Detroit, MI

Posted March 25, 2010
My daughter is junior at Davis. If you are looking for a smaller high school for your child, with very good teachers, this it. I am however concerned about the lack of extra-curricular activities. The administration is good, and the students for the most part are well behaved.

Davis Aerospace High School 5

Posted April 23, 2009
I am an alumni and former valedictorian of Daivs Aerospace Technical High School. I had many wonderful opportunities presented to me in this school. This school prepares their students very well for the future, especailly those who are pursuing a position in the aviation industry. I highly recommend this school for future pilots, technicians, and leaders.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am a parent of a 11th grade student at Davis. And I am very pleased with the schools over. I feel that the school is preparing its students to excel and do well in the area of preparing to go to college, or into the field of Avionics or engineering. The teaching staff is very commited to the students as well as knowing earch students capabilities and needs. Davis is one of Detroit's jewels.

Posted September 14, 2008
I currently have two children attending Davis Aerospace. This school is such a hidden jewel. It is unprecedented to offer an aviation curriculum such as the one found at Davis Aerospace in an urban school environment. No other school district in the entire State of Michigan can offer to its students this curriculum. Unfortunately, many students don't take full advantage of the offerings until it is too late. The school provides a small, clean and safe environment. The school has been recognized by the Skillman Foundation as a Good School Making the Grade. The principal just came a couple of years ago but she is making a lot of good changes at the school. If students would take full advantage of the unique opportunites provided at Davis, they could put themselves on a path to a successful career. There is no limit to the jobs available in the aviation field.

Posted November 03, 2007
The students behave poorly. Many of the teachers don't teach. Some teachers don't even show up for class. Classes are not challenging. Facilities are unsanitary. Technical classes lack materials, and some lack teachers. Students are lazy.

Posted August 08, 2006
I am currently a student at Davis and I must say, I think this school is often overlooked by people because of it's size. This is the type of school a student would complain about all year round but miss it in the summer. Davis is my home away from home. The homework may be a drag, but it's only for the best in the long run. This is a VERY UNIQUE school that is college prep. The counselor is the best you will ever find. She cares about each and every student and helps them 1 on 1. Students can also work in the hangar and on airplanes. I love how small Davis is. Davis does not have a gym, but it has a new principal.

Davis Aerospace High School 5

Posted August 01, 2005
I'm a student at Davis Aerospace, graduating class of 07'.And I feel that Davis is a great school for developing trades and skills that you wouldn't normally find in a regular public school. Each student at Davis is challenged everyday whether it's in a math class, welding,advanced drafting, etc. When students come to Davis, they usually get upset because there's no sports team, or a gym to make one in, But once they get into the full experience they realize that there's so much more to a high school education than a sports team. Davis is not a school that sets you up for a nice job. Davis is a school that gets you ready for a wonderful CAREER.

Posted February 24, 2005
I am currently a senior at Davis Aerospace. I admit this school is a pretty nice place to attend. However, only if you are looking for a career in the field of aviation. Also, We do not a a gymnasium and niether a team. We are strictly academic.

Posted October 14, 2004
I love this school I met my love here and my best friend and I love it here it feels like home. I hated going home from here, I would love to spend another 4 years here again . But however there is a back draw to this school, theyre assistant principal. I love this school and its teachers especially Mr. Brennan and Mr. Oneal and Mr Murphy they are like the best teachers I ever had . I thank them for everything I have now.

900 Dickerson Avenue, Detroit, MI  48215
Last modified Davis Aerospace High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Aerospace High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top