Detroit, MI

Marshall Thurgood Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2015
As a parent I do not recommend this school to anyone. There is a huge lack of communication between faculty and the parents about what is going on with their child. They are quick to call home after a situation has escalated to far but not about the progress children's grades during the semester. It is not until report cards are given that I am made aware that my child is falling behind and not when the problem is arising so that me as a parent and the teacher can discuss the steps that need to be taken to get my child the help they need. They don't really care about helping the children. If they did they would be more involved with the parents as well.

Marshall Thurgood Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
As a former teacher of the school, I cannot in good conscious recommend it. There are many things wrong with the school. However, most of the issues have nothing to do with the teachers.

Posted January 20, 2013
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL MY GRAND CHILD ATTENDS THIS SCHOOL. I HAVE KNOWN THE LAST 3 PRINCIPALS, THEY ALL WORKED HARD and care about our children

Marshall Thurgood Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2012
I am a Former Student of Thurgood Marshall and I honestly feel that this school has declined tremendously since I attended this school. My younger brother now goes there and there are a lot of issues that still need to be handled but over all the staff does care about the kids.

Marshall Thurgood Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
I did not care for the principle, Mrs. Pearsall. I am glad she got fired, she simply bite the hand that was feeding her.

Posted August 08, 2010
My oldest child is 20 now and it's so Great I'd wish I hadn't missed the Open Enrollment Deadline for DPS received info. way-way to Late....

Posted May 13, 2010
Because the kids at Thurgood Marshall need lots of help and deserve to receive some and because the teachers there are the best and do what they can to help the students, but need more financial support. Many of the teachers spend a lot out of their pocketbook each year for the kids.

Posted May 04, 2010
Thurgood Marshall is a school that puts children first. The teachers and adminstration care about making a difference.

Posted April 28, 2010
Provides a great foundation for kids educationally!

Posted April 26, 2010
I Love Thurgood marshall because teacher and staff care about the children.

15531 Linwood Street, Detroit, MI  48238
Last modified Marshall Thurgood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall Thurgood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top