Detroit, MI

Posted March 31, 2014
Central Collegiate Academy has made substantial progress as it relates to student achievement. The current graduation rate is 89%; the drop-out rate has moved from 48% in 2010 to 14.9% in 2013. The composite ACT score has moved from 11.38 in 2010 to 13.83 in 2013, with a substantial anticipated increase for the 2014 student cohort. In addition, Central has the highest student achievement growth in the EAA Performance Series Assessment out of all 15 EAA Schools, with 1 1/2 years of average growth for students in reading and math in all grade levels. There are many online school survey sites with varying metrics that do have updated information in regards to Central's student academic progress.

Central Collegiate Academy 1

Posted April 24, 2010
Discipline is very out of control and unmonitored. The teachers and administration seem to not find detention or in-school suspension are not useful or mandatory. Student background and prior knowledge is also unmonitored. These things usually help the teacher to accommodate learning and help in teaching practices. Administration is very unprofessional which reflects upon student behavior. This school needs many changes. Mr. Bob shut it down.

Posted September 21, 2009
Central High School or as it is known called University Of Central has become a great school. It is really high tech now the lunch room is big things are always happening inside.Central is a great school everybody should go there!!!

Central Collegiate Academy 5

Posted October 29, 2008
central high school is a great high school and anyone would love going to it

Posted August 24, 2008
I am a graduate from Central High, I graduate on the honor roll with a child, I had teachers that really showed me they cared and helped me succeed. I had a niece and nephew that graduate from there, honor roll students, thats doing wonderfull. So its basically what your child makes out of it.

Posted February 28, 2008
Central is the worse school in the whole state of Michigan. There is no leadership or authority for the children to look up too. There are always fights. The kids sit in the hall and gamble, smoke, and simply vandalize the school. I ADVISE everyone to never to the school.

Posted January 05, 2007
I think Central High School is a good school. Everyone always tend to hear bad things about Central but they don't hear whats goes on in the inside its always whats going on on the outside.

Central Collegiate Academy 5

Posted May 18, 2006
I am a parent of The Detroit Central High School and i really like the school. The teachers work well with my son and my son give the teachers all the respect that they deserve. As a parent i enjoy coming to parent teacher conference meeting the teachers.The principal have the students in order they respect the principal. I like a school where the students respect the teachers,staff and principal and the parents when they enter the school.

Posted October 13, 2004
I love the big 'CE' which is what we called it in 1973 when I graduated. I've also had a daughter graduate from Central recently. Anyone can do well, if you apply yourself. That's what I've done and that's what I encouraged my daughter to do! The staff at Central care deeply about what happens to the students and always have! I encourage more parents and students to care about what goes on at Central...and make it the world class school we know that it is!

Posted August 06, 2004
Central is a very good school. Those who attend Detroit Central must be well focused and strong mentally. The surrounding area is highly influential to ones child. Although, if a child could stay focused and determined here that child would be able to encounter any task and succeed anywhere in the world. I have.

2425 Tuxedo Street, Detroit, MI  48206
Last modified Central Collegiate Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Collegiate Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top