principal, is outstanding...he is always in the halls interacting with students. He knows what's going on and is very communicative and proactive.

Posted February 20, 2007
I was just at the Jr High for 8th and 7th grade. It's a pretty good school. The prinicipal was really great. He was on the anouncements a lot nad i saw him in the hallways every day. I don't even really know what my principal looks like up-close at the 9th grade campus. One thing though is that the staff in the office or the security guards were never really nice to any of the kids and even to my parents. I also had some not so great teachers and some great ones at the same time

Posted February 05, 2007
This is our first year at holt. We moved from the lansing district. The staff and students have been wonderful in helping my child adjust. This is the first year for lockers, several diferent classes and teachers. I volunteer in the a.M. At the school. I wanted to see for myself how things were. I am very pleased with what am getting to be a part of. The principle knows students names and stops, talks to them, asks about their school work, sports, and family. I have often seen him playing basketball with the students. The staff knows the students and interacts with them the same way. Staff members are continuesly asking how my child is adjusting, if we need anything and stopped my child to ask about her report card. The academics are also excellent. Students have a well rounded positive learning enviroment. Thanks holt staff for all you do!

Posted January 31, 2007
I account the principal is a good disciplinarian. Additionally I think this school has a good learning environment

Posted November 07, 2006
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Holt my daughter is thriving at this school , the teachers and parental involvement are what make the difference and I truly encourage anyone to give Holt Junior High a chance!!

Holt Junior High School
1784 Aurelius Road, Delhi Charter Township, MI  48842
Last modified Holt Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holt Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top