Posted November 10, 2011
As a mother of a 4 year old son who currently attends Go Lightly Early Educational Center in the Pre-K program, I was skeptical of DPS Schools as a option for my only child. This particular Pre-K teacher was recommended to me by a family member who's son attended in previous years. I am so impressed with the way she conducts her classroom, her organizational skills are immpeciable, attitude stellar, and interaction with the children and parents far exceed my expectation. To date, this teacher still checks in on the progress of my cousin's older son and sincerely cares about his development as well as other students. Now that my son is in her class, I do see a difference in my son's language/vocabulary, motor skills, word choices and love for school. He picks up on the teacher's passion and lovable spirit to teach. She stands outside of her room each morning to greet the parents and always interacts with us via in-person and email. She keeps the parents informed by all channels and keeps us in the know about the activities our children are participating in. Keep up the good work Room Pre-K A102 - You so ROCK!

Golightly Education Center 4

Posted September 21, 2010
Detroit Public Schools as a whole have gone through a major change. But the staff and parents of Golightly Educational Center are working to maintain the excellence that has come to be expected at Golightly. I can only speak to the elementary school as my children are in the 3rd and 5th grades. This year the school has gotten a new principal and assistant principal. They seem very dedicated and focused on making Golightly a school of excellence both in the elementary and middle school building. This is the trial year for Golightly's middle school and if I don't like what i see, my children will be attending another middle school, and that's the truth.

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted June 17, 2009
I loved this school because it was original.

Posted May 31, 2009

Golightly Education Center 2

Posted May 26, 2009

Golightly Education Center 1

Posted March 02, 2009
Golightly was a very good school about 5 years ago but now things have taken a turn for the worst. The teachers dont care, the behavior of some of the students is horrible. This school does not prepare the students for the rral world. I will be taking my child out of Golightly this year. I cant take it any more and you shouldnt either.

Posted December 08, 2008

Golightly Education Center 0

Posted December 02, 2008
I am a parent that has participated with the Golightly Family since my child has started 1st Grade at Golightly. She is now a 7th Grade student at the school. I know the Administration, the teachers, the staff and the students. We have been like a family. I am sorry that some people feel negative towards our school. Maybe if they volunteer around the school with the kids/staff they will get a better impression. The school is still a nice school. You could make it better!!! ~Monica Frazier

Golightly Education Center 0

Posted November 30, 2008
I have been attending this school since kindergarten. I will be graduating from Golightly in 2009. I plan on going to Cranbrook. Golightly has really prepared me for everything I shall encounter. I have already passed my test for Cranbrook with flying colors, and I am smart enough to know that Golightly had something to do with this. I feel insulted when I see comments that our students are out of control. Our school was and is a very controlled school. Now, I will say, however, that there has been a slight behavior-related change since we've opened our school to Sherrard and Loving, two schools that closed. If anything, these students are the reason for your opinion. If you still feel that way, feel free to take your child elsewhere. By the way, I will be crying at graduation, I wish I didn't have to leave.

Golightly Education Center
5536 Saint Antoine St, Detroit, MI  48202
Last modified Golightly Education Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golightly Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.