Detroit, MI

Chrysler Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2014
There is a lot of bullying, and the principle and teachers have turned a blind eye to it. It could be a great school, but kids are so nasty to each other that it shows that the teachers have a lack of control in the classroom, and aren't enforcing what mutual respect means. Overall, it's a clique school..and this school is no better (academically) than any other DPS elementary school.

Posted September 04, 2014
Chrysler Elementary has provided a wonderful environment for my oldest child. My youngest has also just started at Chrysler. I cannot say enough about the staff and faculty of this small school. I immediately felt good about this school upon entering it (when researching public school options). Warm and dedicated staff, one classroom per grade, music instruction, a dedicated science teacher, after school clubs (Cub Scouts, Daisies, Bible Club, Cooking Matters, Chess) and a phenomenal latchkey program (kids never want to leave!!) Chrysler has emphasized writing and early literacy, with many children at Chrysler reading above grade level. Highly recommended.

Posted August 30, 2014
I enjoy my kids going to Chrysler. I have a good relationship with the teachers and the principal. I feel that my kids receives the individual attention that they need. Chrysler is like a family and has expanded my children Reading, Math, and writing skills. Both of my children are very active with the activities that Chrysler has to offered. Yes, I know that all school have their issues, but I feel assured that I can talk to any teacher that I need to. I am looking forward to a good school year at Chrysler while working with my children, teachers, and other staff at Chrysler. I am glad that my children were able to get into Chrysler, I have build great relationship with the parents as well.

Chrysler Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
I have been keeping track of post on this site about Chrysler School and I am here to say that some things do magically disappear. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. I had a great post and it is no longer listed. I just want to say that there are problems in every school. I had an issue with a teacher and like any parent, I defended my child to the fullest. I know that in the real world, there are going to be people that just don't like you and don't mean you any good. It's just a fact of life. I want my child to know that and many other negative things that can happen. My son is stronger because he experienced this issue and made it through. He will be a well rounded young man when he leaves Chrysler.

Posted August 01, 2013
I graduated from Chrysler about 5 years ago. I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! I started Chrysler when I was in the 1st grade, I am now going to the 10th. Chrysler has not only given great knowledge, but great people skills aswell. All of the teachers were great. I loved them all. I'll have to say my three favorite teachers were my 1st grade teacher Mrs.Ivy(Ms.Veal), Mrs.Potter my 5th grade teacher, and my 2nd grade teacher Ms.Doubley. But in all Chrysler was my favorite school of all.

Chrysler Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2013
I see that my previous review of Chrysler Elementary School has mysteriously disappeared from this site. Anyhow, as I had stated in an earlier review, the leadership and teachers have formed a clique with each other that is unprofessional, judgemental., and the poorest example yet of how adults should behave. Further, this has led to the formation of a very self righteous social construct predicated on cronyism, nepotism, and every other "ism" you can image. If these people don't like you or your child, if they don't feel that you are a good "fit", they will make stuff up about your youngster and portray them as defiant and in need of medication. They go to great lengths to uphold their facade, at the expense of your youngsters' emotional well being. Further, this review is simply a repeat, in many ways of what was reported in 2006. This speaks to the seriousness of the unprofessional conduct which persists at Chrysler Elementary even now in 2013. I would expect that Greatschools.com will do its part to keep the public informed and not let this information mysteriously disappear. Like majic.

Posted May 14, 2012
My son attended Chrysler from Kindergarten through 5th and graduated last year. He got a great foundation to go anywhere from there. The school is still a jewel and should be a model for successful schools in Detroit.

Posted June 03, 2011
Although my daughter was accepted to Bates Academy, given her slightly shy personality, I wanted her to attend school in an environment that was more conducive and would be sure to make her flourish. THAT SHE DID and more! Mrs. Ringholz is an excellent Kindergarten teacher and she along with her colleagues work well to prepare the children to enter into the next grade prepared to master the next level. They have a great latchkey program, along with bible club, boyscouts and countless school events and activities to promote parent involvement, supplemental education, discipline, self-esteem and sound decision making for the students. My child also learned basic Japanese this year due to parents volunteering their time once a week. Chrysler is an elementary school that promises results! I strongly recommend this school to parents who expect a well rounded atmosphere and exceptional scholastic achievement!

Posted May 24, 2011
Another year at Chrysler and my daughter keeps achieving! My daughter is in first grade and Mrs. Robinson has done more than I could have imagined with her. I never thought my 6 year old would be reading and comprehending the way she does at this age. The academics at Chrysler are TOP NOTCH! I also appreciate the discipline the children get there. Chrysler is molding each and every student to be intelligent, responsible and honest individuals from elementary school to adulthood. Keep up the great work Chrysler, you are truly a blessing and I am so grateful my daughter is getting this experience.

Posted February 23, 2011
After two elementary schools that told me to put my son in private school because he would get the individual attention and encouragement that he would need to keep him from getting bored in class, I found Chrysler. I am so grateful for this gem in Detroit. I only wish that I'd sent him there sooner. Not only is it convenient, because I work nearby but I know that my son is well taken care of while at school. My entire family has been Detroit Public School-educated from preschool through graduation so I was not fond of the idea of needing a private school to give my son what he needed to achieve. Chrysler has a school nurse to take care of the small ailments. The students have gym and music in addition to their core classes. The staff is very encouraging to the students that want to try new things. The students participate in art projects and the main focus of the school is on writing. I love Mrs. Whitaker and the entire staff at Chrysler Elementary, including the latchkey staff. The Dad's Club is an outstanding bonus to all the other great things the school has to offer.

Chrysler Elementary School
1445 East Lafayette Street, Detroit, MI  48207
Last modified Chrysler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chrysler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top