Posted November 10, 2011
As a mother of a 4 year old son who currently attends Go Lightly Early Educational Center in the Pre-K program, I was skeptical of DPS Schools as a option for my only child. This particular Pre-K teacher was recommended to me by a family member who's son attended in previous years. I am so impressed with the way she conducts her classroom, her organizational skills are immpeciable, attitude stellar, and interaction with the children and parents far exceed my expectation. To date, this teacher still checks in on the progress of my cousin's older son and sincerely cares about his development as well as other students. Now that my son is in her class, I do see a difference in my son's language/vocabulary, motor skills, word choices and love for school. He picks up on the teacher's passion and lovable spirit to teach. She stands outside of her room each morning to greet the parents and always interacts with us via in-person and email. She keeps the parents informed by all channels and keeps us in the know about the activities our children are participating in. Keep up the good work Room Pre-K A102 - You so ROCK!

Golightly Education Center 4

Posted September 21, 2010
Detroit Public Schools as a whole have gone through a major change. But the staff and parents of Golightly Educational Center are working to maintain the excellence that has come to be expected at Golightly. I can only speak to the elementary school as my children are in the 3rd and 5th grades. This year the school has gotten a new principal and assistant principal. They seem very dedicated and focused on making Golightly a school of excellence both in the elementary and middle school building. This is the trial year for Golightly's middle school and if I don't like what i see, my children will be attending another middle school, and that's the truth.

Posted April 16, 2010

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009
I loved this school because it was original.

Posted May 31, 2009

Golightly Education Center 2

Posted May 26, 2009

Golightly Education Center 1

Posted March 02, 2009
Golightly was a very good school about 5 years ago but now things have taken a turn for the worst. The teachers dont care, the behavior of some of the students is horrible. This school does not prepare the students for the rral world. I will be taking my child out of Golightly this year. I cant take it any more and you shouldnt either.

Posted February 02, 2009

Contact Information

5536 Saint Antoine St
Detroit, MI 48202

School website

Golightly Education Center
5536 Saint Antoine St, Detroit, MI  48202
Last modified Golightly Education Center is a public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golightly Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.