Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My friend grandson attends Cass as a freshmen and struggling in a few subjects and the teachers there criticize and ridicule him to the point he wants to leave. They continue to ask him how he was able to get in and that he does not belong there. He mentioned an incident where he asked a question in class and the teacher threw his notebook at him. I think this is horrible on the teachers action and not acceptable behavior for adults leading students along the way .

Big Sean (Sean Michael Leonard Anderson) went here. Just look at him now

My daughter is a freshman at Cass and she came from a Charter school that was giving her a hard time about transferring. The office staff was very understanding about her situation and they showed me how to get the information I needed to get her enrolled. Her transition to high school has been great. Her teachers are very caring and they strive for excellence. She missed an homework assignment during the Bridge program and I received a call immediately from her teacher letting me know her expectations and how this was not acceptable. Iam looking forward to my daughter continued success with the help of the amazing staff at Cass Tech.

My daughter just graduated from Cass and is headed to Michigan State University! I found the teachers very caring and very concerned about her ability to succeed! My husband and I are trying to get our middle daughter to go there too! ELF - Parent

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter says the amount of homework was just right! I don't recall her staying up too late at night doing it.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers refuse to help students who are struggling - they refer them to other students for help. My daughter was referred for Saturday tutoring sessions - the only problem with that was, the sessions were directed at students in regular level classes, my daughter had honors classes.

I could write a book on how this place is hiding behind it's former glory. My brother graduated from here, so my mother thought it a good idea to enroll my daughter. Up until this school year my daughter had been an A and B student. They penalize students for being ill - my daughter was given F's for participation when she was out ill for over three weeks after an allergic reaction (we had medical documentation). She again had another reaction in late May - same situation. We were finally told about something called a 504 form too late to have it protect her this year. Teachers refuse to help her catch up. Her English teacher absolutely REFUSED to provide information about a project she missed, and after several calls and parent-teacher conference where she should have shared the information, she told my daughter that she placed it in an online forum. When my daughter stated that she missed it, because of her hospitalization, she asked if she had wi-fi access in the hospital. Requests for homework to be sent to the Academics Counselor by all of her teachers were ignored. Teachers take weeks to put grades into the system which gives parent's the impression that children are failing. Oh and if you arrive at 8:16 am, you are forced to sit in the school lobby and wait until second hour classes, which means then you have numerous unexcused absences on your school record, and you were sitting right downstairs on the floor in the lobby. I have had to report the ROTC program twice already. It was the ONE thing that my daughter liked about Cass. The final straw came at the 2015 graduation ceremony, so she quit the ROTC program the next day. She is now demanding to be leave the school. The students attending there are bullies, even the lunch room staff and the security staff are horrible. The security officer stationed at the door has put her hands on my daughter for no reason. My daughter has been stressed, losing her hair, having GI problems related to stress, and most of her teachers have done very little to help. She has given up. I have never seen her so discouraged about her education in all of my life. Cass is hiding behind a good name. The education that alumni rave about does not exist. Don't risk your child's educational future on this place. It's a joke. Send your child somewhere else. You will be sorry if you don't.

I love my alma mater. I learned a great deal and became a better citizen as a result of my education there. Just like any other inner city school, Cass Tech has its challenges to deal with a struggling

Completely horrible. Definitely doesn't live up to the name it has. In fact, I have absolutely no idea how it can be ranked as a top school in DPS. It is about as worse as most of the other schools. If I had the choice to go back to my freshman year and pick a different school, Cass would certainly not be my choice.

I graduated from Cass Tech in 1949. I was a Home Economics major. I also took pre-med classes such as chemistry & biology. It was an excellent school. I would recommend to any young person that has a goal in life for a particular career.

Last modified Cass Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.