Detroit, MI

Bagley Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2013
My children attended Bagley for the 2012-2013 school year. I liked my K-4 child's teacher Ms. Zielke.

Bagley Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
bagley elementary school is the worst school i have ever seen it needs to be shut down and the teachers and student need to be moved to a more positive and successful school. these children are being neglected robbed of their talent...They have no physical education...they teacher have to take them to the gym to play...there is no structure in this school at all..i have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener there and i am horrified that it is the neihborhood shchool...i have a 4 year old that goes to k. next year and i also have a 2 year old that will be attending school soon....i own my home in the neihborhood and i feel like my children are being neglected at their school...my son conplains every single day about his school hes also developing a behavior problem from attended this school we hate the school something has to be done please

Bagley Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2012
I am the grandparent of four inspiring children. This is their first year in this district. We recently relocated from a district that reflected proper educational envirnment: learning, nutrition, and safety. Therefore, Bagley School was highly recommended, by adults who attended 5 years ago as well as a neighbor. I believe in all fairness, especially when it comes to locations of school. I know that some schools struggle with teaching staff, supplies and equipment. However, disturbing comments of: overcrowding 6 grade classrooms, fights, dirty classrooms the beginning of the school year, and food not worth eating sometimes I m concerned. Recently, there was no milk given with cereal, the orange juice was warm, or the milk taste like it was sour: Listen, if our children are going to be the next doctor, President, builder, or Olympic gold medalists, present and future; we have to give them a chance now. I am hoping that Bagley as well as the Board of ED in the Detroit area is listening, and providing our schools with: proper education, nutrition, and safety, if one area lacks the other's suffers. I look forward to becoming more involve in the education of our young people. clh.

Bagley Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2012
Teachers are great and caring. Mrs. Brooks (principal) is not a great fit for this school or the teachers. I and other parents, feel that she is not effective and not a team player.

Posted November 12, 2008
I love Bagley.I was at this school for 3 years and then I moved to Las Vegas.I loved the teachers!They were caring and kind.They made sure each and every student understood what was taught.I still wish I went to Bagley.Now I am in Middle School and using the knowledge I got from Bagley to help me in school.Thanks Alot Bagley!

Bagley Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2008
Bagley is not a bad school all in all. At the beginning of the school year I did not like Ms. Parnell due to her attitude but as time went on she grew on me a little bit, because she showed more interest in the children, and thats always a plus.

Bagley Elementary School

Posted March 28, 2008
Bagley Elementary School has met or exceeded my expectations of my daughter's first grade experience. The school is ran under the able leadership of Principal Williams and her dedicated staff. Our family enjoys reading the news flash that does a great job of keeping us abreast of school as well as neighborhood and community news. I can not say enough good things about Mrs. Parnell of room 107, she loves her job and it shows. Mrs. Parnell is loving and patient with her students; she has a lively and creative curriculum and still makes time to work on building Bagley's capacity and supplementing the school's budget through her grant writing efforts. If you live in the Bagley Community, you can be proud to send you children to the neighborhood school.

Posted February 02, 2007
Bagley is a great school with caring teachers and a nurturing environment. My son has been at Bagley now for 3 years. He was in need of special attention that we could not seem to get from his other school. After the 1st year, he is now performing in the top of his class.

Posted September 20, 2006
I see Bagley Elementary School that promotes Confidence and Leadership in our children.My child attends Bagley School,and I see the confidence in her as her academics get better and better,she is not a follower,but a Leader within herself and she tries to promote that behavior in other children,especially when her Teacher assigns her to another child that is having difficulties in a subject.My child tells me that her motto is 'Have confidence in Yourself' You can do it,and you will learn this Math or whatever it may be.We as Parents are very proud of our Daughter,We instill in her to have Confidence,along with love&Support.When she goes to School,she receives a double-dose of it from the Teachers,I thank God for Bagley Elementary School.

Bagley Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2005
Bagely Elementary is a great school. My son has gone there since kindergarden and has been on the honor roll every since. It is community friendly and has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Bagley Elementary School
8100 Curtis Street, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Bagley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bagley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top