Communication And Media Arts High School 4

Posted April 25, 2014
My child transfer to CMA in the 10th grade. I couldn't be more pleased with the wonderful principal and staff. It has its issues,as all schools do, and some lessons for me and my child to learn. Overall, my child is excelling in all classes,exposed to more opportunity's, and playing two different sports. My child is planning to take a third year of spanish, creative writing,and any and all ACT prep available. CMA is a very good school!

Communication And Media Arts High School 0

Posted August 07, 2009
I attended Communication and Media Arts for my freshmen year. It was nothing like I thought it would be. I thought it would have many clubs and extra curricular activities, but it did not have anything! It had a few things. It did not have a chior, or drama club, or dance. It doesnt have a football team or football field! The school is strictly adcademic. It's alright, but it's not my dream school at all!

Communication And Media Arts High School 4

Posted May 28, 2009

Communication And Media Arts High School 0

Posted April 24, 2009
I have read the numerous reviews and I agree with the parent who was disappointed. However, I am not writing on Facebook, and have no desire to address reviewers personally. My child's teacher was frequently absent and the school did nothing for almost a whole school year to assure my child received a consistent education. In a college prep school, I would expect teacher attendance to be as important as student attendance. Furthermore, it makes no sense why a school can not let parents know of all PTC dates at the beginning of the school year. Parents with demanding careers need to plan for these things in advance. Other schools are able to do this simple task, so why can't CMA?

Posted January 04, 2009
To the parent who wrote a rather distasteful review... I am a CMA Alumna and although I admit that I had my hardships in high school, I can assure you that Communication and Media Arts HS is not a disappointment. The disciplinary methods of the school is pretty straightforward. If you break the rules, then yes you can expect to be after school for an extra hour. The newsletters are given to the students every week and has everything about that week (or the following week) including half day and parent teacher conferences. The only reason that these times may be 'sprung on' you is because your child may not want you to know when these days are coming. I don't condone that, by the way. Maybe you can talk to your child.

Communication And Media Arts High School 2

Posted December 08, 2008
I am truly disappointed in my child's experience at this school. This is truly a case of a school believing its own press, but failing to live up to the reputation. They call this school a college prep school. However, a college prep school should have more classes to choose from. No student can graduate from this school and claim to have received a well- rounded education complete with the arts, sciences and letters. I will admit. The school has discipline under control, so my child feels safe within its walls. However, the disciplinary policy is to give detentions for absolutely everything. This causes students to be deceptive in an effort to avoid them. They do not provide a calendar for the year regarding important events such as parent teacher conferences, days off and half days. I often find these events sprung on me through the reading of a newsletter.

Posted September 18, 2008

Communication And Media Arts High School 2

Posted October 28, 2007

Posted October 26, 2007
I Love communication media arts high school. i surely didnt appreciate it until i left fr another school. the school is excellene tin its teaching. i went to another school and i've found that i knew more than that students that attened my new school. i miss cma i truely do if i had the chance to go back i would!!!!

Posted October 11, 2007

Communication And Media Arts High School
14771 Mansfield St, Detroit, MI  48227
Last modified Communication And Media Arts High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Communication And Media Arts High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.