Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy 3

Posted December 18, 2008

Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy 3

Posted August 04, 2008
Many caring faculty members that are very genuine, however, as a parent I think many things could stand to improve such as safety of parking lot where students are dropped to/from school and the intolerance of children just being children.I believe they are expected to act abnormally mature for the age groups around 8-10 yrs. Children that age are just not able to sit completely still for eight hours straight.

Posted May 19, 2008

Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy 2

Posted October 27, 2007

Posted October 25, 2007
I am currently attending my 8th grade year at Paul Robeson and loving every minute of it! My teachers are so supportive, and challenging. The principle and assistant principle are excellent and coordinated. I have been attending the school ever since 5th grade, and it has provided a fun, academically challenging environment. My teachers strive to develop a student-teacher relationship. I only wish more parents would put more effort in this. I feel like hugging every teacher I have! The principle too! I wouldn't switch my school for anything. I know I will never have such great teachers or principle any where else. All though there are a few negative areas. About four of the elementary teachers are uncoordinated. Plus parents really need to get more involved. But for the overall performance of the school, I give it five stars hands down!

Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2007
My children completed their 1st and last year at this school and it was a horrible experience. The teachers or principles have little to no control of themselves or their students. I strongly caution against enrolling your child in this school. There are actually some great teachers and staff that work there but not enough to make a difference! It was such a disappointment as I had heard so many high praises about this school.

Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy 2

Posted January 26, 2005
My child has attended PRA for 4 years. At the beginning of the school year there were 42 children in his 4th grade classroom. There has been a serious decline in the quality of this school. Overall, teachers are concerned and there are quite a few good ones, but there is not enough checks & balances within the system to ensure quality education is being taught. Some teachers have admitted there's no time to 'help' a failing student because they're too busy 'teaching'. Principal and Vice-Principal have a serious communication gap. Vice-Principal has instituted a 'no-talking' policy in the lunchroom and violators have gotten up to 5-day suspensions. No structured outlet for the kids (usually no recess, no playground equipment). Fighting has increased. Parental involvement is virtually non-existent. Morale among staff, students, and parents is way down! Paul Robeson is surely turning over in his grave!

Posted January 15, 2005
I am a student currently attending Paul Robeson Academy. I enjoy attending this although it has many flaws, like other schools. Along with its flaws, it does have its advantages, like the After-School All Stars program, which is funded by Arnold Schwartzeneger. Every year, he visits our school along with funding some trips to different sites around Michigan. Just a couple of weeks ago, we went to the Palace in Auburn Hills and saw a Pistons game. To discuss Parent Involvement, to say the least, there isn't any. Hardly any parents attend the conferences and/or the LSCO meetings, even with constant pressure to. The teachers have the ability to teach well, but many of them decide to waste time telling stories, or trying to impress the students. In conclusion, I belive Paul Robeson is a great school, but has flaws that brings itself down.

Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy
2585 Grove Street, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robeson Academy Malcolm X Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.