Detroit, MI

Carver Elementary-Middle School 5

Posted April 10, 2014
When my child first enrolled in Carver there were many challenges ahead. But with such a great staff with a great commitment to my son, many of those challenges no longer exist. I appreciate every that Carver has to offer!!

Carver Elementary-Middle School 5

Posted April 07, 2014
Carver has improved tremendously in the two years since we got a new staff. My child feels safe and loved at this school, so I'm very pleased!

Carver Elementary-Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2009
Oh well i am going to tell this from my point of view which means I don't care weather or not you approve of this or not. every one is so busy blaming the teachers for something their kids are not doing...LEaRNING. i went there from third grade all the way to eighth grade.. and from what i saw its the kids fault that don't want to learn...or stay in class. This is from my point because i was one of those kids that were always in the hall last year at carver. At the end of the day sometimes it doesn't matter if its the parents or teachers because some times its just the kids.

Carver Elementary-Middle School

Posted March 12, 2008
This is my son first year in school and cavers first year of Pre-School this is not a good school at all. kisd always in the hallways.The second floor is really bad and that's coming from the teachers. that school needs to be checked out badly me sons in per-K but will NOT attend K.The teacher do not care at all.

Posted January 15, 2008
This is the first year my children have attended this school, and for the first time in 7 yrs (my oldest son has been going to a Detroit Public School since he was 3 yrs old) I must say this is one school I don't care for. My youngest sons teacher broke her leg in the earlier part of the school year and he's had a substitute teachers ever since. Fortunately he's had no problems. I still wonder if the lessons would have been taught with the same fluency. My oldest son seems to be having no problems. I wonder is that because of the laid back attitudes of the staff and teachers. The kind of attitude that lets children slip through the education process. Last but not least shall I say 7 hr lock down, no gym or recess. I had no choice this year but so long next year.

Carver Elementary-Middle School 2

Posted December 15, 2005
As a parent I have certain expectations of what I think a school should be. I am not going to say that Carver elementary is a bad school, however I will say that therre is not much communication amongst the teachers and principles regarding after school programs. I also don't like the way that the office staff does not approach when you enter the office. Several weeks ago I came into the office and I stood there while several people walked around talking with each other and working. No one asked me did I need any help I thought that that was unsafe and unprofessional. I do think that there are a lot of teachers at Carver who really do care about the children that attend the school.

Posted October 18, 2005
Carver is not a good school. Im pulling my son out of this school. There is no order at this school. To me it seem that the staff there only care's about getting a check on payday. This is not a place where a child could learn it's like a circus. This is not the place for my child at all that's why as a parent Im taking him somewhere he can learn.

Posted May 06, 2005
Carver could be a good school if they had the right leadership there. They are going through their 2nd Principle for the school year. I've been there a few times during school hours and I have seen first hand how the teachers do not have any control in their classes. I think if parents were more involved the school may be a little bit better. It's ashame because that school has potential but they just don't seem to care. And teachers wonder why they are being laid off.

Posted March 02, 2005
I'm a stundent at carver and to tell you the truth its a terrible school sometimes its so cold in the classes we have to sit there with our coats and there are so many good kids i'm one of them but because of all the bad kids it makes it hard...The reason i'm saying its bad is because we have kids bring weed to school ..I mean what kind of school is this?

Carver Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted September 13, 2004
Carver is a good school, but with more parental involvement it could be an exceptional school. Our children Carver are trying to succeed in spite of their surroundings. With more involvement from parents we could work on bringing more afterschool activities to Carver. We could also push the district to do something about the overcrowding of classes. Carver has a multitude of cultures represented. We have children who are biracial, Caucasion, African American, Hispanic, and Arab.

Carver Elementary-Middle School
18701 Paul Street, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Carver Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver Elementary-Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top